Dwight Howard interview on Sports Center 3PM PST

Dwight Howard interview on Sports Center 3PM PST

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Stephen A Smith will interview Dwight Howard on SportsCenter 3 PM PST

this should be interesting
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Re: Dwight Howard interview on Sports Center 3PM PST

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Grill
Chillbongo

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:23 pm

^^ BBQ?
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Well, the super bowl did just happen :man1:. Haha in all seriousness I forsee some tough questions from SAS.
Chillbongo

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Well, the super bowl did just happen :man1:. Haha in all seriousness I forsee some tough questions from SAS.

For every stupid question Stephen A Smith has...

Dwight should answer with a fart
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby sharko on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:46 pm

How many times will SAS raise his voice and proclaim something absurd?
sharko

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Dwight flat admitted that he got upset several times with Kobe taking a lot of shots (like those games where he shot 30 plus times) and that he wanted more touches and let the frustration affect his focus and energy.

The more I think about it, I am almost sure that Nash and Dwight (and Gasol) very directly asked Kobe to limit his shots and pass more -- and I think they were rather insistent upon it.

Dwight was very very careful not to say anything bad about Kobe, but he clearly was frustrated with the shots kobe was taking and Dwight's own lack of touches.

i really don't read in his body languat that he will be a laker next year.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby abeer3 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:12 pm

if he's honestly that interested in his touches when he's producing like he has been, i'm not sure resigning him is a good idea, anyway.

need to have some self-awareness. lack thereof already sent his predecessor (shaq) out of town, for similar reasons (irrational ideas about touches).
abeer3

Postby last stand on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:26 pm

It's not 3 PST so I'm confused. Did the interview happen?
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:29 pm

last stand wrote:It's not 3 PST so I'm confused. Did the interview happen?

no the interview will happen in about 31 minutes. Thanks for the heads up OP
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby revgen on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:44 pm

D12 and Clark both share the same agent. So I'm curious why they're both doing interviews.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:47 pm

revgen wrote:D12 and Clark both share the same agent. So I'm curious why they're both doing interviews.

They are obviously taking their talents to South Beach, but since they are doing it in a way to raise money for The Boys and Girls Club, we shouldn't judge them too harshly.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby revgen on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
revgen wrote:D12 and Clark both share the same agent. So I'm curious why they're both doing interviews.

They are obviously taking their talents to South Beach, but since they are doing it in a way to raise money for The Boys and Girls Club, we shouldn't judge them too harshly.

I always knew those Boys and Girls Club's were shady.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:06 pm

They showed part of it hours ago.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby sharko on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:21 pm

As frustrating as this year has been Dwight raised a good point, when Shaq came to L.A. it took the Lakers 4 years to win a title. Yes the teams had a better record but I sure as hell still remember a rookie Kobe chucking up 4 airballs in a row against the Jazz in the playoffs.
sharko

Postby revgen on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:23 pm

sharko wrote:As frustrating as this year has been Dwight raised a good point, when Shaq came to L.A. it took the Lakers 4 years to win a title. Yes the teams had a better record but I sure as hell still remember a rookie Kobe chucking up 4 airballs in a row against the Jazz in the playoffs.

Yes, and the reason they finally won was when they fired the coach and hired Phil.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Kingsama on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:29 pm

has it aired yet? and if so anyone got a summary?
Kingsama

Postby DanielBeltz24 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:29 pm

The shaq-kobe team didn't have a small window like the kobe-dwight have right now.
DanielBeltz24

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:46 pm

ESPN totally milking it. Even though the main signal callers at ESPN hate Kobe and the Lakers, they know the Lakers sell. They are holding the interview until the last 10 minutes of the hour, despites showing it as the largest and main listing on the left side of the screen.

Forcing me to watch all the Ravens love festing. i am beyond upset. didn't sleep last night. such a die-hard 9er fan. The 9ers should have won that game. Bad play calling. And those non-calls - TWO blatant holding calls on that 4th down (the one on Walker was even worse, and those calls must be made, whether ball is thrown that way or not). I will NEVER get over them not scoring on 1st and 6 to win the game. NEVER...
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Kingsama wrote:anyone got a summary?
Chillbongo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:48 pm

recap
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:01 pm

He talked about how he got frustrated with Kobe early in the season for shooting too much.

He talked about how shot attempts is kind of out of his control and that he needs to focus on contributing with or without shot attempts.

Talked about how he doesn't have any control over the pace really, but that he can't let that change him.

He talked about how he doesn't want to talk about his future and let that affect this season.

He talked about how the expectations are still to get into the playoffs and win a championship.

He said he doesn't want to be remembered as a crybaby who forced himself out of Orlando and tried to bring that franchise down.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:03 pm

therealdeal wrote:He talked about how he got frustrated with Kobe early in the season for shooting too much.

He talked about how shot attempts is kind of out of his control and that he needs to focus on contributing with or without shot attempts.

Talked about how he doesn't have any control over the pace really, but that he can't let that change him.

He talked about how he doesn't want to talk about his future and let that affect this season.

He talked about how the expectations are still to get into the playoffs and win a championship.

He said he doesn't want to be remembered as a crybaby who forced himself out of Orlando and tried to bring that franchise down.

Hm so nothing new there ...
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:06 pm

^^^ Puff, recap:

1. I don't like how people villianize me (or call me a "crybaby") for leaving Orlando or holding that franchise hostage or trying to hurt that franchise or its fan. "I helped build that team for 8 years and gave it all I had. I would never want to cause damage to it or the fans." [But he didn't deny wanting a trade out of there]

2. Playing with Kobe is not easy. He does shoot a lot. And it did bother Dwight. But they are all trying to win...blah blah blah

3. His goals this year -- make the playoffs and win the championship. SAS actually chuckled when Dwight said it, like "you know that ship has sailed right?" SAS said, despite struggles and standings, "that is still your goal, to win a championship this year"? Dwight said yes. He still believes.

4. SAS - "You know you are the future for the Lakers, right? Without you, this franchise may have no direction and real problems (sum or substance)" Dwight -- "I know what the Lakers want. My focus is on this year. Blah Blah Blah" Dwight would not say he intended to come back next year. And said "I don't want the circus again, so won't answer those questions....(sum or substance). [But of course, to avoid the circus, all he has to do is commit to LA for the future. But he won't]

5. SAS - "MDA is about shooting first, second, and third, and pace, and not post ups or using big men, how does that sit with you"? Dwight -- "I can't control that, but can still focus and contribute." [not a ringing endorsement for MDA at all - was a CLEAR duck and dodge to avoid saying that MDA is not the coach for him. Hope Mitch and Jim pay attention. Better yet, hope they flat out ask Nash and Dwight about MDA going fwd, if they don't win it all this year]

In short -- he was saying "I don't get why people hate me or blame me for anything. I am playing hard. Always did. Loved Orlando. Want to win this year. playing with Kobe ticked me off at times, but we are past it and have the same goals and mutual respect. My options for the future remain open...."
Last edited by tigerjeterkobe on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Yeah what they showed on Sportscenter was pretty lame. No new info.

It was hard drawing any kind of conclusions from him as far as how he actually feels. He hasn't changed a whole lot of what he's saying in terms of staying.

I'd suspect that he's more wary than he was before, but not really changed all that much.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion