D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:22 pm

I'm not ready to call him a quitter, but I'm not far away from it, and I will call him a pouter. People keep bringing up his 20/20 game before he went out for good last season as proof that he always gives his all no matter what, but my eyes tell me differently. He was done with that team in Orlando, he got that coach outta there, and he seems kinda done with this LA thing right now too. Of course, being wishy washy as he is that could all change tomorrow.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby ojdidit123 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Get away from this franchise Dwight you and Pau can both take your whiny, hypersensitive, and specifically in Dwights case premadonna as*es elsewhere and never come back. Damn I hate to say Skip Bayless was right but he was 110% on point when it came to Dwight prior to this season, I wanted to believe this guy was something special and could turn it all around with us but it is clear as day that he can't he is too mentally soft to turn it around here. Thank god most in the media recognize that Dwight, MDA, and Pau are mostly to blame for this seasons failures and FINALLY for once in his career Kobe can't be used as a scapegoat given his great play for the 1st half of the season its a travesty that he has to be surrounded with such subpar effort givers and I have never felt sorrier for him than I do now..hearing all the intial excitment prior to the season then watching him go out of his way to get Dwight involved but its clear a that Dwight needs to go..He is not the present thats for sure and god help us if he manages to be our future but all signs are starting to point toward him leaving and I will be plenty satisfied when he does..I won't celebrate like when Pau is finally gone but it will be pretty close
Last edited by ojdidit123 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ojdidit123

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 pm

revgen wrote:I could understand his shoulder preventing him from blocking shots or shooting hooks. It doesn't excuse him for not boxing out his man and not moving his feet on D.

This. Doesn't excuse him from not even trying to get the ball after setting screens on O either. Doesn't excuse him for looking completely disengaged and desinterested.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 pm

revgen wrote:I could understand his shoulder preventing him from blocking shots or shooting hooks. It doesn't excuse him for not boxing out his man and not moving his feet on D.

This. Doesn't excuse him from not even trying to get the ball after setting screens on O either. Doesn't excuse him for looking completely disengaged and desinterested.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 pm

I think we may have to shut him down and call it a year. He was trying to block shots with his left hand and picked up 3 fouls in the process. This isnt working. At least he tried to play today.
Last edited by The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:24 pm

blinkme28 wrote:i thought Patrick Ewing worked with Dwight on some offensive moves. The guy really has no offensive game.

Dude has stone hands but to be fair, that part of his game wasnt the reason why we brought him in. Even though it would have been nice if he had some sense of pride in improving his skills..we knew what we were getting.
bumrusherer

Postby denimPortugal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Fraud!! :mad1:
denimPortugal

Postby BuzzerBeater on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:30 pm

Here's the without scoreboard, come on Dwight u have 8 weeks left for adding some wins.

Gasol : 3

Coward...Howard: 0

Imo there are some other problems in this team than Gasol.
BuzzerBeater

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 pm

Really starting to get tired of Dwight.

The guy has regressed every month since he arrived here.

There's certain nights out there where his effort disappoints me.

A hurt shoulder shouldn't prevent you from getting in good defensive position or jumping for rebounds.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 pm

All that smiling & joking is cute & fun when you're winning games.

No one's gonna tolerate that when you're losing.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Willx on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Dwight for Al Jefferson + Paul Millsap please
Willx

Postby noobiew on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 pm

9 points, 9 rebounds, 4 turnovers, fouled out in 28 minutes. :man6:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:37 pm

You guys wanted an injured Howard to play so he did, don't come complaining now saying he sucks when you're the ones who wanted him to play through his injury in the first place, not even counting that he was already not 100% due to the back.

I will say this though, taking off your jersey on national television is childish, he know damn well what he did there.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby borri on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:38 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:You guys wanted an injured Howard to play so he did, don't come complaining now saying he sucks when you're the ones who wanted him to play through his injury in the first place, not even counting that he was already not 100% due to the back.

I will say this though, taking off your jersey on national television is childish, he know damn well what he did there.

Symbolic probably. He knew what he was doing. Taking off Lakers jersey = I am outta here.

Trade him Mitch. Trade him NOW!
borri

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Wait what is this taking his jersey off thing ? Does anyone have a video or picture of it? What did he do?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:42 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:You guys wanted an injured Howard to play so he did, don't come complaining now saying he sucks when you're the ones who wanted him to play through his injury in the first place, not even counting that he was already not 100% due to the back.

I hope you're making a general statement. Don't lump everybody into that category. Being a the same age as Howard and looking at things in his shoes, I understood his position. Nonetheless, what he should have done is stood up for himself if he didn't want to play instead of being pressured and playing uninspired basketball while he was out there.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Lol

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/299724900984291328
During postgame interview, Mike D'Antoni said Dwight Howard has been cleared to play for awhile, but he chose not to play until tonight.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:45 pm

^LOL. Hahaha. Funniest quote from MDA I've heard...that's true, though...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby noobiew on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:45 pm

borri wrote:

Symbolic probably. He knew what he was doing. Taking off Lakers jersey = I am outta here.

Trade him Mitch. Trade him NOW!

Yes, Mitch and Jim need to approach Dwight after this game, ask him whether will he commits his future to us, if he can't give us an answer then please trade him this season.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby King of Clutch on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Things seem clear to me now. Dwight's reputation has gone to [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. He's a pouty player who doesn't "give his all" like he says he does. After getting van gundy fired, and then LEAVING orlando, he came here. Only to bolt to another team again, which I think he will do. If he does, he will become the most hated player in the league. This doesn't look good on him. We see him for what he is, which is kind of annoying. Orlando saw him for what he is. I just hope the mass media doesn't see it as we do. Because people may not even want to make deals for him, knowing how much of a primma donna he is, and the rep he has. Which could hurt our chances at getting good value in return.
King of Clutch

Postby BuzzerBeater on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Will play tomorrow? :man1:

Will play at Miami? :disagree:
BuzzerBeater

Postby borri on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:47 pm

The Rock wrote:Lol

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/299724900984291328
During postgame interview, Mike D'Antoni said Dwight Howard has been cleared to play for awhile, but he chose not to play until tonight.

There you go. D12 was pissed that Kobe and Nash called him out. So he decided to play....but only halfheartedly. Pretty much giving the team the middle finger.

That's it. I am officially done with this guy. If we don't trade him, fine. I am also fine if he just walks.

Gave the dude a chance, ignored and gave him the benefit of the doubt that his
prima donna tendencies were just a passing fancy.

Guys, he's selfish. Worst, he soft mentally. Don't want him in P&G. No way!
borri

Postby Maluco Beleza on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 pm

when he took off his jersey reminded me of when LBJ took off his Cavs' jersey for the last time after losing in the playoffs
Maluco Beleza

Postby cthroatgtr on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Well Dwight didn't play tonight...tomorrow perhaps?

Thought this season was the curse of k-cal...maybe jimbo's fault...nope curse of Dwight. What do you get when you cross a child with no fundamentals and no heart??? Stan Van Gundy should be the next Laker coach...clearly a miracle worker.
cthroatgtr

Postby King of Clutch on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:52 pm

He can't walk. At some point this week, a SERIOUS conversation needs to be had with dwight howard on whether he wants to stay or not. If he doesn't, we must deal him and get something in return. I'm really hoping we can get brook somehow. I think he's a younger pau with better scoring abilities and a better stroke. Regardless, we can't "wait and see". It seems more likely now more than ever that he's leaving at seasons end.
King of Clutch

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard