Expect rule changes

Expect rule changes

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:21 am

On July 16th if Gary Payton & Karl Malone sign with the Lakers, expect the following. Owners such as Jerry Colangelo (Phoenix Suns) to demand rule changes. Which by the way this guy is on the rules comittee which I don't think is fair. He only brought the zone in cause his team never has had a center and he wanted his team to have a chance to compete w/Shaq. Mark Cuban will :man6: , he is the biggest crybaby ever! They will demand rule changes that help their teams. There probably will be something like you can only have so many all-stars on one team, even if they were a former all star. You watch, there will be a whole lot of crying and saying thier is a conspiracy for the Lakers to win. :bang: This happening will have good and bad points for this team. Now they want get thier calls, cause they will feel most teams are at a disadvantage. This is going to have some negatives also. I want this to happen, but if it does, I just want you guys to think about what is going to come with it. People are not going to be happy to see a team that is as dominant as this one, just got stronger, probably stronger than all 3 teams that won the 3peat. This is not going to go over well!!! Sucks to be David Stern right now, cause if this happens, his phone is going to ring off the hook. :man1:
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:47 am

Sounds like if we assemble one of the most impressive squads ever, other teams are going to [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] to alter the rules to help them contend with us.

Interesting... :man12:

Change all the rules you want, you add Payton and Malone to the Lakers, and you basically have a traveling All Star team :man9:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:47 pm

So how come when we have our dream teams that compete, the international rules never change? Just cuz we're gonna have a tight squad, they gotta cry for rule changes to best suit them. But the rules have been changin, and look who's dominatin! US! And when we still continue to dominate when/if the rules change, let's see what happens then! :man10:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:01 pm

They already had a rule change in the zone defense and just last year changed the first round format to seven games. I think the commish will take it easy on the rules until the expansion year when the league goes to 30 teams. Then, I bet we'll a seeded playoffs like in the NHL. But as far as rule changes I don't see anything drastic happening if the LA dream team does eventually happen. The only thing I can really see happenin is Cuban cryin to the League about the Diesel and the Mailman at the charity stripe, other than that let the players play and f$%k the refs!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion