^^^ Puff, recap:
1. I don't like how people villianize me (or call me a "crybaby") for leaving Orlando or holding that franchise hostage or trying to hurt that franchise or its fan. "I helped build that team for 8 years and gave it all I had. I would never want to cause damage to it or the fans." [But he didn't deny wanting a trade out of there]
2. Playing with Kobe is not easy. He does shoot a lot. And it did bother Dwight. But they are all trying to win...blah blah blah
3. His goals this year -- make the playoffs and win the championship. SAS actually chuckled when Dwight said it, like "you know that ship has sailed right?" SAS said, despite struggles and standings, "that is still your goal, to win a championship this year"? Dwight said yes. He still believes.
4. SAS - "You know you are the future for the Lakers, right? Without you, this franchise may have no direction and real problems (sum or substance)" Dwight -- "I know what the Lakers want. My focus is on this year. Blah Blah Blah" Dwight would not say he intended to come back next year. And said "I don't want the circus again, so won't answer those questions....(sum or substance). [But of course, to avoid the circus, all he has to do is commit to LA for the future. But he won't]
5. SAS - "MDA is about shooting first, second, and third, and pace, and not post ups or using big men, how does that sit with you"? Dwight -- "I can't control that, but can still focus and contribute." [not a ringing endorsement for MDA at all - was a CLEAR duck and dodge to avoid saying that MDA is not the coach for him. Hope Mitch and Jim pay attention. Better yet, hope they flat out ask Nash and Dwight about MDA going fwd, if they don't win it all this year]
In short -- he was saying "I don't get why people hate me or blame me for anything. I am playing hard. Always did. Loved Orlando. Want to win this year. playing with Kobe ticked me off at times, but we are past it and have the same goals and mutual respect. My options for the future remain open...."
Last edited by tigerjeterkobe
on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.