A Feel Good News Conference All Around

A Feel Good News Conference All Around

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:56 pm

Man, I can't explain to you how happy reading these two articles made me feel. The top things to take away from it are:

1) The want to win championships (plural)...they said that if they win this year, they will wanna come back for more rings...which means that they will exercise their player options and stay the full two years with us....and you know that by that time, if we wanted either of them for longer, extensions would be proposed.

2) They wanted to make it obvious that chemistry issues would not be the downfall to this squad. They expect nothing short of a championship this coming year...almost basically guaranteeing one. They said that this was Shaq and Kobe's team and they were going to come with their A games, but if Shaq says let me take over, they will move aside. Malone even made a reference to getting the scoring title in a Laker uniform and Payton claimed that he would be John Stockton Jr. with all the passes we will be distributing.

3) Malone is doing everything in his power for even the most critical Laker fans to accept him. He has said all the right things and done even better things, by not taking number 32 down from the rafters and instead playing with either 11 or 35. Malone also has a hell of a sense of humor and you guys will know what I'm talking about once you read these articles. I also ask of every fan that is going to a game or going to voice their opinion in some public arena where Malone can hear...we have to accept this guy...he has really destroyed my whole entire out look on what I once thought he was. He has really made me fall in admiration of him...and I'm really glad he's here with us....screw Howard and Brown...we got the quote unquote best power forward in league history and I really don't care if he is not in his prime...he still carries himself superbly for being 40 and he still runs the floor with alot of heart. I'm sold on him and we all know what GP can do....bring on the titles

And without further ado....trust me this is a must read...especially for those who couldn't catch the actual news conference...let's just pray for our man Kobe now....
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lak ... -headlines

Here are some pics as well:

By the way, that's Go has a hell of a sense of humor and you guys will know what I'm talking about once you read these articles. I also ask of every fan that is going to a game or going to voice their opinion in some public arena where Malone can hear...we have to accept this guy...he has really destroyed my whole entire out look on what I once thought he was. He has really made me fall in admiration of him...and I'm really glad he's here with us....screw Howard and Brown...we got the quote unquote best power forward in league history and I really don't care if he is not in his prime...he still carries himself superbly for being 40 and he still runs the floor with alot of heart. I'm sold on him and we all know what GP can do....bring on the titles

And without further ado....trust me this is a must read...especially for those who couldn't catch the actual news conference...let's just pray for our man Kobe now....
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lak ... -headlines

Here are some pics as well:

By the way, that's GP and Worthy greeting each other, with GP's 10 year kid, in the foreground, admiring his dad's white home jersey
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakers frizzo on Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:54 pm

i say payton will finish his career in la(four more years) and malone will too(the two years) the two wont want to go to a team that wont win a title after being on a championship squad. we will win 73 this year and 75+ next. payton wants another payday but he will get that from indorsment deals he'll get as a laker in the largest market in the nba he would be a fool to go to another team next year for a payday (contract-wise) when he can finish a champion making equal $ and who would he go to for $ and a chance to be a contender for a title? sa has parker dallas has vanexel and nash minny has cassell(egghead) and hudson nj has kidd sac has taylor and bibby etc no contender with $ needs a point guard!! case closed!!
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:55 pm

Awesome post...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:57 pm

Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:32 am

Cool interview. They're sooooooo fired up... It's awesome. I loved the part when GP sais "Were the veterans, we'll adjust"

That's just plain out badass!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Lakers Discussion