Dwight wants Kobe Bryant to "Chill"

Re: Dwight wants Kobe Bryant to "Chill"

Postby ElginTheGreat on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Juronimo wrote:I don't see anything wrong with what Dwight said.
ElginTheGreat

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:20 pm

ElginTheGreat wrote:

Me either. In fact, the thread title (or author of the article rather) is misleading. A lot of posters have even pointed out how detrimental it is when Kobe or any Laker complains to the officials mid play.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 pm

ElginTheGreat wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby solenstyle on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:16 pm

ElginTheGreat wrote:

solenstyle

Postby lakersStan24 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:54 am

What Dwight Said is True I Don't know why people have a problem with it
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby JTM-Lakers on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:19 am

Kobe Bryant: 16 seasons, 5 championships.
Dwight Howard: 5 games.

I can't see how / or why / a 5-games guy can advice a 16-season force what to do on court.
Our 3 best seasons. [1971-1972] 69-13 (.841) / 12-3 (.800). Goodrich, West, Chamberlain, McMillian, Hairston. [1999-2000] 67-15 (.817) / 15-8 (.652). Green, Kobe, Shaq, Harper, Rice. [2008-2009] 65-17 (.793) / 16-7 (.696). Fisher, Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Walton.
JTM-Lakers

Postby Thenextgreat on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 am

^^Me either..I found it strange...Dwight speaks alot like he is the leader of the team..I hope we don't have this whole alpha male nonsense again...smh.
Thenextgreat

Postby trodgers on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:53 am

lakersStan24 wrote:What Dwight Said is True I Don't know why people have a problem with it

"Do I look fat in these clothes?"
"Is this a bad haircut?"

Now do you see?
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:57 am

I prefer Kobe " agressive" type of leadership over D12 " everything is fine and we're all happy whether we win or lose" style ... Nash may be the most appropriate player to counter balance Mamba leadership ala Fisher

D12 seem to fit more the role LO had in the locker room ... a nice and funny guy to have around to ease up the atmosphere in the locker room
wcsoldier81

Postby Psychobroker on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 am

JTM-Lakers wrote:Kobe Bryant: 16 seasons, 5 championships.
Dwight Howard: 5 games.

I can't see how / or why / a 5-games guy can advice a 16-season force what to do on court.

So a guy needs to have 5 rings and have played 16 seasons before he can suggest patience and that the team leaders lead by example? :bang:

I'm with Dwight on this one.

And trying to make him look like a rook is laughable.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:58 am

Dwight is an all-star and a defensive player of the year who is one of the top players in the world. He can state his opinion. If he wants to stay in LA, he will have to learn how to be a leader. He is not Kobe, so don't expect him to always agree with Kobe. Gasol does the same thing from time to time and that's OK. Fish also had his way of leading the team, so did Shaq.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:06 am

trodgers wrote:
lakersStan24 wrote:What Dwight Said is True I Don't know why people have a problem with it

"Do I look fat in these clothes?"
"Is this a bad haircut?"

Now do you see?

lol, exactly. the media set the trap, and howard took the bait. you say nothing, and more importantly, if you know kobe, you say even less.

as far as his comments go, he's right. both he and kobe let their body language tell a bad story in the utah game, and guys certainly see that. i know i noticed as a fan. there was a point where kobe's shoulders said "this one's over". if i saw it, everyone on that bench saw it. howard and kobe both whined to officials instead of getting back on d several times, too. how are you going to tell guys like ebanks to keep their head in the game when they see that business when you're trying to get out of a losing streak.

appropriate comments, wrong time, wrong forum.
abeer3

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:07 am

abeer3 wrote:both he and kobe let their body language tell a bad story in the utah game, and guys certainly see that. i know i noticed as a fan. there was a point where kobe's shoulders said "this one's over". if i saw it, everyone on that bench saw it. howard and kobe both whined to officials instead of getting back on d several times, too. how are you going to tell guys like ebanks to keep their head in the game when they see that business when you're trying to get out of a losing streak.

appropriate comments, wrong time, wrong forum.

This.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jordan-esque on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:09 am

Lakers fans really need to chill.

Kurt Helin the author is simply baiting, and has a LOT of over emotional Lakers fans taking the bait just by reading the title. Check out his other Lakers articles' titles for the same result.

If you actually READ the article and it's context, Dwight doesn't tell Kobe to "chill", he just says "WE" should try to not show our frustrations out in public.

It's funny how some Lakers fans are making this into a Kobe vs Dwight thing, when it is a NON-ISSUE, especially the Kobe lovers vs Bynum lovers.

This has gotten to the point where baited, way over emotional Lakers fans are now going on Twitter and telling Dwight to chill. It's dumb, ridiculous, and goodbye Dwight next year!

One word: Dumb.

:bang:
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Asking Kobe to change what he's been for 16 seasons that has brought him so much success 5 games into his tenure as a Laker has me a little worried about Dwight's future here.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 pm

lakersin4 wrote:Asking Kobe to change what he's been for 16 seasons that has brought him so much success 5 games into his tenure as a Laker has me a little worried about Dwight's future here.

Oh geez... it's fine!

Dwight isn't asking Kobe to change anything!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby DMK on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:38 pm

vtandon wrote:Image

^^^Kobe Bryant summed up in a small, soundless clip.

Kobe sitting next to one of the funniest persons to ever live, during a championship game.... and nothing but Focus. IF dwight had that.... he would probably have a ring by now. Shaq liked to joke alot, but when it mattered.... he wasn't just good, he was overbearingly dominant.....on purpose.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion