D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (And so it begins...)

Postby last stand on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:32 am

He's still not close to himself. He was gassed in the 3rd from all the running. And he still hasn't gotten his lift. Him being tired from all the running showed his stamina is also nowhere near where it was in Orlando.

I guess late December or January is looking like the time he'll be back. He was so gassed in the 4th lol
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby TheOp on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:34 am

V1n5anity wrote:Dude is just a beast. What a force this guy was tonight.

Also, I love the way he handles double/triple teams compared to Bynum. He reads the D and makes quick passes to the open man. Bynum was almost incapable of that...often running INTO the doubles, not willing to make quick passes (especially if he hadn't touched the ball in a while), panicked and overall just didn't seem to handle pressure well. He was a ball stopper and a complete black hole on offence. There was no flow to the offence whenever he posted up. Dwight plays within the offence and it really shows. The thing I like about Dwight is he finds the open man and makes nice, crisp passes that are often on target. What a difference something like that makes.

Just imagine him in the triangle. Nash, Kobe, Pau, Dwight, all running the triangle. You cant ask for more perfect basketball then that.
TheOp

Postby rockorego on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:08 am

i would not be surprise if dwight doesn't come back after the season because of this bone headed hiring of d'antoni :bang: even dwight said he wanted phil! :man2: :man2:
rockorego

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:11 am

PnR all day and he'll stay
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby frankrj on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:24 am

Hate to say it but now with MD at the helm because Jim & Jerry B, Kupchak agreed MD is best for the job and since Dwight would not fit into the triangle very well.
Now the question next summer is will Dwight respect MD or would he fit better with the Knicks' Woodie, Nets Avery Johnson (D Will, Joe Johnson, Kim K's ex) or Houston's McHale (Lin and Harden) better than D'antoni. Decisions, decisions
frankrj

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:29 am

I think he'll love MDA and D'Antoni will create an unstoppable offensive monster just like Amare but this time with defense.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby GNC on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:38 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:I think he'll love MDA and D'Antoni will create an unstoppable offensive monster just like Amare but this time with defense.

I remember when Amare was damn near unstoppable dropping 40's on Duncan in the playoffs. Hopefully MDA will have a similar impact on Dwight.. which would be nasty!

Quite frankly if there were two people to love this hire you would think it would be Nash and Dwight (although reports say otherwise).
GNC

Postby last stand on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am

GNC wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:I think he'll love MDA and D'Antoni will create an unstoppable offensive monster just like Amare but this time with defense.

I remember when Amare was damn near unstoppable dropping 40's on Duncan in the playoffs. Hopefully MDA will have a similar impact on Dwight.. which would be nasty!

Quite frankly if there were two people to love this hire you would think it would be Nash and Dwight (although reports say otherwise).

What reports

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 am

last stand wrote:
GNC wrote:

What reports

both nash and dwight spoke very highly of phil when asked about the possibility of him being their next coach
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby last stand on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:57 am

Oh those. I thought there were reports of Dwight being unhappy

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:07 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:
last stand wrote:
GNC wrote:

What reports

both nash and dwight spoke very highly of phil when asked about the possibility of him being their next coach

that's not necessarily a condemnation of d'antoni. this move is catered to nash/howard. kobe will be kobe.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:49 pm

I don't understand the idea that Dwight would not do well in the Triangle yet he will do well with 'Antoni's pick n roll. Shaq did amazing in the Triangle, and his range offensively was about as far out as Howard's is, only so many feet from the hoop. How is Dwight going to do well in the pick n roll ala Amare when Dwight can't shoot to save his life? Amare developed a 15 foot jumper after his first microfracture surgery took away his initial ridiculous athleticism and it worked in the pick n roll. You better hope that Dwight is going to be set up for nothing but little layups, flip shots, hook shots and dunks if they run pick n roll with him and Nash, because if you set him up for open 15 footers he won't know what to do with the ball.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:53 pm

i think it's not a stretch to say dwight would excel in either system.
lakersyunowin

Postby khmrP on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:55 pm

the one critcisim I have of howard is being stripped so easily for a big, I'm not gona harp on him for his FT shooting, thats never gona change. But for some so big/physical he sure is easily striped of the ball regardless of who's defending him.
khmrP

Postby XXIV on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:15 pm

khmrP wrote:the one critcisim I have of howard is being stripped so easily for a big, I'm not gona harp on him for his FT shooting, thats never gona change. But for some so big/physical he sure is easily striped of the ball regardless of who's defending him.

If you're talking about last night's game Chuck Hayes does have a knack for stripping the ball, also getting doubled/tripled team doesn't help.
XXIV

Postby Jordan-esque on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 pm

At least he hasn't missed a game, unlike a certain other center out til Dec/Jan. True Iron Man indeed.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby lakersStan24 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Glad to See Dwights Great Progress
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby karacha on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:42 pm

He's playing great basketball while recovering from back surgery. I'm impressed actually. With his scoring, his shot blocking ability, his shooting % etc.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:50 pm

it came out again today, this time saying that the lakers staff and front office believe dwight is still a shell of himself and that he's about 2 months away.

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby XXIV on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:58 pm

I don't think it's fair to put a timetable as to when someone will return to what they were before the injury. It will happen when it does.
XXIV

Postby GNC on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:56 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:
last stand wrote:
GNC wrote:

What reports

that's not necessarily a condemnation of d'antoni. this move is catered to nash/howard. kobe will be kobe.

I should have been more specific. By reports I mean what Jarrod Rudolph said-- the guy who is supposedly close to Dwight.
GNC

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:50 pm

what's with the headband? doesn't look right to me..
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby therealdeal on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:what's with the headband? doesn't look right to me..

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 pm

again?
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:05 pm

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard