D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: FT stroke found! - pg768

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 am

King of Clutch wrote:varejao> than howard right now honestly, and i'm not even joking.

replace Varejao on this team and he'll suck just the same on D if not worse, one guy can't cover for everyone and his O will vanish because nobody on this team is gona pass it to Varejao the way Clev passes it to him.
khmrP

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:23 am

i agree that hes not being used right. all dantoni has to do is watch the magic over the past few seasons. nash can do what jameer did and kobe needs to put his ego aside and pass sometime like turk did for dwight too. there were post ups but also plays with dwight rolling to the hoop and actually getting the ball on the rolls.

EVERY time he rolls he doesnt get the ball. ive maybe seen 5 times this whole season where dwight rolls and actually gets the ball instead of just rolling and standing in the paint for a rebound where he fouls someone or doesnt get a foul called for him
Ariza3

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:33 am

He had a horrible game. He says he's playing at 75-80%; his former coach Stan Van Gundy said Dwight isn't as quick as he was pre-surgery, and watching him in Orlando and now, you can tell he's not the same player.

Nevertheless, I will preface what I'm going to say; I have never suggested this because I am not nor claim to be a Doctor; and, no, I didn't perform Dwight's surgery. However, IDK if Dwight will ever be the same player pre-surgery. I understand all the circumstances; from being properly misdiagnosed by the Orlando staff, to being out 6 months, etc.

If I were the Lakers, and I'm sure they are, evaluating him game to game; they took a risk and Dwight may not be the same player pre-surgery or leave and sign long-term somewhere else; or worst case scenario sign long term somewhere else, and return to form.

Right now, he's limited, looks awful in the post, gets stripped, and can't make free-throws. He's had some good games, but right now, and I understand the Lakers aren't making the decision to sign him long-term at this moment; but I wouldn't sign him to a Max deal right now. No way. I'd take a chance and put that money elsewhere. This could change, though, if he does return to form by March/April...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:04 am

getting his 1st step back, but unfortunately, not his lift or explosiveness yet.

Played great defense, barely used on offense, although he did shoot terrible the times he got the ball.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby 432J on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:05 am

King of Clutch wrote:varejao> than howard right now honestly, and i'm not even joking.

so true
432J

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:32 am

432J wrote:

so true

Watch our defense be worse. No way in hell any of you trade Howard for Varejao here so quit it already.

GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:33 am

Howard has a role which is terrible for him offensively, let's trade Pau, get Jamison to stretch the 4, and use whatever we have in a trade for pau as depth. Dwight get's his post touches and everybody is happy.

GoldenKnight

Postby Greatest of All Time on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:58 am

GoldenKnight wrote:Howard has a role which is terrible for him offensively, let's trade Pau, get Jamison to stretch the 4, and use whatever we have in a trade for pau as depth. Dwight get's his post touches and everybody is happy.

I'd love to hear what trade package you've got in the works for Pau and what offensive role you have planned out for Dwight.
Greatest of All Time

Postby revgen on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:39 am

D12 kind of reminds me of Marcus Camby when he was with the Nuggets. Camby would always come out to help and block shots but would never get any help from his teammates, so the Nuggets were still an average defensive team despite having a top quality defensive anchor.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby borri on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:58 am

D12 was awful OFFENSIVELY last night. Can't complain about his D. The moment he exits the game our D goes right down the toilet. It's practically a lay up drill out there, especially with Pau manning the middle.
borri

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:22 pm

anyone who post Varjao>Howard, should just stop pretending to know anything bout basketball. Like I acknowledge I'm no bball X and O' expert but when you can honestly say dumb [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] like that, you're no better than Shaq for calling Deandre Jordan the best center in the West :bang: :man10:
khmrP

Postby Armani on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Dwight's been an offensive non factor all year long. Even with Nash running the show he can't seem to dominate the likes of Kwame Brown. His D is great, though.
Armani

Postby JLaker17 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Right now he is only good for defense, he is not really a threat on offense.
JLaker17

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Howard has a role which is terrible for him offensively, let's trade Pau, get Jamison to stretch the 4, and use whatever we have in a trade for pau as depth. Dwight get's his post touches and everybody is happy.

I'd love to hear what trade package you've got in the works for Pau and what offensive role you have planned out for Dwight.

I'm not the Lakers GM, that's his job, I don't want to make packages that make me look like a fool like when you try to trade Pau & Meeks in 3 way deals for Kirilenko/Milsapp/Parsons

GoldenKnight

Postby Center Court on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Armani wrote:Dwight's been an offensive non factor all year long. Even with Nash running the show he can't seem to dominate the likes of Kwame Brown. His D is great, though.

its hard to dominate as a Center when you only get 7 shots...

Now, some of the burden falls on Dwight. Dwight's health, Dwight's mentality, Dwight's energy. But when it's all said and done, the majority falls on MDA. He's using Dwight as a Chandler. Set a pick, roll, and get ready to rebound.

Anyone who thought he'd adjust to this roster is kidding themselves. He's the the opposite..

1) Took Metta tot he backup 4 to play small
2) Relegated Jamison to DNP's
3) Demanded Pau become a 3 point shooter
4) Moved Morris into the starting lineup.
5) Over played Kobe and now Nash.
6) Turned Dwight into a screener

If I'm Dwight I am watching all these things and wondering where the hell I fit in for the foreseeable future.

What happened to the lip service MDA gave us in his presser when he said Dwight would dominate? Pau is too good not be great?
Center Court

Postby Greatest of All Time on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:41 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:

I'm not the Lakers GM, that's his job, I don't want to make packages that make me look like a fool like when you try to trade Pau & Meeks in 3 way deals for Kirilenko/Milsapp/Parsons

You: "Let's trade Pau"
Me: "What ideas do you have?"
You: "I'm not the GM, that's not my job"

If it's not your job, why are you saying "let's" like any of us have influence on management decisions? And are you seriously worried about looking foolish to a bunch of faceless people on an internet forum? :man10: Criticizing ideas without offering alternatives makes one look foolish.

Wait, weren't you the guy that suggested force feeding Dwight in the post? Do you have any suggestions for when he turns it over 50 times from getting stripped by Spencer Hawes? Wait, that's Pringles' job you say? Don't tell him what to do then. How would you feel if Pringles told you to stop spamming the same filter on all your pics...
Greatest of All Time

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:42 pm

had NO lift last night. like he looked like Pau. Is his back worse than what hes saying? bc it sure looks like it even after 3 days rest.
Ariza3

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:55 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:

You: "Let's trade Pau"
Me: "What ideas do you have?"
You: "I'm not the GM, that's not my job"

If it's not your job, why are you saying "let's" like any of us have influence on management decisions? And are you seriously worried about looking foolish to a bunch of faceless people on an internet forum? :man10: Criticizing ideas without offering alternatives makes one look foolish.

Wait, weren't you the guy that suggested force feeding Dwight in the post? Do you have any suggestions for when he turns it over 50 times from getting stripped by Spencer Hawes? Wait, that's Pringles' job you say? Don't tell him what to do then. How would you feel if Pringles told you to stop spamming the same filter on all your pics...

I stated that in my opinion we should trade Pau, since when does that mean that whoever suggests that we trade him we have to come on here with the EPN trade machine saying we should do this? It's just a thought, I think we should trade him, Mitch should figure out for who.
I'm not worried about looking foolish, I just choose not be to foolish by making lob sided trades for fun.
I can simply disagree with your lob sided trades without needing a counter.

When did I use the words "force feed" I simply said he needs more touches, which is what we all have been saying. I don't see any wrong with the best C in the NBA getting a little more touches. I suggested he can be a first option in general because he was in Orlando, when healthy, but I never suggested he be our 1st option over Kobe, go back & read.

Oh & if you really need an answer, which I'm sure you're looking for one since you're asking, I really could not care less what Pringles would tell me about my photos or designs so you can quit whining already.

GoldenKnight

Postby last stand on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:22 pm

You can really pick out those who watched him in Orlando and those who didn't in this thread. Very easily I might add
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby odom1year on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:00 pm

JLaker17 wrote:Right now he is only good for defense, he is not really a threat on offense.

We have to make him a threat in offense, if not, this team wont go too far in playoffs.
odom1year

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:06 pm

odom1year wrote:
JLaker17 wrote:Right now he is only good for defense, he is not really a threat on offense.

We have to make him a threat in offense, if not, this team wont go too far in playoffs.

No one can help him hit free throws, not get stripped and actual execute a post move but himself.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby odom1year on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
odom1year wrote:

No one can help him hit free throws, not get stripped and actual execute a post move but himself.

50% FT won't be a big issue. Shaq had the same problem. Right now, he has better teammates than Shaq too. Just get him 15-20 shots per game CONSISTENTLY. It's certainly can help this team.
odom1year

Postby Greatest of All Time on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm not worried about looking foolish, I just choose not be to foolish by making lob sided trades for fun.

I don't want to make packages that make me look like a fool

ok....

well...if you don't want to make foolish "lob" sided trade ideas, then make some fair, reasonable trade ideas that aren't foolish. Is that so hard? If you know what constitutes a foolish "lob" sided trade, then surely you must know what constitutes a fair deal. I mean, if the Lakers should simply just trade Pau and they should just simply give Dwight more touches in the post as you have suggested, it should be easy enough for you to just simply come up with a fair deal, right? Wait, but didn't you say that's the GM's job? How can you know what's "lob" sided or not if that's a GM's job?

When did I use the words "force feed" I simply said he needs more touches, which is what we all have been saying. I don't see any wrong with the best C in the NBA getting a little more touches. I suggested he can be a first option in general because he was in Orlando, when healthy, but I never suggested he be our 1st option over Kobe, go back & read.

ok...so then what should they do when he simply turns it over 10 times a game instead of 5? Should he simply just stop getting stripped and just simply dunk with 3 guys hanging off him like he's prime Shaq? Dwight is the best center in the NBA because of his defense, not because of his offense. That doesn't mean he should be getting more touches in the post. Should he be defending the other team's best player? He is the best defender on the team after all.

so you can quit whining already.

You: Pau sucks, trade him and use Dwight in the post
Me: Ok, who should they trade him for that's not "lob" sided?
You: I don't know, not much my job, they need to just simply do it!

I feel like I'm talking to one of those people that say we should fix the economy by simply raising taxes and cutting spending.
Greatest of All Time

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:14 pm

I don't want to make packages that make me look like a fool

ok....

well...if you don't want to make foolish "lob" sided trade ideas, then make some fair, reasonable trade ideas that aren't foolish. Is that so hard? If you know what constitutes a foolish "lob" sided trade, then surely you must know what constitutes a fair deal. I mean, if the Lakers should simply just trade Pau and they should just simply give Dwight more touches in the post as you have suggested, it should be easy enough for you to just simply come up with a fair deal, right? Wait, but didn't you say that's the GM's job? How can you know what's "lob" sided or not if that's a GM's job?

ok...so then what should they do when he simply turns it over 10 times a game instead of 5? Should he simply just stop getting stripped and just simply dunk with 3 guys hanging off him like he's prime Shaq? Dwight is the best center in the NBA because of his defense, not because of his offense. That doesn't mean he should be getting more touches in the post. Should he be defending the other team's best player? He is the best defender on the team after all.

so you can quit whining already.

You: Pau sucks, trade him and use Dwight in the post
Me: Ok, who should they trade him for that's not "lob" sided?
You: I don't know, not much my job, they need to just simply do it!

I feel like I'm talking to one of those people that say we should fix the economy by simply raising taxes and cutting spending.

We should trade Pau, of course for depth as I have mentioned it before, Mitch should get that done whatever "depth for Pau" means, he is the GM after all, is that too hard to comprehend for you? I don't need to give you ESPN machine trade ideas, all I know is we need to trade Pau for depth, that should be simple enough for you, key word here being "should" apparently...

Dwight can also put up points if he gets more touches, he isn't only the best C in the NBA for his defense, or else Chandler would be the 2nd best clear C in the NBA & not Bynum, don't be silly, defense isn't the only thing that makes Howard the best C. Also, yes he gets stripped that's his weakness, Kobe shoots to much, complains, & doesn't get back on D, that's his weakness, should we stop giving the ball to Kobe because of this? Please, every player has a weakness and getting stripped is Dwight's apparently, that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve touches. Who said he should guard the other team's best player? That's ridiculous, now you're just making crazy assumptions.

Also, I'm not the only one who says your trades are lob sided, so don't even get me started there man....Pau for Milsapp/Kirilenko/etc...give me a break...

Check the responses to your 20 player 8 team trades :man10:

lakers-discussion/roster-improvement-how-your-dash-you-hired-t134363-3025.html

GoldenKnight

Postby charvin on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:19 pm

odom1year wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
odom1year wrote:

50% FT won't be a big issue. Shaq had the same problem. Right now, he has better teammates than Shaq too. Just get him 15-20 shots per game CONSISTENTLY. It's certainly can help this team.

It's debatable regarding teammates. Much more defense-oriented team with Shaq whereas this is a much more offense-oriented team, but not around Howard.
charvin

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard