Earl Clark Discussion: Cavs sign Clark 2 yrs 9 mil (p. 54)

Re: Earl Clark Discussion: "they call me Easy"

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Th basketball gods really hate us.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:03 pm

karacha wrote:Oh, come on now. I don't remember a Laker team with so many injuries in one season.

It's hard for me to remember any team with so many injuries. There are some, but this is beyond ridiculous.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby DanielBeltz24 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:13 pm

According to mike trudell, x-rays negative. Earl will play tonight :jam2:
DanielBeltz24

Postby borri on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:17 pm

DanielBeltz24 wrote:According to mike trudell, x-rays negative. Earl will play tonight :jam2:

CL collectively let's out a huge SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH of relief!
borri

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Who would've thoughts 2 months ago, that we would hold our collective breath about a possible injury to Earl Clark :man10: But great news :jam2:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:26 pm

I don't have the greatest faith in our medical staff, so I won't let out a sigh of relief yet, but it is good that there was no larger problem found on the X-rays. That said this is the staff that let Pau play til he tore his injury and probably the same staff of the season of ankle sprains a few years back.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Phew...

Hopefully this isn't something that comes back. Pain is a result of SOMETHING. I don't know what, but you don't just have pain for no reason. I'd like to know what's going on there before I feel really relieved.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:32 pm

wait what happened to earl?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Kit on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Do you have a link? Just wanna make sure if it is safe to move him back on the lineup for my fantasy team ahha.
Kit

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:35 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:wait what happened to earl?

He got an MRI on his foot. He's apparently feeling some pain in it. No one knows how much pain exactly, but it was enough to warrant an MRI.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:35 pm

karacha wrote:Oh, come on now. I don't remember a Laker team with so many injuries in one season.

Seriously, I swear the rest of the NBA made a deal with the devil to not let LA dominate for once. :bang: :bang:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:37 pm

therealdeal wrote:

He got an MRI on his foot. He's apparently feeling some pain in it. No one knows how much pain exactly, but it was enough to warrant an MRI.

Damn.. Maybe we will get a report that he walked into the locker room and KICK THE S*** out of Dwight.
puffyusaf#2

Postby John3:16 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:37 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Seriously, I swear the rest of the NBA made a deal with the devil to not let LA dominate for once. :bang: :bang:

John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:38 pm

@Lakers

The X-ray, MRI & CT scan on Earl Clark all came back negative this morning. He has a sore right foot & WILL play tonight vs. PHX.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Damn.. Maybe we will get a report that he walked into the locker room and KICK THE S*** out of Dwight.

:man10:

Well if Dwight walks out tonight with a black eye, we'll know what happened.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kit on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:47 pm

revgen wrote:
@Lakers

The X-ray, MRI & CT scan on Earl Clark all came back negative this morning. He has a sore right foot & WILL play tonight vs. PHX.

Thank you, sir.
Kit

Postby borri on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:52 pm

revgen wrote:
@Lakers

Neg X-rays = no broken bones.
Neg MRI & CT = no muscle, tendon, cartilage tears.
borri

Postby dj vitus on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:10 pm

Well if he's playing on a sore foot, I hope he doesn't end up tearing anything. Happened to Gasol already. :freak2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Yeah, got to limit his minutes until adter the All Star break.

It's probably because he isn't used to running this many minutes.
Chillbongo

Postby scissors on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:12 pm

This is just a thought........

Clark has a sore right foot and everyone is saying we should limit his minutes so he can heal up while Howard has a torn labrum and is coming off a back surgery and we all want him out there giving it all.
scissors

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:15 pm

^No. Dwight is on a max contract. Dwight wants to get his NEXT max contract. Dwight is entitled and doesn't give 100% effort this year. Or even 75%.

Limit his minutes means don't play him 40. Not sit him out indefinitely. Dude has never played a starting role, his body is understandably foreign to the wear and tear. Oh, also he hustles his A$$ off game in and game out, and actually produces on both ends. I think in the last 10 games, he averages better than Howard.

Dwight has started his whole career, is used to the pressure, the minutes, and being relied upon. Oh and we absolutely cannot afford to lose Clark, given our bigs situation. HUGE difference.
Chillbongo

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:28 pm

scissors wrote:This is just a thought........

Clark has a sore right foot and everyone is saying we should limit his minutes so he can heal up while Howard has a torn labrum and is coming off a back surgery and we all want him out there giving it all.

Not the same, we have the reports that Dwight can't hurt the shoulder more by playing through the pain, he's in shape, has always played almost every game every season his whole career, he's a 'star' player. Clark has an unknown injury/pain, and has never been asked to play this much in a season before. The concern is, at least to me, that Clark could get an injury from playing too much and through pain not being used to it, while Dwight has done it his hole career (except the pain part). Dwight is also looking for a max contract, he needs to give his all if you ask me. To be fair though you're right, I don't care about Dwight's future here as much as Clark's, Clark is cheap, especially for the production he gives us, and worth developing. On the other hand I don't really care if Dwight signs somewhere else this offseason, I kinda hope he does in fact.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:44 pm

scissors wrote:This is just a thought........

Yeah, we want Clark in the purple and gold next year that's why! :man1:
JGC

Postby revgen on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:40 pm

11 points in the 1st half. Foot looks fine to me.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 pm

with his offensive explosion I think people ignore a big negative that I've notice, he is horrible at getting around screens, so are most of our players. But Clark does an even weirder thing and takes really WIDE angles when the opponents try to screen him, same result as getting screened IMO because the guys he trying to guard still gets wide open. I notice anytime his man is involved in an inbound play said player is usually open and Clark is late getting there because he runs around the screen. I'm not sure if this is by design by its not a good habit the way he plays screens.
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion