D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:57 pm

KB&AB wrote:
checkers09 wrote:ImageImage

Lol. Now DH12 takes Bynum's role. Bynum gets his own Franchise. The roles are reversed. I know DH12 is happy now. Knowing that he has a great chance to get his first ring with us. We know Kobe wants to eat first. DH12 will whine about not getting enough touches.

You severely underestimate Kobe's unselfishness when he actually has talent around him (See Olympics). Kobe's going to be in preserve mode until the offseason. Meanwhile, Nash will be feeding Dwight and Pau for the most easy, efficient buckets we've ever seen. Kobe will be moving off the ball, exerting less energy trying to work for his shots, and all will be good.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah, all I can do is laugh about people thinking Dwight is going to be worried about his touches. Last season he shot almost exactly the same amount as Bynum (13.4 and 13.3 respectively). He'll get the same amount of shots here and he'll be winning a lot more games.

Not to mention, he'll be surrounded by the LA atmosphere keeping him happy in other ways. Things will be fine in this Los Angeles Lakers locker room.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:19 pm

dwight will get all the touches that he'll need and more from offensive boards. with nash kobe should play of ball and catch and shoot and thus play more efficiently so he'll put up the points with less shots. once everyone starts meshing and the system is flowing all will be well.

nash will be able to do what he does. dwight will get his touches and more from boarding. kobe will get his from nash in his "sweet spots" and shoot at a higher %. pau will get those mid range he likes and also some layups/dunks from pnr with nash. metta will get all the open 3 pointers he can wish for so he can focus on defense. theoretically it should work and dwight should be happy along with kobe and co.
Ariza3

Postby Balance&Options24 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Arash Markazi:Dwight Howard checked out the Lakers' locker room at Staples Center before last night's VMAs.about 10 minutes ago

Arash Markazi:I'm guessing Dwight will take the corner locker formerlly occupied by Shaq and then Bynum.about 10 minutes ago

1 month till the 1st pre-season, hurry up.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:32 pm

dude is in love with the lakers. no way hes going anywhere for a loooong time.
Ariza3

Postby davriver290 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Season is coming up! Its getting exciting! I still can't picture Nash and Howard in our starting lineup!!
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Nash finds Howard with a sweet behind the back pass...Superman tears down the rim.

BOOM. That's a 12.0 on the Howard scale.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:29 pm

In four games against Miami last season, Howard averaged nearly 20 points and a whopping 19 rebounds per game, twice recording 24 rebounds or more.

Heat are going down :jam2:
Ariza3

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:52 am

See, Dwight is already having a good time in LA....... and laughing :man10: :man10: :man10:

http://www.mobypicture.com/user/dwighthoward/view/13735748
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby MadMax on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:26 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:See, Dwight is already having a good time in LA....... and laughing :man10: :man10: :man10:

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
MadMax

Postby BicepKiss on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:06 am

MadMax wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:See, Dwight is already having a good time in LA....... and laughing :man10: :man10: :man10:

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: WOW
Ron Artest: "Mark Cuban just invented nipple enhancement juice"
BicepKiss

Postby JSM on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:39 am

From Mitch's interview with Sam Amick:

SI.com: I'm sure you heard he's been posting on Twitter some pretty positive comments about being with the Lakers. It's the kind of stuff that has your fans feeling like this may be a long-term relationship. Have you gotten any more of a sense from him about whether he's liking the thought of being a Laker past this season, the last season of his contract?

Kupchak: Other than our initial press conference -- that was very hurried -- I have not spent much time with him. I really only know what I hear, and a lot gets back to me from people who bump into him or people that he knows, and certainly reading newspapers or if there's a report from Twitter I hear about it. And it's all been very positive. Our feeling all along has been to just get him here and we're comfortable that after being in Los Angeles for a year, hopefully winning a lot of games, contending for a championship, being exposed to our fan base -- which, quite frankly, goes way beyond Southern California. We go into New York or Charlotte or Utah or Phoenix, and there are always two or three thousand fans there wearing Lakers gear. I just think that he'll feel that this is a special place, that the lifestyle will suit him. It's a big enough town where you can't be the sole celebrity, but there are so many Lakers fans here that you don't lose your celebrity. You can still feel special in a city this big. That's our approach, and a year from now we'll see where we stand.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z25tCLdkea
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:34 am

Cool I'm on camera!
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:04 am

MadMax wrote:

That guy is pretty happy about something. :man10:
Kobe8Fan

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:24 pm

That was actually a great video. I heard the music and I was a little nervous, but it was a really really great video and the music fit nicely.

As great as Shaq was offensively, I mean literally unstoppable. His shot blocking and help defense wasn't the same as Howard's. At least not here in LA. There came a point when he was too fat and although that made him an offensive juggernaut, he wasn't as quick defensively as the lighter Howard.

I think Howard is also the more natural rebounder. Shaq was able to rebound because he was so large around the rim that he just occupied most of the available space that rebounds could go to, but Howard is a hungrier rebounder.

That being said, Shaq is obviously superior. Shaq in his prime couldn't be stopped by anyone in this league. Ever. The stretch from about 1998-2005ish he was the greatest force in basketball maybe ever. Howard's claim to fame in LA will be built off of what he can do here with this team and what kind of team we build around him in the future. I think he has a chance to be a better Laker than Shaq in the end, but he'll have to do some incredible things to get there and it remains to be seen if he can. If he can win a 3 peat here, then come back in a year or two and win a couple more... He's a better Laker than Shaq. But that's a hefty mountain to be sure.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:29 pm

therealdeal wrote:That was actually a great video. I heard the music and I was a little nervous, but it was a really really great video and the music fit nicely.

As great as Shaq was offensively, I mean literally unstoppable. His shot blocking and help defense wasn't the same as Howard's. At least not here in LA. There came a point when he was too fat and although that made him an offensive juggernaut, he wasn't as quick defensively as the lighter Howard.

I think Howard is also the more natural rebounder. Shaq was able to rebound because he was so large around the rim that he just occupied most of the available space that rebounds could go to, but Howard is a hungrier rebounder.

That being said, Shaq is obviously superior. Shaq in his prime couldn't be stopped by anyone in this league. Ever. The stretch from about 1998-2005ish he was the greatest force in basketball maybe ever. Howard's claim to fame in LA will be built off of what he can do here with this team and what kind of team we build around him in the future. I think he has a chance to be a better Laker than Shaq in the end, but he'll have to do some incredible things to get there and it remains to be seen if he can. If he can win a 3 peat here, then come back in a year or two and win a couple more... He's a better Laker than Shaq. But that's a hefty mountain to be sure.

Yeah ever time I see a video that brings up the Howard and Shaq comparisons I always forget that Shaq never won defensive player of the year and Howard already has 3 :man4:
Battle Tested20

Postby nthydro on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:14 pm

therealdeal wrote:That was actually a great video. I heard the music and I was a little nervous, but it was a really really great video and the music fit nicely.

There's that saying "man among boys" and in Shaq's case, it couldn't be anymore true. Even though it's funny to think of 7 foot 250lbs guys as "boys" but Shaq was routinely throwing them around like ragdolls. People always think of Shaq as a fat guy who uses his fat butt to move everyone out of the way (which is true) but they fail to realize what a physically specimen this guy was. He's probably pound for pound the most athletic player in NBA history.
nthydro

Postby therealdeal on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:29 pm

It's definitely possible. At his size and how mobile he was? Just shocking. If he were just a little more dedicated to his fitness, he'd probably go down as the best Center of all time.

That's why I always compare him and LeBron as physical specimens that have come into the league. Just really shocking.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:52 pm

What an incredible video. The timing was impeccable.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby OX1947 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:

Yeah ever time I see a video that brings up the Howard and Shaq comparisons I always forget that Shaq never won defensive player of the year and Howard already has 3 :man4:

In 2000, he came in second to Zo. Unfortunate because he was 2nd in rebounding and 3rd in blocks while leading the league in scoring. Had he won DOPY it would have been the greatest single season in NBA history in my eyes. He swept all the MVP's, led the league in scoring, won a title, pretty amazing season.
OX1947

Postby Tragic on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Nice video :jam2:
Tragic

Postby Phat$haq on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:07 am

LMAO! but wait, something looked familiar, I used to live on that street (Doheny) right across from that laundry. Small world.
Basketball is my religion. Staples Center is my temple. Kobe Bryant is my leader. Laker fans are my brothers.
Phat$haq

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:30 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:

Wow like others have said a really well done video. Tight with the edits. Remember a couple years ago the NBA wasn't going to allow any more of their footage to be used on You Tube? Fortunately they rethought what would have been a stupid decision. These types of clips keep everyone fired up about their league. But while I'm there....suck it Darth!! :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:34 am

^tell that to my last 4 accounts that were banned :man6:
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard