Earl Clark Discussion: Cavs sign Clark 2 yrs 9 mil (p. 54)

Re: Earl Clark Discussion: Fading...

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 pm

I haven't seen someone block Dirk that much since the refs in the 06' Finals.

Bazinga. :man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Re: Earl Clark Discussion: Fading... RISING!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:49 pm

I knew he wasn't a flash. The kid wasn't doing the things he's used to doing. Tonight he was exactly what he was during his breakout: a catch and shoot player and a hustler.

He simply out worked Dallas on multiple possessions.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Even with his jumpshot not falling, he was always playing hard and trying to be physical. Hitting shots just makes him all the more valuable.

Great game, one of the "heroes" definitely.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby BDG on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:14 am

D'Antoni needs to stop messing with this kid's minutes. He's still a young player -- he's gonna have his ups and downs.

His defense, rebounding and the way he spaces the floor are too valuable to the team for him to only play 10 minutes. Our season turned around when he started getting significant minutes.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby noobiew on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:44 am

BDG wrote:D'Antoni needs to stop messing with this kid's minutes. He's still a young player -- he's gonna have his ups and downs.

His defense, rebounding and the way he spaces the floor are too valuable to the team for him to only play 10 minutes. Our season turned around when he started getting significant minutes.

Yes and definitely, if Clark is healthy D'Antoni needs to give this guy 30 minutes PT every games !
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby borri on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:56 am

Earl won us the game tonight. DAL cuts the lead to 5, all the mo in their favor. This is where we normally break and lose it. Then Earl hits a layup. Then hits a 3. Then dimes Antawn. 7-0 run to make it a 12 pt cushion again, on 3 consecutive plays by Earl.

That was Kobesque!
borri

Postby bltkmt on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 am

I think Louisville being in the Final Four has elevated Earl's energy.
bltkmt

Postby Chopper on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:26 am

at this point, trading an injured Andrew Bynum who wasn't going to resign for Earl Clark was a steal!! :man9:
Chopper

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:34 am

He was the best player on the team last night. What a steal.
lakersin4

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:00 am

borri wrote:Earl won us the game tonight. DAL cuts the lead to 5, all the mo in their favor. This is where we normally break and lose it. Then Earl hits a layup. Then hits a 3. Then dimes Antawn. 7-0 run to make it a 12 pt cushion again, on 3 consecutive plays by Earl.

That was Kobesque!

^^ This. We were right in the middle of yet another 3rd quarter meltdown to a team we couldn't afford to lose to. Earl Clark singlehandedly turned the game around at the point you mentioned. Kobe was also unreal.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:03 am

Lakerjones wrote:
borri wrote:Earl won us the game tonight. DAL cuts the lead to 5, all the mo in their favor. This is where we normally break and lose it. Then Earl hits a layup. Then hits a 3. Then dimes Antawn. 7-0 run to make it a 12 pt cushion again, on 3 consecutive plays by Earl.

That was Kobesque!

^^ This. We were right in the middle of yet another 3rd quarter meltdown to a team we couldn't afford to lose to. Earl Clark singlehandedly turned the game around at the point you mentioned. Kobe was also unreal.

Let's hope Clark is picking up a second wind. Maybe his foot is healing too. D'Antoni apparently mentioned in the pre-game chat with Miller and Albert that Clark hit the wall when he was asked why his minutes were down. Same thing most of us surmised here. Fine time for him last night to have a resurgence.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:06 am

gcclaker wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

That was Kobesque!

Let's hope Clark is picking up a second wind. Maybe his foot is healing too. D'Antoni apparently mentioned in the pre-game chat with Miller and Albert that Clark hit the wall when he was asked why his minutes were down. Same thing most of us surmised here. Fine time for him last night to have a resurgence.

He certainly seemed like he hit the wall. I know some thought that other teams were figuring him out and I'm sure that was some if it, but I was watching Earl just NOT convert on shots he was converting on before. That told me he was tired. He also wasn't hustling after every board and wasn't as effective defensively. That told me he was tired, not figured out.

His minutes were down because he needed them down. Hopefully he has broken through the wall now because with Metta out we need him to step up big time.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:09 am

^^ Agreed realdeal. Didn't look like the wall to me as much as being hurt and tired. D' Antoni really gives me pause sometimes. Now start giving Clark some minutes again. He's earned them.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:40 am

Earl went from bench rider to starting when Pau went down. I don't think he was conditioned enough to play 25-30 minutes straight out. I think it was a combination of fatigue, and he picked up some injuries that made him take a step back, and D'Antoni needed to scale down his minutes because of so.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 am

The important thing is that he came out and most of his production came off of hustle rebounds. He was fighting, he was scrappy, and he played some of the best defense on Dirk that I've ever seen.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:27 am

therealdeal wrote:The important thing is that he came out and most of his production came off of hustle rebounds. He was fighting, he was scrappy, and he played some of the best defense on Dirk that I've ever seen.

Clark had lively legs. Players like him, Gerald Wallace and Iguadala [not that he is on the same level yet with those two...yet] are difficult to game plan for because of their constant motor. Defenses have to account for them in every aspect. They contribute in some fashion not just points but just creating chaos at both ends.

What Clark needs to hone is a one on one ability to score off the dribble not just face ups or catch and shoot jumpers. He's living off feeds from other players that draw defenses. Clark has the tools. His shot form is really smooth with no kinks. I think he and Hill if the latter would just avoid injuries would be a nice frontcourt tandem.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:45 am

I liked watching him take that little pump fake- pull up jumper. It was really smooth and since he's a set shooter, it'll help him adapt to guys flying at him. He doesn't get a whole lot of air on his jump shot, but his release is quicker than it's ever been and that'll help.

I also like the way he drives. I think he's athletic enough to throw down on guys, but most of the time he finds the angle and maneuvers around the pressure. He had that excellent rebound and put back through three Mavs for the and-one.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:54 am

glad to see a semblance of a shot again.....seeing a much more active version today, like his initial rise. We need this version more often.
khmrP

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:01 am

That DEFENSE
Chillbongo

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:13 am

Just like most young players, he plays much better at home than on the road

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:28 am

Was the title of the post supposed to make me think of Simpsons Treehouse of Horror V?
The Laker Link

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:31 am

The Laker Link wrote:Was the title of the post supposed to make me think of Simpsons Treehouse of Horror V?

Thanks for noticing you win the thumbs of up of the day! :kobe1:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:38 am

therealdeal wrote:I liked watching him take that little pump fake- pull up jumper. It was really smooth and since he's a set shooter, it'll help him adapt to guys flying at him. He doesn't get a whole lot of air on his jump shot, but his release is quicker than it's ever been and that'll help.

I also like the way he drives. I think he's athletic enough to throw down on guys, but most of the time he finds the angle and maneuvers around the pressure. He had that excellent rebound and put back through three Mavs for the and-one.

What Earl needs to get a "handle" of is his ball control. If can develop his dribbling skills enough to drive with his head up, he can be another Lamar.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:46 am

lakerfan2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I liked watching him take that little pump fake- pull up jumper. It was really smooth and since he's a set shooter, it'll help him adapt to guys flying at him. He doesn't get a whole lot of air on his jump shot, but his release is quicker than it's ever been and that'll help.

What Earl needs to get a "handle" of is his ball control. If can develop his dribbling skills enough to drive with his head up, he can be another Lamar.

Well I don't know about that. Lamar had great court vision too. I think Earl could be a very solid player though if he could just do a couple more things. As he is he's a great bench piece and a border-line starter. He just has to get his conditioning in the right place.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 am

therealdeal wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:

Well I don't know about that. Lamar had great court vision too. I think Earl could be a very solid player though if he could just do a couple more things. As he is he's a great bench piece and a border-line starter. He just has to get his conditioning in the right place.

I think Earl is an underrated passer. He doesn't throw dimes like Lamar, but he makes the right pass. With improved handles, his head up, his vision would be much improved.

So far, hopin this kid stays.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion