Expectations before the Season...and now.

Re: Expectations before the Season...and now.

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:27 pm

At the beginning of the season, I expected them to fire Mike Brown. Now I expect them to fire D'Antoni by the end of the season.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Honestly, I'm just waiting until we have all our starters together. I don't even know what to expect, per se, I just want to see what happens. I do expect good things from our guys as long as Antoni doesn't get in the way.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:02 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:before the season: "HELL YEA WE HAVE THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED! WE'RE GOING 74-8 AND STEAMROLLING THROUGH THE PLAYOFFS TO A CHAMPIONSHIP! FIRE MIKE BROWN!"

now: "oh god i hope we make the playoffs. this team is horrible. fire d'antoni."

ROFL
LooN3y

Postby RushDelivery on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:06 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:before the season: "HELL YEA WE HAVE THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED! WE'RE GOING 74-8 AND STEAMROLLING THROUGH THE PLAYOFFS TO A CHAMPIONSHIP! FIRE MIKE BROWN!"

now: "oh god i hope we make the playoffs. this team is horrible. fire d'antoni."

:man10:

Yet at the same time it's sad how much truth there is in the above quote :man5:
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat
RushDelivery

Postby purp n gold on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:40 am

Before the season: Challenge OKC for top spot in the West, get to at least the WCF

Now: the WCF
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby MC on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:58 am

My expectations are the exact same.....................

The Buss family is not going to get let off the hook that easily. Especially when it seems like their latest coaching hire was more out of ego than actual basketball reasons.

It was not championship or bust for me at the beginning of the year and that hasn't changed for me, it was not going to surprise me if it took a year to get this core to gel to that level but I fully expected a push and a playoff run that went 2 or 3 rounds bare minimum.

Better make the 2nd or 3rd round bare minimum........ the Buss family gets NO rope here..... they used it all up wrapping it around their necks with their latest "unified" coaching decision.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby themasterphil on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:46 am

before the season it was a championship now its a playoff....its sad really sad...... :mad1:
themasterphil

Postby Nikez on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:18 pm

We will make the playoffs. There shouldn't be any doubt about that. I think in a month after weve seen the "dream lineup" play together we will be able to hold more accurate expectations. Everything is really up in the air right now
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby JSM on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Exactly the same: Once this team meshes and gets on the same page, it's bad news for the rest of the league. Before the season, we thought we might be without one of our new acquisitions until around 2013...err....Screamin' A Smith thought that. We really had no trustworthy timetable to go on with Dwight. So we knew getting off to a slow start was possible. Well to our pleasant surprise, we had Dwight but lost Nash.

I think it's easier for Nash to get up to speed than it would have been if Dwight was out until last Saturday.

In addition to that, we thought we were going to be stuck with Potato Head for this season. D'Antoni isn't the ideal fit for this team, but I believe he's certainly better than his predecessor.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion