Earl Clark to be interviewed on ESPN 710, 3.45PM PST

Re: Earl Clark to be interviewed on ESPN 710, 3.45PM PST

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:38 am

quartzcharm wrote:Anyone know if Earl was ever interviewed?

Earl was interviewed. I love the guy. He's definitely not going to be an award-winning public speaker as he kind of draws out his answers in a slowish pace that kind of lulls the listener to sleep. But everything he did say was thoughtful and he seems like a humble and good guy who is tuned in to his priorities in life - his family and his job. He deflected some questions from Marcellus about being young (25) and kind of having opportunities of various kinds as an NBA star now on the Lakers. Earl talked about his wife and two kids and that he didn't go out and party or anything after game, just wanted to be with the family. He said he's learning as much from other stars from the past about what NOT to do. I like him, he's a sharp kid, non-controversial, let's his play on the court speak for itself. He puts in work and it shows.

A thing that I took away from the interview was how thankful he is to have this opportunity to play on the Lakers and he spoke really glowingly about Kobe, Nash, and Gasol. Interestingly he said nothing about Dwight. Regardless of what happens with D12 this summer we need to keep this kid.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:16 am

^ He already knew Dwight from before, I'm not sure there's a whole lot more he could learn from him. Not to mention, the guys he mentioned are all in their 30s while Dwight is only a year older. :man10: Not exactly an elder statesman.

But yeah, this kid certainly seems like a nice one. A keeper. I'm not sure if he's exactly starting material on a Championship team, at least not yet, but he's definitely a keeper to have on your team.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:20 am

^^ True, true.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion