ESPN First Take: Can Kobe And Nash Co-Exist?

ESPN First Take: Can Kobe And Nash Co-Exist?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:43 am

Kobe8Fan

Re: ESPN First Take: Can Kobe And Nash Co-Exist?

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:50 am

Lol Skip is so funny. Pure entertainment when it comes to his opinion I don't even take it seriously.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby lotus on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 am

This might be the wildest year ever in NBA analysis by anybody related to sports reporting. I'm sure more than a few guys will try to make a name for themselves, or expand their brand, at the expense of the Lakers. Exhibit 1: Stephen A. Smith.
Exhibit 2: Skip

Surely there will be many trumped up stories that they "reveal" because of their "special access". So hold on to your chairs and check your sensitivity at the door.
lotus

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 am

This topic has been beaten to death, but Kobe and Nash will absolutely co-exist. Listen Kobe recruited Steve to Los Angeles. He has been on record saying "I'll get to play off the ball and play my natural position of being a scorer".

Why would he say those things if he wasn't willing to sacrifice a little bit? This guy is as hungry as ever. He desperately wants that sixth NBA title. He'll do anything to get that.

Also Skip Bayless is a freaking tool. Kobe the most selfish player ever really? :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 am

Oh, poor Skip. :man6: Manufacturing drama for TV :man10: Nothing new to see here.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby OuttaControl7 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:55 am

SKip is an IDIOT NUFF SAID!
OuttaControl7

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:56 am

If selfish gets you five rings, would you be selfish? :man10:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:58 am

I guess with Dwight pissing on their last parade, they have to recycle this topic.

Nash can co-exist with anyone in this league. And I think Kobe is ready to make his own life easier, prolong his career a hair, and buy into whatever team concept is needed in order to add as much hardware as he can before hanging them up.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby khmrP on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:10 am

skip will continue to troll regardless, he is also a Lebron hater and still found ways to troll him after winning it last yr.
khmrP

Postby c.Lin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:14 am

lakerswiz wrote:I am 100% serious when I say this, but these guys are ruining sports and they're ruining NBA basketball for me. I pay them no attention. I don't watch their show. Yet everyday we seemingly have a new thread about something they said that day.

Stop it. These two guys do not matter. At all. Their opinions are not worth anymore than the opinions of the members of this forum. They are not special. College degrees don't give them basketball knowledge. Which they sure as hell don't willingly display. These guys are trash and the fact that people still tune in to watch them baffles my mind.

Pretty much how I feel about them.
c.Lin

Postby gcclaker on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

If Skippy and Screamin CAN co-exist so can Bryant and Nash.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:23 am

I haven't watched any of their videos this summer outside of maybe the first one about where the Lakers rank...

These guys are tools, Bayless is an idiot, and Smith is an alarmist. Enough said.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:37 am

Its amazing how they just say the same crap every day.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby BadCoaching on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:48 am

silly..

Nash commands respect, Kobe knows when to give it. They'll be fine.
BadCoaching

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:51 am

Hey guys back off on Skip......when you are swinging from the groin of Tim Tebow everyday, your mind just isn't right. He's just not thinking straight from all that swinging back and forth.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:55 am

i would give up my next paycheck to fistfight Skip Bayless

true story
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby John3:16 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:57 am

Doc Brown wrote:Hey guys back off on Skip......when you are swinging from the groin of Tim Tebow everyday, your mind just isn't right. He's just not thinking straight from all that swinging back and forth.

What I truly don't understand is why they talk about Tebow every day. He doesn't even play. How can they find stuff to talk about every single day???
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:07 pm

It's funny how he says he's a Kobe fan, when does he ever show Kobe any kind of support. If anything, he always finds ways of slighting him. The only time I ever see him say anything remotely positive about Kobe is when he uses him to talk down Lebron.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Kobe is going to retire with 8 world titles and they will still say he is selfish.
OX1947

Postby Juronimo on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:23 pm

They're good for a laugh. I don't take anything they say seriously.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:42 pm

lakerswiz wrote:I am 100% serious when I say this, but these guys are ruining sports and they're ruining NBA basketball for me. I pay them no attention. I don't watch their show. Yet everyday we seemingly have a new thread about something they said that day.

Stop it. These two guys do not matter. At all. Their opinions are not worth anymore than the opinions of the members of this forum. They are not special. College degrees don't give them basketball knowledge. Which they sure as hell don't willingly display. These guys are trash and the fact that people still tune in to watch them baffles my mind.

Absolutely great post. This "entertainment" excuse in sports has gotten outta hand. These guys are not entertaining. I have no clue why this is considered entertainment. This is tom foolery at it's apex. Children or a child's attention span is what this is for. Legit, good informed, opinion on a sport situation or whatever, should be isolated to that particular situation. What I mean is, if you comment about someone, then, comment and tell us what you think. Right off the bat, we already know with these guys, one schmuck is going to say bad and the other good. What's worse, is Skip says crap that make NO SENSE. Zero. He will say a player isn't a money player yet he is a money player. Just crap, it is a crap show for the dimwit audience out there that watch it. I can not watch it for more then a few minutes. I get just as much from John Clayton sitting down and telling us important, relevant information. Adam Schefter and Mort, these guys, when they talk, I always listen and I always find myself informed after they are done. This is sports, not movies. Movie stars and tv stars need made up bullcrap because most actors are robots who need to be controlled by agents and producers otherwise they would OD on drugs and go do whatever the hell they do.

Keep sports relevant to the game, enough of the MTV, E! Hollywood story crap.
OX1947

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:This topic has been beaten to death, but Kobe and Nash will absolutely co-exist. Listen Kobe recruited Steve to Los Angeles. He has been on record saying "I'll get to play off the ball and play my natural position of being a scorer".

Why would he say those things if he wasn't willing to sacrifice a little bit? This guy is as hungry as ever. He desperately wants that sixth NBA title. He'll do anything to get that.

Also Skip Bayless is a freaking tool. Kobe the most selfish player ever really? :man10:

I know that was a bit harsh Kobe's biggest weakness is trusting His team mates not so much nowadays post smush -kwame days cause He Had good team mates last few years and most of his career apart from last yr. Now can defer to His Team better now has much better players around Him I expect Him to like He was with Team USA This Summer.
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:15 pm

OX1947 wrote:

Absolutely great post. This "entertainment" excuse in sports has gotten outta hand. These guys are not entertaining. I have no clue why this is considered entertainment. This is tom foolery at it's apex. Children or a child's attention span is what this is for. Legit, good informed, opinion on a sport situation or whatever, should be isolated to that particular situation. What I mean is, if you comment about someone, then, comment and tell us what you think. Right off the bat, we already know with these guys, one schmuck is going to say bad and the other good. What's worse, is Skip says crap that make NO SENSE. Zero. He will say a player isn't a money player yet he is a money player. Just crap, it is a crap show for the dimwit audience out there that watch it. I can not watch it for more then a few minutes. I get just as much from John Clayton sitting down and telling us important, relevant information. Adam Schefter and Mort, these guys, when they talk, I always listen and I always find myself informed after they are done. This is sports, not movies. Movie stars and tv stars need made up bullcrap because most actors are robots who need to be controlled by agents and producers otherwise they would OD on drugs and go do whatever the hell they do.

Keep sports relevant to the game, enough of the MTV, E! Hollywood story crap.

^^ I agree with both of you guys. The Point/Counterpoint routine with these two isn't funny or entertaining. It's just imbecilic. It's a put-on and it's contrariness for sensationalist reasons. It's not true debate. Now the old Point/Counterpoint routine on Saturday Night Live? That was funny!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:44 pm

I miss the days when sports reporters were ACTUALLY sports reporters. Reported the game, talked ABOUT the game and not resort to speculation or sensationalist garbage.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Alcindor on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:13 pm

I see Skip's lips moving but alI I hear is "blah blah blah look at me try to stay relevant by creating drama"
Alcindor

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion