ESPN-Insider, Gary Payton to L.A.

Postby Seawell on Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:34 am

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:FELTON will probably enter the DRAFT next year and will be a top 5 pick.
We can scratch him out of our list. We will probably be picking #29 in the draft next summer because we would be WORLD CHAMPIONS once again.

Hey, I'll take the championship over gettting Felton :jam2: Like I said...its wishful thinking. I would love to get GP and PJ Brown and call it a day.
Seawell

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:27 pm

Both PJ and GP does not seem likely unless obtained by sign and trade. Both will be seeking the MLE and only one will get it...GP. Why not Malone, Hes an incredible worker and with Beasley or Perkins backing him up anything is possible.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:02 am

The lakers can get by with a good pg or pf. They get burn on the pg side and pf side. If they can stop one of the 2, then the lakers are in good shape. If the laker can get GP then they can also offer Tyrone Hill with the $1 MILLION EXCEPTION. or get Juwan Howard with the MLE and a pg at the $1 MILLION EXCEPTION. No way should the lakers get malone!!! He used to hate the Lakers and will always hate us!!!!
zetaw00d

Payton, Brown, Piatkowski

Postby pskillz on Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:39 pm

Personally the lakers should pick up Payton :jam2: (starting PG ill D), and piatkowski :jam2: ( fox hurt), and try to get pj brown :jam2: ( rebs and of course D) at pf By any means neccessary even if u lose fisher, madsen, medvedenko, walker. Pargo can be backup in the pg and piatkowski back up at the sg while horry back up at the pf. What do u think? :man9:
pskillz

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:03 am

I made up my mind.

Sign Payton with the MLE. I love his D and he can post like no other at PG. Just imagine him posting Bibby and Parker down the lane consistently.

That's leaves us with the one mil excemption. It would be nice if we can Payton to take this and use MLE for a PF, but its unlikely. So hopefully, we can get any Pf that is productive to take this. Other than Brown, Malone, and Howard, whos left........Tyrone Hill????
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:07 pm

Personally I feel the Lakers got two problems. They have had them for the last 4 years and only cost us one time. The way I see it is we have to fix both the pg & pf position. Bibby, Parker, & Hudson killed us. So do the Wallace's, Duncan's & Webber's of the league. I feel if we have a shot at Gary Payton, we get him, even if it means suffering at the pf position. Remember that guards get the offense started. With Kobe & Payton in the backcourt, they will disrupt any offense put in front of them. Lets face it, as good as those pf are that I mentioned, they will not win it by themselves if we solve our pg problem with Payton, not to mention we would have Fisher coming off the bench and also Pargo. I think we can get by with Horry, Medvedenko, and even bring Madsen back....we would be ok.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:55 pm

Lakerfan,

I agree that the Lakers should solve the point guard position first. We have been trying to figure out the power forward for 3 years now. First, AC Green, then Horace Grant, then Samaki Walker......Each year looking for another one. With Payton we can solidify that position now. Solve one of the two problems like you stated, and then we can figure out the other.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby whats golden on Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:00 pm

remember we still have the LLE to use. I'm sure we can find a body to put at power foward to help us out. If Payton wants to come, we should definately think about getting him.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion