First roster cuts have been made

First roster cuts have been made

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:53 pm

The Lakers have announced that the team has cut ties with Ronnie Aguilar and Reeves Nelson following the team’s preseason loss to the Sacramento Kings on Friday night.

The team announced in an official statement that they released both Aguilar and Nelson, who spent time on the roster for the first five preseason games and through training camp.

The official team roster now stands at 18 players, but more cuts are expected to be made soon.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-team-waives-ronnie-aguilar-reeves-nelson/2012/10/20/

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Re: First cuts have been made

Postby JSM on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:00 pm

Shocking. I really thought both were on the verge of receiving multi-year contracts. Guess I'll have to send my custom made jerseys back. DAMN :bang:
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: First roster cuts have been made

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:00 pm

:wave:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:05 pm

lata skatas
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm glad they're beginning to cut out all the garbage we don't need. I fully expect Somogyi to be next...but who else gets cut next?

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Possibly some of the worst camp invites the Lakers have ever had, they should have been cut after game 1.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Well, I don't think we are going to win the championship now. And if they cut Somogyi... ugh. Don't want to even think about it now.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:22 pm

About freaking time. Those guys were horrible.

Now we need to just waive Clark, Morris, and Goudelock and cut Somogyi.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:28 pm

hopefully morris is next to go
432J

Postby dj vitus on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:28 pm

I wish there was a way to keep Glock over Morris. Coaching staff should just relegate him to a Steve Novak role--just come in to drop a 3 (or long floater), and go back to the bench.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:57 pm

I'm hoping a trade goes down or Mitch does in fact waive a player with a guaranteed deal or we will be saying goodbye to at least two of these guys,Sacre/CDR/DJO/Glock, if we keep a 15 man roster. Or if we only keep 14 like usual, 3 of them will be on the way out.......

Sacre/CDR/DJO/Glock >>>>>>> Blake/Duhon/Morris/Clark
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersStan24 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 pm

1 down 3 to go...
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby jimbo327 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Sacre is going to be on this team if you ask me. I agree, the non guaranteed are much better than the guaranteed players. Mitch, break out the elder wand and make Blake or Duhon disappear.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby Bilbao-LakerMagic on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:46 pm

It seems that CDR is doing well according to this article...

---------------------------
Seven out of nine D-League executives and coaches voted Chris Douglas-Roberts the player most likely to get called up by an NBA team. CDR has been that good with the Legends. The former Net (and Laker and Mav) is currently leading the NBADL in scoring at 27.8 ppg with great percentages from all over the court. "His ability to score the basketball is as good as anyone I've seen in my years in the D-League," one of the executives polled said. "He's a fluid player, can score with guys hanging all over him." HoopsHype

---------------------------

Maybe we did not made the right choice... CDR seems to be a contributor. And we are not strong at SF position/either athleticism.

Go Lakers !!
Bilbao-LakerMagic

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:53 pm

We for sure didn't make the right choice. He would be contributing right now as we speak if he were on our team IMO.

This was probably the move of the season that has irked me the most. He can play and he didn't get ANY run in the preseason.

Only if we could get him back so he could be our backup SF. :man5:
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Yeah I think this was the one move everyone was down on. The kid was doing well whenever he played which wasn't enough and now he's gone.

He would have been a perfect fit for this team too. Ugh.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:59 pm

as good as he is, why did Dall cut him so quickly as well? Not saying I dont want him over ebanks/Clark or whatever we have now but odd that a team like Dall wouldn't need someone like him then either.
khmrP

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:00 pm

khmrP wrote:as good as he is, why did Dall cut him so quickly as well? Not saying I dont want him over ebanks/Clark or whatever we have now but odd that a team like Dall wouldn't need someone like him then either.

B/c they already had 15 guaranteed contracts IIRC. I think they signed him so they could have his rights and send him to their D-league affiliate.
Doc Brown

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:01 pm

I liked CDR and his attitude. We didn't get to see him much and saw more of Ebanks. I like Ebanks (not lately in his limited minutes) but I do think we should have kept both up until this point in which we prob would cut Ebanks.

I think the only thing keeping Ebanks was his D on Durant that one game and theyre hoping he'll improve with Nash and become a part of a defensive rotation to give Metta rest later in the season. Right now he's not playing much and were seeing more Meeks Kobe rotations which is awesome. But i do think down the line when everyone is back we'll see more of him with Nash and Meeks to give Kobe rest.

CDR would have been a big spark off the bench with Meeks imo and im sure he'll contribute on whatever team he gets called up on. He's had a rough nba career but just keeps on fighting. More than you can say for some of our rookies or young guys. CDR would have given it his all every night and never taken a second off. Maybe we'll be the ones to call him up i hope
Ariza3

Postby Finwë on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:02 pm

I miss
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Return to Lakers Discussion