Dynasty or Luck?

Dynasty or Luck?

Postby clublakers on Sun May 04, 2003 8:04 am

Yet another writer begging for attention. Fire off if you are so inclined... (from today's Daily):

"Laker Title Run Will Soon End: On closer inspection, perhaps this isn't such a dynasty. There's no way the Lakers should have won the NBA title in 2000, not with Portland holding a 15-point fourth-quarter lead in Game 7 of the conference finals. Even Phil Jackson knows that. There's no way the Lakers should have won their third consecutive title in 2002, not with that ridiculous Robert Horry three-pointer in Game 4 of the conference finals and some curious officiating in Game 6. Rick Adelman knows that. Is it greatness or luck? Do teams lose because of the Lakers' transcendence or their own ineptitude? If it keeps happening, it must be excellence. But this Laker team that eliminated the Minnesota Timberwolves in six games?"

source: http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-views4may04,1,7413943.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dsports%2Dnba%2Dlakers
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Sun May 04, 2003 8:47 am

Somebody mentioned this before in another thread, but notice how the writer never mentioned the 2001 season where they sweeped all of these so-called power house teams in the west. The article is a product of complete bias and selective memory.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun May 04, 2003 8:49 am

Luck is involved, for instance, I hate it when people refer to Horry's 3 as a lucky shot, it was a lucky play, not a lucky shot.

Bottom line is, the ball has bounced the way of the Lakers for the past 3 years, how much more will it continue to roll their way?
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Reddy on Sun May 04, 2003 10:25 am

Anonymous wrote:Somebody mentioned this before in another thread, but notice how the writer never mentioned the 2001 season where they sweeped all of these so-called power house teams in the west. The article is a product of complete bias and selective memory.

yepp
heres the thread

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=241 :man11:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun May 04, 2003 10:30 am

Oh yea, another thing, "LUCK" won't get you 3 rings, and well on your way to four...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby mellow yellow on Sun May 04, 2003 12:33 pm

Every championship team in every sport has luck go their way at one time or another in their championship run.

Once may be luck, twice may be coincidence, but three times? Great teams of talent, skill, and knowledge push the balance of luck in their favor, and that's what the Lakers do. The ability and resolve to persevere through a 15 point deficit...the poise to hit the big shots...the size, strength, and determination to take it to the heart of a defense.

This is a dynasty, one of the greatest ever, and will be for years to come.
mellow yellow

Postby Reddy on Sun May 04, 2003 12:35 pm

mellow yellow wrote:Every championship team in every sport has luck go their way at one time or another in their championship run.

Once may be luck, twice may be coincidence, but three times? Great teams of talent, skill, and knowledge push the balance of luck in their favor, and that's what the Lakers do. The ability and resolve to persevere through a 15 point deficit...the poise to hit the big shots...the size, strength, and determination to take it to the heart of a defense.

This is a dynasty, one of the greatest ever, and will be for years to come.

yeapp! :bow:
you spoke my mind! :man10: :bow:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 04, 2003 1:33 pm

I GUESS IT WAS LUCK WHEN PORTLAND MISSED MOST OF THEIR SHOTS IN 2000 WCF TO LOSE A 15 POINT LEAD.

I GUESS IT WAS LUCK THAT THE QUEENS LOST THAT BIG LEAD IN GAME 4, WHEN HORRY MADE THAT SHOT.

I GUESS IT WAS LUCK THAT THE QUEENS MISSED ALL THEIR FREE THROWS IN GAME 7, THAT COST THEM THE GAME.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!

LUCK DOES NOT SIMPLY HAPPEN ON CHANCE. LUCK IS A RESULT OF HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION.

CALLING THE LAKERS LUCKY IS ANOTHER LAKER HATER COMMENT.
THATS WHAT I THINK.
Last edited by Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 04, 2003 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 04, 2003 1:58 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:I GUESS IT WAS LUCK WHEN PORTLAND MISSED MOST OF THEIR SHOTS IN 2000 WCF TO LOSE A 15 POINT LEAD.

I GUESS IT WAS LUCK THAT THE QUEENS LOST THAT BIG LEAD IN GAME 4, WHEN HORRY MADE THAT SHOT.

I GUESS IT WAS LUCK THAT THE QUEENS MISSED ALL THEIR FREE THROWS IN GAME 7, THAT COST THEM THE GAME.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!

LUCK DOES NOT SIMPLY HAPPEN ON CHANCE. LUCK IS A RESULT OF HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION.

CALLING THE LAKERS LUCKY IS ANOTHER LAKERS HATER COMMENT.
THATS WHAT I THIMK.

Thank you!! Why do writers always refer to the Lakers as being a "lucky team!!" They dont even comment about our it was "luck" that all the lost opportunities their oppenents lost!! Wussup wit that?? Gimme a break!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun May 04, 2003 2:05 pm

Like I said in my new article, "count the rings baby"
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakerqueen on Sun May 04, 2003 5:48 pm

Just one more example of someone who is jealous of the Lakers. As I have said before, if the Lakers didn't deserve to win, then how could a team that lost to them deserve it anymore? You might get "lucky" with winning one championship... but it's not going to happen three years in a row, possibly going on four. Heck, you could come up with a ton of reasons why the Lakers didn't win the championship sooner. Like the Queens would have never had a chance to get to game 7 with the Lakers if Kobe hadn't been food poisoned. And regardless of what people want to say about the officiating in Game 6 or 7, the officiating was bad both ways - no one is ever going to be happy. If you want to harp on officiating problems, then let's look at the fact that after the first 4 or 5 games, the Queens had take over 20 more free throws then the Lakers. Now, that sounds a little interesting. But we'll let people say what they want... it doesn't change that the Lakers have 3 rings.
Lakerqueen

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 04, 2003 9:18 pm

Nice point LQueen about the free throw disparity in the first 4 to 5 games of that series. Great call!!!!

All the crybabies (Queen fans) do is whine like their loser team. The biggest whiner of them all is their coach, along with the Bafoons, oh I'm sorry, the Baloofs, damn, I meant Maloofs!!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Reddy on Sun May 04, 2003 9:28 pm

TALK BOUT WHINING ! THATS DAH QUEENS SPECIALITY!!!!!! :man1:

AND OF COURSE HTE HOWL OF WEBBAH
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 04, 2003 9:32 pm

LOL!! Where do u get these pictures from!!! LMAO
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Sun May 04, 2003 9:35 pm

INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Luck

Postby Guest on Mon May 05, 2003 6:06 am

Great site Reddy. Thanks.

As for the "luck" crap people are talking, it just shows a lack of class. I guess Magic and Kareem were "lucky" to win 5 titles in the 80s. I guess Jordan was "lucky" to win 6.

All this Laker Hating just makes the winning that much better.

Once again, it'll be a great rivarly if the Queens ever win a series against us.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon May 05, 2003 6:36 am

Also, we do have something no other team has, we do have Zen :man1:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Re: Luck

Postby Reddy on Mon May 05, 2003 1:54 pm

kobegotskillz wrote:Great site Reddy. Thanks.

As for the "luck" crap people are talking, it just shows a lack of class. I guess Magic and Kareem were "lucky" to win 5 titles in the 80s. I guess Jordan was "lucky" to win 6.

All this Laker Hating just makes the winning that much better.

Once again, it'll be a great rivarly if the Queens ever win a series against us.

COOL! :man10:

As 4 Zen. LD2k, if he wins this one he will be the ringgiest coach in teh history of sports
WOW EH? :man3:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon May 05, 2003 3:52 pm

Even if "he" doesn't, hell still go down as one of the best coaches ever, he had done a great job, but never forget that he has been aside people like Tex Winter. All of them deserve credit for the rings... Were all blessed to have a staff like this for our Lakers. Something I will never be ungreatful for...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 05, 2003 5:08 pm

What about the Chicago Bulls? I guess they were lucky as well.

They were lucky that the Knicks didn't eliminate them in that 7 game series in the mid 90's. Lucky MJ or Scottie didn't go down with injury. Lucky the refs coddled Jordan. Anyone can appear lucky with the right WORDING. Why is it luck when the Lakers do it, but amazing and a miracle when other teams do it? Why is Robert Horry's 3 in game 4 lucky but MJ's (offensive foul) game winner in utah amazing? Why is the Portland lead lost in game 7 luck but the Utah Jazz leads in both game 6s (in Utah) lost in the '97 and '98 finals skill by Chicago? What determines the difference between luck and skill? What if KJ had made that full court shot instead of getting blocked in the Phoenix Suns finals? What if John Stockton had missed that 3 that beat the Houston Rockets, would they have beaten Chicago? What if Charles Barkley had been healthy for that Bulls Suns finals? What if Paxson had missed that shot, or Kerr? What if the Blazers had drafted MJ? What if Shaq were 5 years older? Luck and or skill is in the eye of the beholder!
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion