Re: Dwight Howard Discussion:Apologizes,"it starts with me" 804

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:44 pm

PG: mostly blue, with some green
SG: yellow/teal combination
SF: jumping from blue to teal and back :man10:
PF: blue
C: yellow.

Fan base: definitely teal.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:I remember all of that too.... but if we are changing coaches and moving players just to get Howard touches in his sweet spot we will become Orlando all over again..... Otis Smith and SVG bent over backwards for Howard.... and how where they thanked?....

Make Howard state he want's to be a Laker for life...... then make the moves.... don't do it the other way around. He may be the best Big in the game but he's proven nothing that really matters in Laker terms IMO.

The point I'm making is that they need to fire D'Antoni anyway. Regardless of Dwight's personal preference of coaches and touches and what have you.

The two happen to coincide but really it needs to be done regardless.

You're a smart poster. I like your insights. I do hope MDA is gone as well; however, a quick question. What if we bring in another coach and Dwight has the same problems? Not being involved enough or a personality clash? I mean, the only one who I realistically have confidence in to bring any sense into Dwight is Phil. However, I believe that ship has sailed...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:50 pm

karacha wrote:PG: mostly blue, with some green
SG: yellow/teal combination
SF: jumping from blue to teal and back :man10:
PF: blue
C: yellow.

Fan base: definitely teal.

I say SG is RED, RED, RED, RED and then RED somemore
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby last stand on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:51 pm

khmrP wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:
borri wrote:Antoni offensive needs:

1. PnR PG....Check
2. PnR big man.....nope.
3. Shooters other than Nash....nope.
4. Speed and athleticism.....nope.

Why did we hire this guy?

'Cuz Jimmy cant count past 1 and never got to the rest of the list? :man1:

I bet this Mike promised to give Jim a better set of DVD's then the other Mike :man12: :man1:

D'antoni brought Jim Blu-ray
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Let's be honest: Kobe has to start sharing some responsibilities as well. That's not his forte, obviously, and a superstar like him has a difficult time admitting he is declining. Sure, Dwight needs to earn his trust, but still... everyone on this team has their own share of responsibilities. Maybe Kobe should be a better leader like Magic said. I feel bad for criticizing the legend, but... maybe there's something there.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:54 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:I remember all of that too.... but if we are changing coaches and moving players just to get Howard touches in his sweet spot we will become Orlando all over again..... Otis Smith and SVG bent over backwards for Howard.... and how where they thanked?....

Make Howard state he want's to be a Laker for life...... then make the moves.... don't do it the other way around. He may be the best Big in the game but he's proven nothing that really matters in Laker terms IMO.

The point I'm making is that they need to fire D'Antoni anyway. Regardless of Dwight's personal preference of coaches and touches and what have you.

The two happen to coincide but really it needs to be done regardless.

You're a smart poster. I like your insights. I do hope MDA is gone as well; however, a quick question. What if we bring in another coach and Dwight has the same problems? Not being involved enough or a personality clash? I mean, the only one who I realistically have confidence in to bring any sense into Dwight is Phil. However, I believe that ship has sailed...

Had the same issues with Kobe. Magic as well. Oh and Jordan with Doug Collins, deron with Sloan

This isn't uncommon. Dwight by all accounts had no issues with brown. In fact he was touching the ball quite a bit with brown

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:55 pm

karacha wrote:Let's be honest: Kobe has to start sharing some responsibilities as well. That's not his forte, obviously, and a superstar like him has a difficult time admitting he is declining. Sure, Dwight needs to earn his trust, but still... everyone on this team has their own share of responsibilities. Maybe Kobe should be a better leader like Magic said. I feel bad for criticizing the legend, but... maybe there's something there.

There is, but if Dwight is turning the ball over at the rate he is, then what's there to do? We TRY to play inside. Dwight touches the ball 2nd most in the league among bigs, but he doesn't seem to be effective down there. He's not drawing as many fouls, he's not getting as many dunks/layups, and he turns the ball over a lot.

If Dwight were 100% it'd be perfect, but since he's not... :man5:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:56 pm

karacha wrote:Let's be honest: Kobe has to start sharing some responsibilities as well. That's not his forte, obviously, and a superstar like him has a difficult time admitting he is declining. Sure, Dwight needs to earn his trust, but still... everyone on this team has their own share of responsibilities. Maybe Kobe should be a better leader like Magic said. I feel bad for criticizing the legend, but... maybe there's something there.

It was always fishers job. Kobe at the end of the day is not the leadership type. Just like Michael. They need fishers, paxons and Phil Jackson's to take care of the rest

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:57 pm

Just to continue from my last post: maybe Nash has to take responsibility as well in addition to Kobe. He should keep them all on the same page. Tell Kobe everyone is going to get their shots, just have to trust in him (Nash) and let him decide who is in the best position to score. Share the ball, look for each other. I love Nash, but he's not doing that right now. Kobe calls for the ball (because that's what he does), Nash agrees and proceeds to watch Kobe iso. While, at the same time, Pau and Dwight are getting really annoyed.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:59 pm

last stand wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:You're a smart poster. I like your insights. I do hope MDA is gone as well; however, a quick question. What if we bring in another coach and Dwight has the same problems? Not being involved enough or a personality clash? I mean, the only one who I realistically have confidence in to bring any sense into Dwight is Phil. However, I believe that ship has sailed...

Had the same issues with Kobe. Magic as well. Oh and Jordan with Doug Collins, deron with Sloan

This isn't uncommon. Dwight by all accounts had no issues with brown. In fact he was touching the ball quite a bit with brown

This. But to answer the question, you tackle it when it comes. Say we hire Dunleavy and Dunleavy is awful, then he deserves to be fired. Say we hire Nate McMillan and he's alright, but Howard is still unhappy well then you tackle that when it gets here.

But right now, that's not really the question. The question is how long are we going to let D'Antoni stick around when it's clear the team isn't into what he's saying? Not even Nash who is supposed to be his boy.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:01 pm

karacha wrote:Just to continue from my last post: maybe Nash has to take responsibility as well in addition to Kobe. He should keep them all on the same page. Tell Kobe everyone is going to get their shots, just have to trust in him (Nash) and let him decide who is in the best position to score. Share the ball, look for each other. I love Nash, but he's not doing that right now. Kobe calls for the ball (because that's what he does), Nash agrees and proceeds to watch Kobe iso. While, at the same time, Pau and Dwight are getting really annoyed.

I agree with that.

The one thing Nash does though differently than PGs previously is that if he comes down the floor and Howard or Gasol is down there, he'll reward them more often than not.

One point though: I've seen Kobe call everyone off and give the guys post touches when the get good position. It's up to them to convert and they don't. Especially Dwight who has been horrendous in the post the last couple weeks.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:02 pm

therealdeal wrote:
last stand wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:You're a smart poster. I like your insights. I do hope MDA is gone as well; however, a quick question. What if we bring in another coach and Dwight has the same problems? Not being involved enough or a personality clash? I mean, the only one who I realistically have confidence in to bring any sense into Dwight is Phil. However, I believe that ship has sailed...

This. But to answer the question, you tackle it when it comes. Say we hire Dunleavy and Dunleavy is awful, then he deserves to be fired. Say we hire Nate McMillan and he's alright, but Howard is still unhappy well then you tackle that when it gets here.

But right now, that's not really the question. The question is how long are we going to let D'Antoni stick around when it's clear the team isn't into what he's saying? Not even Nash who is supposed to be his boy.

I think D'Antoni is here for the year; like it or not. If they keep continue to lose at this rate, getting embarrassed, I believe they'll make a move this summer. They'll have to eat the salary...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby last stand on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:08 pm

They really shouldn't have signed d'antoni to a 3 year deal. I mean how do you sign him so long term when he's not proven while paying brown because he bombed.

I could see multi year for Phil or Sloan because those guys are proven. But d'antoni. Should have been a 1 year prove it deal

We are lucky coaching isn't against the cap

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:16 pm

^ The idea I suppose was that Nash will be around for 3 seasons, go find the guy who works with him the best and sign him to the same amount.

I agree DHD that D'Antoni is likely around until the summer, I just wish it weren't that way. I think pretty much no matter what he's gone this summer, but if they miss the playoffs he's gone for sure.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:17 pm

therealdeal wrote:
last stand wrote:

Agreed.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:19 pm

The FO really messed this up. This wasn't well-thought out at all. Firing Mike Brown was out of impulse; not to say that wouldn't have happened; but I would have much rather hung with him until the All-Star Break and see what he did. Then after make a determination on what kind of coach would best fit this personnel.

Now, due to their own actions, they are going to be paying two coaches, IMO
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:35 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:The FO really messed this up. This wasn't well-thought out at all. Firing Mike Brown was out of impulse; not to say that wouldn't have happened; but I would have much rather hung with him until the All-Star Break and see what he did. Then after make a determination on what kind of coach would best fit this personnel.

I was overjoyed to be rid of Brown, personally. But one thing that's very interesting about this whole thing is the crazy dynamic going on in the FO. Jim Buss went on record as saying he was still behind Brown - he even said it would take something crazy like losing 15 in a row for him to even begin to think about doing something like firing him. But Jerry Buss put the hammer down. He saw one of those horrid losses and he was irate enough to just flat out can the guy. It was pretty shocking. Perhaps you are right and they should have given it more time, but again, I'm not complaining. I hated having Brown as coach.

But the hire of D' Antoni was truly a rush job and they had no reason to do that. Their rationale for choosing him over Phil was either complete hogwash or utter stupidity. We're all still trying to figure that one out. And yes, you are totally correct, they brought this on themselves and will be paying accordingly.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ludachris on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:The FO really messed this up. This wasn't well-thought out at all. Firing Mike Brown was out of impulse; not to say that wouldn't have happened; but I would have much rather hung with him until the All-Star Break and see what he did. Then after make a determination on what kind of coach would best fit this personnel.

I was overjoyed to be rid of Brown, personally. But one thing that's very interesting about this whole thing is the crazy dynamic going on in the FO. Jim Buss went on record as saying he was still behind Brown - he even said it would take something crazy like losing 15 in a row for him to even begin to think about doing something like firing him. But Jerry Buss put the hammer down. He saw one of those horrid losses and he was irate enough to just flat out can the guy. It was pretty shocking. Perhaps you are right and they should have given it more time, but again, I'm not complaining. I hated having Brown as coach.

But the hire of D' Antoni was truly a rush job and they had no reason to do that. Their rationale for choosing him over Phil was either complete hogwash or utter stupidity. We're all still trying to figure that one out. And yes, you are totally correct, they brought this on themselves and will be paying accordingly.

Which is why I don't believe them for a second when they say they're 100% behind D'Antoni, nor does anyone else. They killed their credibility with what they did to Brown after publicly backing him, and then the whole Phil fiasco leading to the questionable D'Antoni hiring. If they fire him now after saying over and over how much faith they have in him they'll kill any chances they have of being able to attract a qualified coach for quite a while, maybe even for as long as Jim is running the show.
Buck Foston, LA Rules
Ludachris

Postby thisbjgz on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Well I guess it's safe to say MDA is good as gone by next year, if not earlier. This is gonna be the 2nd coach Dwight has forced out, lmao. I feel it, history always repeats itself (Dwight last year with SVG, Deron this year AGAIN with Avery)
thisbjgz

Postby borri on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:03 pm

thisbjgz wrote:Well I guess it's safe to say MDA is good as gone by next year, if not earlier. This is gonna be the 2nd coach Dwight has forced out, lmao. I feel it, history always repeats itself (Dwight last year with SVG, Deron this year AGAIN with Avery)

Yeah and its not like Antoni's system works. It's not like Kobe also said so.

Don't care who fans want to point the finger at for Antoni's demise. As long as he's gone. It's a good thing.
borri

Postby Kit on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:07 pm

I wonder why there is update on Dwight's shoulder injury. Or they can't find what's wrong with it? lol... :man6:
Kit

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Ludachris wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

Which is why I don't believe them for a second when they say they're 100% behind D'Antoni, nor does anyone else. They killed their credibility with what they did to Brown after publicly backing him, and then the whole Phil fiasco leading to the questionable D'Antoni hiring. If they fire him now after saying over and over how much faith they have in him they'll kill any chances they have of being able to attract a qualified coach for quite a while, maybe even for as long as Jim is running the show.

^ But you've misinterpreted my post somewhat Ludachris. What I said was that there's a bit of a messed up dynamic going between the supposed united front of the FO. There's differences between Jim and Jerry and some lack of clarity as to who is in charge. It wasn't for lack of credibility that they fired Brown. Jim meant what he said. That was his hire. It was JERRY BUSS who fired him. Jim was actually behind Brown and wanted to keep him. But big daddy came down. There are two different guys, father and son, at play here. Jerry is also the one who said it was his decision to go with D' Antoni. All we know for sure is that neither Buss was going to hire Phil back.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon
Per the Lakers, Dwight Howard has been examined, found to have no further damage, and has been cleared to play.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

SEASON STARTS FRIDAY.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby thisbjgz on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:33 pm

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande

Lakers say Dwight Howard is cleared to play after his right shoulder was examined today.
thisbjgz

Postby charvin on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:34 pm

New season every day!

Doc Brown wrote:
Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon
Per the Lakers, Dwight Howard has been examined, found to have no further damage, and has been cleared to play.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

SEASON STARTS FRIDAY.
charvin

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard