Earl Clark Discussion: Cavs sign Clark 2 yrs 9 mil (p. 54)

Re: Earl Clark Discussion: "they call me Easy"

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:48 pm

"look in the mirror and man up"
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Legendary on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Earl Clark is the only thing that makes these games even remotely worth watching.

And that...is a damn shame.
Legendary

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:00 pm

solid game. 14/14 (6OFF) shooting 60% and drilling a 3 i solid work for a role player. honestly idk why it isnt a lock that he should start. he works very well off ball and seems to be the only one to give a damn about energy and hustle. which him and hill could have played together...since clark can play the 3 or 4 and hill at the 5.

this game should show how productive pau can be on O at the 5 so clark should start and bring pau off the bench and then let him finish the game who cares.

at least his stock is rising very fast and since buss prob wont resign him bc hes an idiot at least clark will get solid money and minutes next season where ever he goes. good for him hes earned it.

just wish dantoni would start him and say man up to pau bc we need defense and energy to start games the right way and he brings it better than anyone on this team outside of hill. those 2 are amazing
Ariza3

Postby charvin on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Earl freakin' Clark. Played within himself, hustle, energy, everything you can ask for...
charvin

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:01 pm

Legendary wrote:Earl Clark is the only thing that makes these games even remotely worth watching.

And that...is a damn shame.

This. How's he a +14 tonight? Crazy.
Armani

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:10 pm

bc he's the only one who played with any sort of effort urgency and heart. a no body who, before recently, has only started 1 game, never played bigs minutes, averaged less than 3/3, and just gave us 14/14. our team needs more guys like him and more minutes. it's guys like him and Meeks, and Hill who give it every night bc they're not making the 20+ mil a year. they are still young and have to earn their contracts.

start earl for defense and energy purposes and Pau off the bench to spark the 2nd unit when Dwight Kobe Nash need rest. let Meeks play and bring more energy hustle that he can over Duhon and Morris.

Dantoni is stupid. He needs to be a coach and coach his team and laughing after losses or only getting pissed at refs when the game is already over. Pau needs to be a man and understand that he's better for his team off the bench and can still play bigger minutes but of he wants the team to win he needs to volunteer that instead of being egotistical and watch the team lose games when him coming off the bench could help
Ariza3

Postby charvin on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:43 pm

It's almost but not exactly similar to the situations where some players would rather be a starter on a non-contender team, rather than be a lesser part of a contender/championship team.

Ariza3 wrote:bc he's the only one who played with any sort of effort urgency and heart. a no body who, before recently, has only started 1 game, never played bigs minutes, averaged less than 3/3, and just gave us 14/14. our team needs more guys like him and more minutes. it's guys like him and Meeks, and Hill who give it every night bc they're not making the 20+ mil a year. they are still young and have to earn their contracts.

start earl for defense and energy purposes and Pau off the bench to spark the 2nd unit when Dwight Kobe Nash need rest. let Meeks play and bring more energy hustle that he can over Duhon and Morris.

Dantoni is stupid. He needs to be a coach and coach his team and laughing after losses or only getting pissed at refs when the game is already over. Pau needs to be a man and understand that he's better for his team off the bench and can still play bigger minutes but of he wants the team to win he needs to volunteer that instead of being egotistical and watch the team lose games when him coming off the bench could help
charvin

Postby JLaker17 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Only bright spot this year.
JLaker17

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:04 pm

JLaker17 wrote:Only bright spot this year.
D.B. Cooper

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:10 am

As others have said, he had a great game today; active, hit shots, and gave effort on defense. It just sucks Dwight was ejected because I like an Earl/Dwight combination out there at the 4/5. I doubt he starts tomorrow; although, he should...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:29 am

He did a lot of things that didn't show up on the stat sheet.

Clark and Hill make probably one of the best backup front court tandem. Unfortunately we suck on the wing and on either guard spot .

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby lotus on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:23 pm

KB24 wrote:He did a lot of things that didn't show up on the stat sheet.

Clark and Hill make probably one of the best backup front court tandem. Unfortunately we suck on the wing and on either guard spot .

+1
lotus

Postby revgen on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Another solid night for Clark. Unfortunately, when your 5th best player on the floor is outplaying your 2nd best player, you're not going to win too many games.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Armani on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Let's build around Clark.
Armani

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:18 am

Hustle, intensity, defense...this dude better be here next year, its guys like him that deserve to wear the mighty purple & gold as a uniform.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby charvin on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:45 am

Silently, I've always hoped he got a chance to play and prove himself. In this small sample of games, he's proven that he's a Jordan Hill-esque type of player with a slightly more reliable jump shot. If he is re-signed and works on making his jump shot more consistent, boy oh boy...

D.B. Cooper wrote:
charvin

Postby lakersStan24 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:55 am

With Jordan Hill Injured Earl Clark Looks to be stepping up to that role
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:05 am

Another +1 here.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Lakerjones wrote:

Another +1 here.

I'll add this. Only bright THREAD on CL this year, now that Hill is out for the season.
borri

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Re-signing Clark should be a must after the season. I think somebody said we have his Bird rights. We need more players like him. I'd give him a deal similar to Hill's. See, what he could bring on a consistent basis next year given the minutes...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby borri on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 pm

Funny that our best acquisitions have been throw ins to make a deal work or to cut salary.

1. Hill
2. Clark
borri

Postby charvin on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:00 pm

I think Hill was a straight up acquisition, and not a throw-in. The throw-ins from previous years might include Clark, Brown, and Ariza.

borri wrote:Funny that our best acquisitions have been throw ins to make a deal work or to cut salary.

1. Hill
2. Clark
charvin

Postby borri on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:15 pm

charvin wrote:I think Hill was a straight up acquisition, and not a throw-in. The throw-ins from previous years might include Clark, Brown, and Ariza.

borri wrote:Funny that our best acquisitions have been throw ins to make a deal work or to cut salary.

1. Hill
2. Clark

Nope. It was a salary dump in Fisher. We got Hill in return.
borri

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:19 pm

borri wrote:
charvin wrote:I think Hill was a straight up acquisition, and not a throw-in. The throw-ins from previous years might include Clark, Brown, and Ariza.

1. Hill
2. Clark

Nope. It was a salary dump in Fisher. We got Hill in return.

Actually, I think it was both. Jordan Hill was a lottery pick that had some very good per36/per48 numbers. He just never really got a chance. The reason I thought it was a smart trade, was because you do it and then you see if this guy has any potential. If he does, you can bring him back for cheap. If not, it was a salary dump.
JGC

Postby borri on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:18 pm

^^^

What I meant was. Salary dump as Fish made more money than Hill. We had not much expectations of Hill. Yes if he didn't pan out, dump his salary and Fish's.
borri

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion