D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Weezy wrote:Kevin Ding tweet just now

@KevinDing: Lakers are wearing red NBA-issued warmup shirts tonight in honor of Chinese New Year. Dwight (and Antawn) have matching red Adidas sneaks.

@KevinDing: Alas, no matching red headband available for Dwight. Doesn't seem to be bothering him based on how much he's farting in the locker room.

No idea why I thought to post it, probably because I have no idea why Ding felt the need to say it, so odd. :man10:

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Well, maybe some fart humor will lighten all the gloom and doom mood around here and in the locker room. Lowest common denominator humor? Sure, why not?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Dwight is famous for his locker room farts. That is well known.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: lots of lockerroom hot air (p856)

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:30 pm

:man10: Love the new thread title.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Blown out and embarrassed by their rivals last night, Dwight was a total no-show against a small front court and yet he is still clowning around and acting like the team jester. I am sure Kobe and Nash are laughing hyterically.
tigerjeterkobe

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: Locker room hot "air" (p856)

Postby venky on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Can we please trade him already.
venky

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:39 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Blown out and embarrassed by their rivals last night, Dwight was a total no-show against a small front court and yet he is still clowning around and acting like the team jester. I am sure Kobe and Nash are laughing hyterically.

Oh man seriously? That was funny and you know it, it's not clowning around or not taking your job seriously to let out gas. What's he supposed to do, hold it in to show he's a competitor? Of all the ridiculous things to get mad at Dwight over, wow.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
Weezy wrote:Kevin Ding tweet just now

@KevinDing: Lakers are wearing red NBA-issued warmup shirts tonight in honor of Chinese New Year. Dwight (and Antawn) have matching red Adidas sneaks.

@KevinDing: Alas, no matching red headband available for Dwight. Doesn't seem to be bothering him based on how much he's farting in the locker room.

No idea why I thought to post it, probably because I have no idea why Ding felt the need to say it, so odd. :man10:

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Well, maybe some fart humor will lighten all the gloom and doom mood around here and in the locker room. Lowest common denominator humor? Sure, why not?

Farting Dwight is an indicator of a content Dwight apparently. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:40 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:It is obvious that he just wants to ride out this year risk free, to get his big contract. Then he will start beasting again, trying for loose balls, boxing out, skying for boards, and playing through dings, etc. This is a contract year for him, so his agent and camp are preaching one thing and one thing only -- don't get hurt! That is the basis for all of his comments about "protecting himself and his future." If he suffered a knee or serious back injury, he would stand to lose 100 million dollars.

He doesn't care didly about the playoffs or a ring, not this year. This year for him is just about staying healthy and getting that pay day. Period. He will continue to half-arss it and side on sitting out. Making the playoffs is last on his priorities list. We just have to accept it and look to next season, I guess.

Good post.

You make some interesting points that make a lot of sense. I hadn't really looked at it in that way (always assuming he'd get max dollars no matter what), but I suppose if his injury has that kind of catastrophic potential, then this line of thinking would be quite feasible. Kinda sickening, but feasible.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Kit on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:46 pm

If farting means he is in the mood to play better today, i will fart with him.
Kit

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Let him have as much fun as he wants, and hopefully he can start playing good again.
JLaker17

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Latest reports say, "Dwight's farts are now complaining about not being supported by the team"
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:05 pm

"Hopefully they'll start supporting me the way they need to," Howard said. "Until then, I'm going to continue to do whatever I can to help our team win."

Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby karacha on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:11 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:It is obvious that he just wants to ride out this year risk free, to get his big contract. Then he will start beasting again, trying for loose balls, boxing out, skying for boards, and playing through dings, etc. This is a contract year for him, so his agent and camp are preaching one thing and one thing only -- don't get hurt! That is the basis for all of his comments about "protecting himself and his future." If he suffered a knee or serious back injury, he would stand to lose 100 million dollars.

He doesn't care didly about the playoffs or a ring, not this year. This year for him is just about staying healthy and getting that pay day. Period. He will continue to half-arss it and side on sitting out. Making the playoffs is last on his priorities list. We just have to accept it and look to next season, I guess.

I think this is a very good post. It's very possible this is what he and his agent are thinking right now.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:

Good post.

You make some interesting points that make a lot of sense. I hadn't really looked at it in that way (always assuming he'd get max dollars no matter what), but I suppose if his injury has that kind of catastrophic potential, then this line of thinking would be quite feasible. Kinda sickening, but feasible.

As an attorney, that would be what I would be advising him. don't risk it!! The shoulder injury is not to serious of a concern, but the back certainly is, since without his athleticism he would be nothing. The way this league overpays for big men makes his risk a low one, but it is there. Look at Bynum, I have said for months that he should take the extension and not risk injury and losing his status as a max player. that was on the assumption that he would play this year. he may just ride it out now and hope that Philly or somebody else still pays him. But on Dwight, listening to him talk, it reaks of spinning from the advice his camp is giving him about protecting his future. He is playing conservatively -- and it is not just about his back.

Anyway, be careful not to say too many nice things to me. Puff may not like you anymore. :man10:
tigerjeterkobe

Postby anderton on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:07 pm

venky wrote:Can we please trade him already.

+100000000000000000000000
anderton

Postby 008 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:38 pm

God I miss Bynum... There, I said it!

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:45 pm

I really liked Bynum, but its not like we'd be doing better with him now considering he hasn't played a game this season.
JLaker17

Postby sina on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Dwight, can you see the difference between you and Kobe? 5 rings? No! Much much more!!
sina

Dwight’s Touches

Postby lyth on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Here is the log from tonight.

Charlotte (Feb. 08, 2013)
Spoiler:
DWIGHT’S TOUCHES (1st QTR)
  • 11:50 at-rim from Nash
  • 11:15 10-feet from Artest
  • 10:45 at-rim from Nash
  • 10:25 at-rim from Bryant
  • 9:50 def-rebound
  • 9:20 at-rim from Nash
  • 8:40 at-rim from Nash
  • 8:10 10-feet from Nash
  • 8:00 at-rim from Bryant
  • 3:40 23-feet from Nash
DWIGHT’S TOUCHES (2nd QTR)
  • 11:35 10-feet from Artest
  • 10:20 10-feet from Blake
  • 10:15 10-feet from Blake
  • 9:45 at-rim from Blake
  • 9:35 def-rebound
  • 9:25 at-rim from Artest
  • 9:05 def-rebound
  • 8:55 10-feet from Blake
  • 8:15 10-feet from Artest
  • 8:00 def-rebound
  • 7:35 def-rebound
  • 4:25 def-rebound
  • 3:40 10-feet from Bryant
  • 3:05 at-rim from Nash
  • 2:45 at-rim from Bryant
  • 2:25 def-rebound
  • 0:55 at-rim from Bryant
  • 0:35 18-feet from Nash
DWIGHT’S TOUCHES (3rd QTR)
  • 11:35 23-feet from Nash
  • 10:05 at-rim from Bryant
DWIGHT’S TOUCHES (4th QTR)
  • 8:50 def-rebound
  • 8:35 10-feet from Meeks
  • 8:25 10-feet from Artest
lyth

Postby The Rock on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:24 pm

Nice response from last night. Incredible defense patrolling the paint tonight. Keep it up. Bring it more often.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby karacha on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:24 pm

Good game. Better effort, 12/11/3 blocks. Great D late in the game... I'll take it.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:25 pm

He played really well tonight. A lot of energy and some really solid challenges defensively. Offensively we looked for him a lot.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:39 pm

leaps and bounds from the boston game. still have a ways he can go though
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:39 pm

He showed up tonight on defense, rebounds, had a really great scoring stretch where they fed him the ball, but I have just lost faith in this guy at the moment. I want to get excited that he'll do it next game, that he'll keep doing it, that he will be the guy we want and stick around for the future. Then he comes out the next game and lays an egg effort wise, acts like he doesn't even want to play, I can't give the guy my full support and get back to rooting for him like I want to until I see this consistently, he makes it really hard to do. He had a good game, but when I have to ask what Dwight will we get Sunday it bums me out.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Dwight plays with that energy I can do the :bow: Bring the effort against Miami and bring a win... Shut the trap and play.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard