Earl Clark Discussion: Cavs sign Clark 2 yrs 9 mil (p. 54)

Re: Earl Clark Discussion: Second Wind?

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:35 am

About the Lakers' playoff push: "I don't want to go home. I want to make it to the playoffs. I don't want to be on the Laker team that didn't make it to the playoffs. I don't want to be remembered that way. So I'm just coming out and giving it my all. I feel like my body got a little bit of rest with Pau coming back."

Earl gonna lead us to the playoffs. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby pound4pound1 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:39 am

no gif of that block?

i spilled my beer on that play...true story
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby gcclaker on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:46 am

pound4pound1 wrote:no gif of that block?

I am horrified about the beer spillage... :man4:
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:49 am

Doc Brown wrote:
About the Lakers' playoff push: "I don't want to go home. I want to make it to the playoffs. I don't want to be on the Laker team that didn't make it to the playoffs. I don't want to be remembered that way. So I'm just coming out and giving it my all. I feel like my body got a little bit of rest with Pau coming back."

I love Earl and his attitude. The guy rules. :bow:

I'm glad to see him coming back strong these past several games now that he got a break in his minutes with Gasol's return.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:59 am

gcclaker wrote:

It depends on the beer. Natty Light was made to be spilled.
borri

Postby denimPortugal on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Our unlikely hero!!! :jam2: :jam2:
denimPortugal

Postby pound4pound1 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:11 pm

gcclaker wrote:

even as my tall can poured it's life away on my buddy's carpet, it didn't deter my extra-long 'daaaaaaaaaaaamn' for that play

usually a beer spill stops everything im doing...then followed by a reflective sadness...

not last night...threw a towel over my beer's remains and cracked open another one...and waited for a replay
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby last stand on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:45 pm

my favorite part about earl, is he's truly the first role player since ariza that actually understands what he is, understands his place, and in turn plays his role and focuses on it, he goes 100% all the time.

he's not shannon brown, jordan farmar, ron artest(though he was an elite player at one point so i can forgive him for this a little) who think they are on kobe and the other stars level

reason i didn't put lamar here is because he did the opposite. he put himself in a place that was lesser than his talents. somebody with his talents should be a #2 option on a team in his prime. 20 and 10 should be easy.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby nduri on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:24 pm

I haven't read the entire thread, but to me, Earl Clark looks like a young Robert Horry. There are a lot of similarities between the two.
Back at'cha 24-7
nduri

Postby earvinfr on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:36 pm

nduri wrote:I haven't read the entire thread, but to me, Earl Clark looks like a young Robert Horry. There are a lot of similarities between the two.

Let's wait untill he sinks a buzzer beater 3 !!
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby nduri on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:54 pm

earvinfr wrote:
nduri wrote:I haven't read the entire thread, but to me, Earl Clark looks like a young Robert Horry. There are a lot of similarities between the two.

Let's wait untill he sinks a buzzer beater 3 !!

Yeah, that's why I said 'young'.
Back at'cha 24-7
nduri

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Another great effort from Clark. I really appreciated the effort he gave on D. Clark vs. Crawford is a huge mismatch and he did a damn good job of sticking with him.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:06 pm

He struggled with his shot today. However, he provides the hustling, athleticism, and youth we need on this team. Good job, Earl. A bright-spot in a deeply disappointing season.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:19 am

JSM wrote:Another great effort from Clark. I really appreciated the effort he gave on D. Clark vs. Crawford is a huge mismatch and he did a damn good job of sticking with him.

What I saw from him was sound defensive fundamentals, which is something he hasn't really displayed much of this season. His defense usually comes off of hard work and athleticism.

It was interesting to watch for sure.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:22 am

He got burned early, then stuck on Crawford like a hawk. Love how he continually puts in the effort.

Wish Jordan Hill was back too, bash brothers.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:31 am

therealdeal wrote:
JSM wrote:Another great effort from Clark. I really appreciated the effort he gave on D. Clark vs. Crawford is a huge mismatch and he did a damn good job of sticking with him.

What I saw from him was sound defensive fundamentals, which is something he hasn't really displayed much of this season. His defense usually comes off of hard work and athleticism.

I want to know what Kobe said to him after the 1st time Clark got put on Crawford. He blew by him the first time and Clark had to foul him. Kobe said something to him and after that play, and after that Clark literally was with him step for step from that point on.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:37 am

Doc Brown wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

I want to know what Kobe said to him after the 1st time Clark got put on Crawford. He blew by him the first time and Clark had to foul him. Kobe said something to him and after that play, and after that Clark literally was with him step for step from that point on.

Clark almost blocked 2-3 of his jumpshots and mishandled the ball a few times as well because of Clark's hands and his pressure. It was the one really impressive bit of playing by the Lakers. Well actually Blake made Paul mishandle a couple times too, but the Lakers almost always let them off the hook afterwards, so it was never quite enough.

But definitely Clark's defense was fantastic. I would guess Kobe told Earl that he was tall/long enough to give Crawford just a little bit of space. Earl is athletic enough to challenge most jumpshooters and agile enough to make up space very quickly.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:48 am

Clark was great on D and great on offense in the first half.

My only gripe is him bricking open jumpers in the second half. He must have been gassed from guarding Crawford because I think the last 3-4 jumpers he took were all short off the front rim.
Chillbongo

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:20 am

I've been impressed by Clark all season long in particularly as you posters noted on his defense. I've been watching Louisville all tournament long. I can see why Pitino recruited him. He's long, athletic, and when he gets beat has the length & quickness to recover to contest & and block the shot.

We need at least 2 more players like that on this roster that can get after you defensively. Dwight's a monster on that end when he's engaged. Earl can be really good at times. If you surround this team with a couple of defenders/shooters, I think we're in business. We've seen what Earl can do and the difference he makes when he contributes; this should inspire the FO to go out and acquire more players of this variety.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:34 am

Heck yeah. And consider that he was a discovery for this team. I don't blame MDA for that one, I don't think even Phil would've thought to use Clark if not for injury.

Yeah, I'm torn about whether to start Clark next year or keep him on the bench. I hope he works on his game/conditioning this summer so we can start him. Then we move Pau for a wing. Just like you described, fill out our bench some more.

At this point I'd rather us get play makers than shooters. Shooters don't seem to shoot as well as a Laker. Keep Jamison/Meeks/Hill and fill out with a long, defensive playmaking PG and a long defensive backup SF. And yeah, we're in business.
Chillbongo

Postby charvin on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:01 am

I'm guessing a tendency that Bryant knows about. This is the advantage of being a complete nut watching tape over and over and knowing your scouting reports of what each player likes to do best.

Doc Brown wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

charvin

Postby karacha on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Eh... what's up with Clark now? :man3:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Come on Earl gotta play better

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:38 pm

earl slumpin again
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:42 pm

He was almost non-existent out there.

The deal is that we're running the ball through Kobe, Pau, and Dwight. It makes guys like Clark difficult to predict statistically. As long as we are able to pound the ball inside we don't need guys like Clark to do much (he only took 3 shots). Defensively though and on the glass is where he needs to make his bread. He didn't do much of either today.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion