Farewell Brian Shaw - Show him your love...

Farewell Brian Shaw - Show him your love...

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat May 17, 2003 10:30 am

Regarding their own free agents, the Lakers have decided not to bring back Brian Shaw, Tracy Murray or Samaki Walker. They probably will try to re-sign Mark Madsen to a minimum-level salary.

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~20955~1396664,00.html

Never forget this man. All the battles, all the clutch shots, all the right desicions. You will forever be in my list of Laker favirotes from this era.

I will always love you B. Shaw!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Bulls Fan on Sat May 17, 2003 11:21 am

Hey Im a Bulls fan and even Ill admit this:

People who say that the lakers are down and out are just plain [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] stupid. Look at the the problems they had this year...yet they made it this far. Imagine if they were healthy...im not speculating that they would have beat SA becuase SA was just great this year...but I think they would have went say 55-27 or higher...swept the T Wolves and not lose THE WAY THEY DID to SA.

I only defend the lakers because as a Bulls fan, I remember when Jordan came back and everyone was like "Oh yeah the Bulls are done..look they got beat by the Orlando Magic" in the Eastern Finals....and they went on to 3-peat...again.

So, the moral of the story is: [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] doubters...they say what they say because they are not focused in general and because they will never amount to anything in their life anyway.
Bulls Fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 17, 2003 11:36 am

Please GOD...If you can hear me...NO MARK MADSEN!
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Sat May 17, 2003 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat May 17, 2003 11:40 am

No I disagree Snakell. I would much rather have Madsen than Slava...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

We love you Brian Shaw

Postby skillz08lakeshow on Sat May 17, 2003 1:39 pm

Thanks Brian for everything you did for the lakers... From bringing us back to win the first championship agaist Portland... You will be missed!!!
Fan since 1980!

WE LOVE LA... WE LOVE IT...
skillz08lakeshow

Postby LAKERCHICK on Sat May 17, 2003 1:52 pm

Thanx for everything B.Shaw we will never forget what you did for L.A.
And I wish you good luck with whatever team your going to next or with what ever you decide to do with your career.
and Thanx again man!
LOVE YA.
LAKERCHICK

Postby Lakers4Ever on Sat May 17, 2003 2:57 pm

Brian Shaw will forever be missed!! He was a big factor in these 3 championships and his contributions will always be remembered. Samaki Walker was good on an inconsistent basis, but is almost a liability to our team. Tracy Murray was flat out useless.
As much as people don't want Mark Madsen back, he has deserved to be w/ us for yet a few more seasons. His dedication and hard work pays off. He may not be the most offensive minded at the moment, but w/ flashbacks to his Stanford days, it can happen.
PLUS I'm hoping they do decide to keep Jannero Pargo. This kid has much potential and can improve to become an unstoppable PG.

All in all, the memories of the past 3 years will always be remembered. It will never be the same without our core group intact, but life goes on.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Reddy on Sat May 17, 2003 4:57 pm

brian i love ya man!
i hope you have a good life
thanks 4 everything!
i will always remember your threes
especailly the crazy ones
like the one ya banked in at the end of 3rd in game 4!
] :bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 17, 2003 5:08 pm

Brian, I knew ur tyme was alrady gonna be up after this season! Thanx for all the memories u gave me!! Mr Dependable, as Stu would call u, well u earned it last season! U were right on point with ur clutch 3's, and I love u for that!! Thanx for everything! I already miss u, as I was just gettin used of u! We all love u, and will cherish everything u given to us as fans! Thank you very much! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 17, 2003 10:20 pm

"No I disagree Snakell. I would much rather have Madsen than Slava..."

explain to me quickly (before I bust a gut laughing :man9: :man10: ) why that makes even a shred of sense, seeing as how slava got roughly 35 total minutes of game time against the spurs and had 2 blocks, 25 points, 3-5 rebounds and several deflections and Madsen played much more and I don't know if he scored more than 2-4 points, grabbed more than a few boards and he certainly didn't get any blocks or make the kind of impact that Slava did. Mark is as good (at 27) as he is going to get. Slava (just turned 24 a month ago) is undeveloped due to lack of PT and is going to go WAY UP in talent...I believe IMHO you are wrong...

Averages against the Spurs:

Slava
6.4 ppg (58% FG)
3 rpg
13 mpg
2.4 pf

Mad Dog:
1.7 ppg (50% FG)
1.8 rpg
11.5 mpg
2.5 pf
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 12:37 am

Slava did better this series, than Madsen, it's shown in the stats. But I love the energy Madsen gives, and how he gets into his oppositions minds. I like that a lot. But then I like Slava cuz he's daring and isn't afraid to take the J, and he knocks it down almost all the time. He just needs to work on his D. I like them both, for various reasons..... :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 18, 2003 11:34 am

I don't want B. Shaw to go, but we do have to get younger and more athletic. I know that his experience is an asset, but we need some added firepower in terms of wing players. The Spurs have Manu, Bowen, and Jackson. I know that Kobe can take all of them by himself, but he needs help other than Devean.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Chick-n-Stew on Sun May 18, 2003 12:29 pm

Good luck in your future B Shaw. It's been great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LAKERS
Chick-n-Stew

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun May 18, 2003 12:44 pm

Where he goes and what he does will never take away the fact that he was in important part of championship history. Goodbye Shaw and good luck...

As far as Mark goes, if he were 2 inches taller I would want to keep him, but a 6'8 PF is bad enough then when you consider he is a WHITE guy you start to see he will only get older and less effective as he goes along because he is not getting any younger and he simply does not have the offensive ability to take pressure off of Shaq and that is ultimately what we need. Slava is not ready to start (not by 3 or 4 years) but he would make an excellent back up behind Juwan Howard. They play similar games, have similar defense and play well on the perimeter. mark might be a good 3rd string PF, but we need to keep Slava simply beacuse his upside is too enticing and he proved if we give him the minutes, he can get over 10 points inside of 20 minutes any time he wants...
Snakell Beast

Postby MIKEDOG on Sun May 18, 2003 9:04 pm

Thanx for the memories, its been great.

Does anyone if there is maybe a chance of Shaw going to another team or is he retiring??
MIKEDOG

shaw, stay here please!!!

Postby Briguy112184 on Sun May 18, 2003 11:45 pm

dang...shaw...you are finally gonna hit the road. we will miss you. Without shaw in the 4th quarter of the WCF in game 7 in 2000 agaist the Blazers, hitting three pointers like mad, we probably wouldnt have won that year. shaw, thanks for the leadership, determination, drive, and skill you have brought the team. hopefully the 3 rings are enough memories for you. we love you man!!! shaw, i hope you retire a lakers, but :jam2: rock on wherever you go.
Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

"I don't like this feeling. I hate this feeling. I don't ever want to feel it again."
Kobe.
Briguy112184

Return to Lakers Discussion