Dwight Howard interview on Sports Center 3PM PST

Re: Dwight Howard interview on Sports Center 3PM PST

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:12 am

They're all doing these interviews Jones and it hit me in the Pau thread: the media sees us coming back and they don't want it. They don't want to lose their story of "the Lakers suck" because it sells a whole hell of a lot better than "the Lakers are winning again!".

No, I'm not defending Howard, but he just answered questions that were asked. Same reasoning a lot of guys are giving Pau for saying the things he's saying. And let's be honest, he didn't say a single thing he hasn't said before (part of the reason I'm not exactly sure why some people think they can draw any conclusions from it).

What's important is that they are speaking their mind, something Kobe has been trying to get them to do all season. And also they need to come together and THEY ARE. There's only a few things standing in their way and one of them is dishonesty. Another is this negative media attention. They've just got to continue growing as a team.

If I were Dwight I'd look at this, I'd look at that Clark interview, I'd look at that Gasol piece and even that Kobe piece by Simers and I'd get ticked off. Why are they are all coming around now looking for interviews about negative things that happeend months ago?

Why aren't they asking
"what's it feel like to start winning again?"
"Do you guys think you're onto something here with Kobe distributing?"

Instead we're getting questions about things that have been set aside for the betterment of the team. I'm pretty ticked off with this crap. I hope the Lakers see through it.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 am

^^ I can't tell you how much I agree with you realdeal. Except I do!!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:16 am

:jam2: :man10: :bow:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:17 am

"The team is winning now and trying to make the playoffs" just doesn't have that same excitement to it as "Pau is disgruntled, Howard might leave . . ."
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:21 am

Lakerjones wrote:"The team is winning now and trying to make the playoffs" just doesn't have that same excitement to it as "Pau is disgruntled, Howard might leave . . ."

Exactly.

And the one question Smith asked about expectations he tried to give Howard a ton of s*** for giving a good answer.

The Lakers struggling after making the league p*** their pants this summer is one of the best storylines for ESPN. They love it.

Us winning? Eh... Been there done that story. :man9:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:06 am

I really believe the "business" of the NBA does not want this Lakers team to succeed. The Lakers have always been in the mix, they always make the big trade to stay in the mix and they always are a prime ticket. The league wants to show parody and the Lakers having picked up CP3 (nixed) then followed it by snatching Howard have once again outwitted the league office.

Is it funny that there are no "look how few times the Lakers stars have actually played together" reports? Notice how all the questions are surrounding, "are you happy Kobe is finally passing the ball to you?" No one wants the Lakers to figure it out because realistically they buck the system and reenforce the idea of the Rich get Richer.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 am

As much as I'd sleep better at night (or worse) if I believed that, the NBA gets richer when the Lakers get richer. Especially when we have Kobe. And Dwight.

That being said, the media's job is to stir the pot. Warmonger. This is what they do especially to the Lakers. It also has to do with us having Kobe. Dude is polarizing, and people are waiting for more tidbits to separate the haters from the lovers.

Also, as much as it doesn't make sense to trade Dwight at this point, we set ourselves up to lose big. If he indeed does walk. He is NEVER going to say "I don't want to sign an extension". Never. Ever. Ever. So we have to run the course and take the risk. To me, if there's any indication that he's walking (which won't be "trade me" or "won't sign"), then we have to at LEAST look into offers.
Chillbongo

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion