D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion (And so it begins...)

Postby easyguy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:27 pm

He makes a lot of those stupid obvious fouls....
easyguy

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:36 pm

The thing I love about Dwight is if he's under the rim and gets the ball by means of rebound or a pass. He QUICKLY explodes, makes a move, and finishes. For years we've been used to watching Bynum's plodding, slow moves under the basket.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby lotus on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Seems like his lower back is tight when he moves around. It'll be great when he's 100% healthy.
lotus

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Gotta forgive the FT woes... he'll be invulnerable if he makes them all. Superman must have his Kryptonite
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Ras Algethi wrote:50% minimum on your fts. Anything less than that is pathetic for a professional player. 7-19? WTF

Anything less than 70% is pathetic for a professional player
wcsoldier81

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Did anyone catch his pre game interview on TWC? I love his game and everything, but he is hilariously unfunny off the court. I was cringing while he was trying to crack jokes. At one point he was singing "I'll be there", and the dude interviewing him was not thrilled.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:01 am

Frank Dux wrote:Did anyone catch his pre game interview on TWC? I love his game and everything, but he is hilariously unfunny off the court. I was cringing while he was trying to crack jokes. At one point he was singing "I'll be there", and the dude interviewing him was not thrilled.

well we'll just have to hope he doesn't quit his day job. :man12:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:02 am

Frank Dux wrote:Did anyone catch his pre game interview on TWC? I love his game and everything, but he is hilariously unfunny off the court. I was cringing while he was trying to crack jokes. At one point he was singing "I'll be there", and the dude interviewing him was not thrilled.

Did you see the post-game interview? It was the same thing, woman asked him a question, he joked his way through it, she was not amused and replied, "ok, but seriously did you notice a difference" or something like that (asked him about the difference tonight with 'Antoni being on the bench). :man10: He didn't even answer, he's like "I don't know, but uh we did play well tonight " and went on to completely change the subject and give the standard post game answers. Then he started singing again like 2 questions later ha ha.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:10 am

Dwight is getting it back more & more each game, he dunked the ball like crazy today, blocked shots all over the place, rebounded like a monster, hope he gets his conditioning back soon & his full athleticism! I seriously believe we are going to see one damn special player.

FTs though :man10:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:12 am

Weezy wrote:

Did you see the post-game interview? It was the same thing, woman asked him a question, he joked his way through it, she was not amused and replied, "ok, but seriously did you notice a difference" or something like that (asked him about the difference tonight with 'Antoni being on the bench). :man10: He didn't even answer, he's like "I don't know, but uh we did play well tonight " and went on to completely change the subject and give the standard post game answers. Then he started singing again like 2 questions later ha ha.

I love Dwight, but he has got to stop being so rude & answer some questions with some seriousness at least...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:44 am

Yeah pretty soon he'll get the "big head" like Bynum and think he's really good :man1: And start parking in handicapped spots. And bowling. Lord, glad he's not our problem with those knees this year. Could you imagine what CL would be doing about now?
LTLakerFan

Postby OX1947 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:52 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
Weezy wrote:

I love Dwight, but he has got to stop being so rude & answer some questions with some seriousness at least...

She was bating him. And if a reporter is trying to bate you into saying something that some ahole editor will blow out on the front cover of a newspaper, you treat that lady or guy like a slap, the way Dwight did. That stupid (bleep) knows the answer to the question but wants to hear it from Dwight. Well, Dwight responded nicely the first time and she still came back and then he ignored it. Good. Of course the game game was better then when Mike Brown was there, the hell do you think they are 5-1 since he has been gone and should have gone 6-0 not for a damn nobody making a game winner when he will never do it again.
OX1947

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:15 am

Dwight was terrific again today aside from obviously the free throw shooting. We know that was gonna be an issue going in though, but he more than makes up for it with great defense, rebounding, and a dominant low post game.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby KB24 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:32 am

Ras Algethi wrote:50% minimum on your fts. Anything less than that is pathetic for a professional player. 7-19? WTF

agreed. But the fact that he gets to the line a gazillion times helps. If he was a 70% shooter, he would also probably be fouled a lot less.

Anyways, agreed. 7-19 is unacceptable on any account.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:33 am

Gotta say, I love how he always gives a lot of effort in every game (nothing is "kinda easy") and I love not having to be afraid every time our starting center jumps.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:26 am

I'm so glad D'Antoni left Dwight in. I definitely wanted Howard to stay in the game.

The Hack-A-Shaq/Howard rarely ever works. Particularly if you get stops on the other end.

It just ends up putting the other team over the foul limit and that benefits us down the stretch.

You saw Gasol get two free throws off a loose ball foul in the 4th quarter simply because Brooklyn went to that hacking strategy and put themselves in foul trouble as a team. This game basically came down to one possession, so that was huge.

Dwight's just gotta hit them and we've just gotta bear with it. Dwight may not be the best free throw shooter, but I don't think he'll have too many nights when he's THIS bad.

Other than that, he was a beast. I think you can tell he's getting his explosiveness back from the last 3 games or so. Can't wait until he's 100%.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:04 am

And just so you know how rare of a night that was from Dwight at the line . . .

The Los Angeles Lakers survived a back-and-forth final period to post a 95-90 victory over the Brooklyn Nets in a game in which Dwight Howard made only 7 of 19 free throws.

It was the fourth game of Howard's NBA career in which he missed at least a dozen foul shots. His career high is 18 misses from the line. The only other players with as many such games are Wilt Chamberlain (45) and Shaquille O'Neal (20).
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:07 am

oh my...wilt missed 45 in a game. :man3:
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:07 am

LakerFan1235 wrote:oh my...wilt missed 45 in a game. :man3:

No, he had 45 games where he missed a dozen or more free throws.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:43 am

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:46 am

Good to see him throwing down multiple dunks with people all around him. He's getting the spring back in his legs. Earlier in the season it was a layup.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:51 am

I just don't get the Hack a Dwight tactic when they were up 6 points? I can understand if they were down and desperate but not when they already had the lead. Why not just rely on your defense? They are a very good defensive team. Even if e only gets 1 out of 2 that's still a free point basically.
nthydro

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:07 am

Anyone worried about next summer? all though I don't think he would walk away from 120 5 years but I have my worries and concerns
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby karacha on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:13 am

^
No, not really. He is most likely going to stay.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:30 am

karacha wrote:^
No, not really. He is most likely going to stay.

I'd put it at 95% that he stays.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard