Ebanks need to sit. We need a quick swingman that can shoot

Ebanks need to sit. We need a quick swingman that can shoot

Postby Vlade_12 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:08 pm

I miss Matt Barnes a bit. We need a true backup SF.

Devin Ebanks is just not a good player. He is stiff, not a great shooter, has defensive lapses, can't create offense. He my friends is no Ariza

I think our bench up front
Hill
Gasol or Jamison
Meeks

is a nice 8 man rotation
I wish we could add another young wing that could shoot and added quickness and length. Maybe Clark I think we need a trade
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Playoff rotation! Bring Casspi or Ariza back home for a Title Run Mitch!!!
Vlade_12

Re: Ebanks need to sit. We need a quick swingman that can shoot

Postby lotus on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:11 pm

It was a big mistake to not bring Barnes back. At least he hustled and wasn't scared. Not sure why they didn't bring him back.
lotus

Postby jbiggs on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:12 pm

funny post after ebanks actually drilled some long range shots and played what i thought to be a decent game tonight.

however i do agree barnes woulda been ideal for MDA...i miss ariza
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby The Rock on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:14 pm

lotus wrote:It was a big mistake to not bring Barnes back. At least he hustled and wasn't scared. Not sure why they didn't bring him back.

Barnes sucks. Hes playing 3 more minutes per game this year than last year in an up and down transition team and hes grabbing the same amount of rebounds, his FG% is the same despite playing with better PGs than we had last year and his 3% went from 33% last year to 26% this year. He sucks

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:15 pm

Forget Barnes, we have 1.5 million of the MLE left and we let Pietrus walk to Toronto for the minimum.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Forget Barnes, we have 1.5 million of the MLE left and we let Pietrus walk to Toronto for the minimum.

ugh

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lotus on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:22 pm

The Rock wrote:
lotus wrote:It was a big mistake to not bring Barnes back. At least he hustled and wasn't scared. Not sure why they didn't bring him back.

Barnes sucks. Hes playing 3 more minutes per game this year than last year in an up and down transition team and hes grabbing the same amount of rebounds, his FG% is the same despite playing with better PGs than we had last year and his 3% went from 33% last year to 26% this year. He sucks

But he came to play and provided grit and energy. Those are intangibles that this apathetic team needs. I'll take Barnes' hustle any day on this team. His stats don't much matter for this team.

You do recognize that the big complaint so far is that this team lacks hustle and passion? Barnes has that more than ANYBODY we have coming off the bench.
lotus

Postby The Rock on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 pm

He brought the hustle and passion each of the last 2 years and it didn't help...look he plays the wing position, its a skill position, he bricks too many shots, committs too many dumb fouls to be on this team. He gets exposed in the playoffs because everyone is playing hard, then the skilled player wins out

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:26 pm

Played well tonight compared to many players of the team imo. Came in for a 7 minutes and gave us 5 points 2 rebounds, and a steal. a foul but 0 turnovers. thats 2 more rebounds than kobe and mwp combined. hes athletic and can help us if he plays smart on D and doesnt foul...but he'll get ghost calls against him too many times bc of his limited time in the league
Ariza3

Postby lotus on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 pm

The Rock wrote:He brought the hustle and passion each of the last 2 years and it didn't help...look he plays the wing position, its a skill position, he bricks too many shots, committs too many dumb fouls to be on this team. He gets exposed in the playoffs because everyone is playing hard, then the skilled player wins out

His effort is needed as this team lacks it. Who did we get to replace him that is better? Nobody as I can see. Ebanks hasn't stepped up yet. And Barnes cost pennies on the dollar. You'd cut Barnes; I'd sign Barnes. So be it.
lotus

Postby The Rock on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 pm

lotus wrote:
The Rock wrote:He brought the hustle and passion each of the last 2 years and it didn't help...look he plays the wing position, its a skill position, he bricks too many shots, committs too many dumb fouls to be on this team. He gets exposed in the playoffs because everyone is playing hard, then the skilled player wins out

His effort is needed as this team lacks it. Who did we get to replace him that is better? Nobody as I can see. Ebanks hasn't stepped up yet. And Barnes cost pennies on the dollar. You'd cut Barnes; I'd sign Barnes. So be it.

Except his effort isn't enough, he makes too many negative plays as well, his defense is overrated ,he committs a lot of turnovers, I think he leads the NBA right now in Techs. We're confusing someone who plays hard in spurts for someone who's effective...if anything Hill is the guy who plays hard and effective, Barnes is not. He hustles but he does so many negative things on the court as well

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby LooN3y on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:40 am

The Rock wrote:
lotus wrote:

Except his effort isn't enough, he makes too many negative plays as well, his defense is overrated ,he committs a lot of turnovers, I think he leads the NBA right now in Techs. We're confusing someone who plays hard in spurts for someone who's effective...if anything Hill is the guy who plays hard and effective, Barnes is not. He hustles but he does so many negative things on the court as well

Barnes Or Ebanks, pick
LooN3y

Postby l__o on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:04 am

Any chance for bringing back Ariza :man6:
l__o

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:24 am

l__o wrote:Any chance for bringing back Ariza :man6:

I'm guessing either A.) You didn't see my response to this same request in the MWP thread or B.) You did and think 35% FG and 26% 3pt is good.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:02 am

the scrub that should never play anymore is Morris......guy is horrible on both ends of the floor.
khmrP

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 am

Doc Brown wrote:Forget Barnes, we have 1.5 million of the MLE left and we let Pietrus walk to Toronto for the minimum.

^^ This just killed me. I could not believe we didn't even call Pietrus' agent. He said so. That's a pretty big fail. Pietrus is the one guy who I thought could come in here and really help us, especially with Ebanks getting that DUI. There was no excuse not to go after him. They had weeks to sign him. And they didn't even call his agent. That completely sucks. Pietrus was the perfect guy to finish out our bench. He would have provided defense and long distance shooting. And he's NBA ready, not a project like Ebanks.

Can you imagine our bench?

PG: Duhon
SG: Meeks
SF: Pietrus
PF: Jamison/Hill
C: Hill/D12/Gasol

That would have been perfect especially because we're going to need a solid defender if we ever make it to the deeper rounds of the playoffs.

How could they have missed out on this? It was staring them in the face when Ebanks got that DUI. :bang:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion