No Feick, no Hill, no Forston, no more PFs!

No Feick, no Hill, no Forston, no more PFs!

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:44 pm

No offense, now, I know what your intentions are in trying to sign a guy like Jamie Feick, who hasn't reached the age of 30 yet, but isn't he undersized? According to NBA.com, he's only 6'8". He may be an aggressive player and hardcore rebounder, but when you come to think of it, the Lakers have had tons of experience with players trying to fill the void at the PF spot, and most of them, like Mark Madsen, turn out to be undersized.

There are many alternatives to getting Feick anyhow. For example, Golden State's emergence of Troy Murphy has caused them to put Danny Fortson on the trading block last season. I would prefer Fortson over Feick. Forston's more proven, has been a starter loads of times before Murphy stepped up, and is also a hardcore rebounder (probably even better than Feick). Also, he could hit his free throws, at least during the seasons he started with Golden State. Fortson can also score when necessary. Jamie Feick, on the other hand, is so undersized that he may as well be a tweener between small forward and power forward. He has Darvin Ham/ Jason Caffey height, and the only difference is that he can rebound. Sure. he can rebound, but keep in mind two things: 1) he's undersized, as I've stated many times before, 2) he shoots his free throws horribly, and can't really score (sort of reminds me of a Ben Wallaceish guy without the defense), and 3) Feick hasn't played in the league for a while (actually only 2 years), meaning that he may have some flaws coming back.

Instead of Feick, I have some other free agent power forward alternatives. I don't mind bringing in Tyrone Hill, another rebounding machine who has a jumper and does a lot of the dirty work to perfection. Gary Trent, although he is undersized, may be able to bring in some rebounds and he's a known scorer. David Aldridge of ESPN even rated him as one of the most underrated free agents of this season. The guy is strong, I swear, and he knows how to get into the paint and the line. I would also like Jumaine Jones, but unfortunately he's on his way to Boston in a three-way swing. Danny Fortson could be involved in a trade, although I bet the Lakers don't want to trade anyone at this point. So there you have it, the free agent bait: Gary Trent, Tyrone Hill, and Danny Fortson if you can get him. No Feick in that list, unfortunately.

Anyways, the [/b]height, and the only difference is that he can rebound. Sure. he can rebound, but keep in mind two things: 1) he's undersized, as I've stated many times before, 2) he shoots his free throws horribly, and can't really score (sort of reminds me of a Ben Wallaceish guy without the defense), and 3) Feick hasn't played in the league for a while (actually only 2 years), meaning that he may have some flaws coming back.

Instead of Feick, I have some other free agent power forward alternatives. I don't mind bringing in Tyrone Hill, another rebounding machine who has a jumper and does a lot of the dirty work to perfection. Gary Trent, although he is undersized, may be able to bring in some rebounds and he's a known scorer. David Aldridge of ESPN even rated him as one of the most underrated free agents of this season. The guy is strong, I swear, and he knows how to get into the paint and the line. I would also like Jumaine Jones, but unfortunately he's on his way to Boston in a three-way swing. Danny Fortson could be involved in a trade, although I bet the Lakers don't want to trade anyone at this point. So there you have it, the free agent bait: Gary Trent, Tyrone Hill, and Danny Fortson if you can get him. No Feick in that list, unfortunately.

Anyways, the Lakers don't need a high-file rebounding power forward in their team. They've now created a logjam for themselves at the four spot, with Horace Grant, Karl Malone, Slava Medvedenko and Brian Cook. They don't need no rebounders. Shaq, Karl and Horace would do the dirty work, and don't forget Kobe could rebound too. No rebounders as of now. We don't need any more PFs!
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby SWOL on Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:22 pm

please stop posting the same stuff over and over 1 thred is fine
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Return to Lakers Discussion