First Time To Staples Centre

First Time To Staples Centre

Postby elev8d on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi guys,

First post here, sorry if it;s in the wrong section!

I Live in Australia and coming to the U.S for the first time in October. Booked my tickets in February around what I hoped would be the right day for the season opener and thankfully worked out perfectly. I have been wanting to see a Lakers game live since like 1997 and finally the time has come. I've been watching the Lakers site for ticket announcements and they go on sale next month but there is a huge amount of tickets already up on Stubhub.

I don't want to miss out of course, but my question is should I wait until official tickets go on sale, is there normally a large amount of tickets through Ticketmaster? I hear that quite a lot are held by season ticket holders.

So I can get row 3 in Pr1 for $332 (after fees and taxes) and thinking of doing this. I have no idea what face value is for any section, but for my budget (which was about $600 for 2 tickets) I can't seem to get anything closer.

Could I please get some opinions on this section and price. I get that it's probably more than face value, but is it A LOT more?? Is it worth waiting a month for official marketplace to sell tickets and maybe missing out?

Thanks for any opinions guys, I have been waiting years for this which is why I want to get it right.

Steve.
elev8d

Re: First Time To Staples Centre

Postby therealdeal on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:21 pm

If you're getting tickets for the season opener, you'll likely have to pay more. I'm not sure if there's any issue with buying tickets out of country, but you should try Barry's tickets.com and Stubhub too.

I've found that they're generally cheaper than Ticketmaster.

I hope that helps and welcome to the site, I hope you post more often.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kasumi on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:28 pm

It really depends on where you want to sit. If you want to be in the lower bowl, then you'll need options other than Ticketmaster since those will either be season ticket holder seats or held for other reasons. Barry's Tickets is a good one to work with, you can also buy tix directly from season ticket holders.

If your budget is $600 for 2 tickets, then what you've listed is a good deal.
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby elev8d on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Ok thanks for the replies (and the welcome)

I think I might just go ahead and book those that I listed from Stubhub in PR1. At least they are booked and I don't have to worry about not getting anything. Seats should be fine I think. UPS delivery which could be tricky seeing as i get in the night before the game from a hotel in NYC. I guess I could just get them delivered to the hotel I'm staying at in Anaheim.

Thanks again,

Steve.
elev8d

Postby therealdeal on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:06 pm

No problem.

There's a Stubhub office in downtown LA that you can pick tickets up at if you'd prefer to do that. It's a few blocks north of the Staples Center and you can probably try to do that before the game starts. That's what I've done with Stubhub in the past.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby purp n gold on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:48 pm

Enjoy the game... I'd take realdeal's advice and have the tickets ready at the StubHub office, it's not very far from Staples Center itself.

I'd also say get there early and walk around LA Live, it's an area that is right next to Staples. There's a few stores/restaurants/bars there. It's nothing spectacular, but the atmosphere should be pretty fun there on opening night.

Don't forget to take pictures with the Magic/Kareem/Chick Hearn statues!
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby elev8d on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:09 am

Thanks for the tips,

I didn't have pick up at Stubhub as an option on these particular tickets, so I used the hotel address but I'll contact Stubhub and see if I can just change the delivery address to that office.

About parking,
I'll be renting a car and as we are staying in Anaheim at that point I'll be driving to/from the game. Should I just park at Staples and pay the cost? Just after the easiest option I guess.

Among everything else, can't wait to see the statues (and banners) in person!! Very excited!
elev8d

Postby scissors on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:43 am

The parking lot at Staples itself is expensive. There are many parking structures/lots that are near by that are much much cheaper. You just have to walk a couple blocks.
scissors

Postby therealdeal on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:20 am

There's a 25 dollar lot right across the street from Staples that I usually use. It's pricey, but I know my car is safe and it's really conveniently placed. You can get much better prices just a few blocks away as long as you're okay with a little riff-raff in the streets to and from.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:44 pm

^ I park there everytime too haha.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby baller4life on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:50 pm

I live in Europe and have been Laker fan since Kobe came in the league but never had the chance to watch game at Staples. Thats very nice bro, enjoy yourself.
PS.
I went to a USA Basketball game last summer in London. Thats a trip i will remeber my whole live. I had the chance to see Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Melo etc. all in the same building.
Watching Kobe doing work is something else his moves are unreal, You cant see everything on TV.
---------->
baller4life

Postby kidhell on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:54 am

Hi there - I have 11th row seats that are next to one of the tunnel entrances (so, an arena corner view of the court). We have 4 seats together and my brother and I will be using two of them for opening night against the Clippers on October 29th. I was about to list the other two on eBay and also on StubHub but if you might be interested, it would save me on fees to sell them directly to you. For opening night, I was expecting more like $400 per seat... maybe even more through eBay if they bid up... but it may be worth it to sell to you directly for your price and avoid those fees. The PR1 seats that you are looking at are much more centrally located but you are about 25 rows away from the court. It's just a matter of whether you want to be closer to the action or closer to center-court. I would think that you'd like to be closer to the actual game where you can even hear the players talking and feel the action on the floor. We sit directly behind where David Beckham had his seats courtside when he was here in L.A. As a season ticket holder I would be providing you with real printed, "hard" tickets rather than self-printing email tickets which are very forgeable, unlike the true tickets we get directly in our season ticket packet. Message me if you'd like to discuss more: kidhell@ix.netcom.com ...you're going to have a blast at your first ever Lakers game! We took friends of ours who were visiting from England and they had the time of their lives. Enjoy!
kidhell

Postby 987s on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:40 am

I know you're anxious about getting everything booked since you're coming from a long ways away and don't want to miss the season opener, but you more than likely would be overpaying if you book now.

The Lakers won't finish upgrades for season ticket holders for another week or so, and then they'll move people up from the waitlist. So many ticket holders don't even know where they are going to be sitting next season.

At the very least, wait until mid to late September when the tickets are mailed out to season ticket holders so that you'll have more tickets to choose from. You can safely either buy tickets from StubHub or the Laker's official Ticketexchange website.
987s

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:15 pm

kidhell wrote:Hi there - I have 11th row seats that are next to one of the tunnel entrances (so, an arena corner view of the court). We have 4 seats together and my brother and I will be using two of them for opening night against the Clippers on October 29th. I was about to list the other two on eBay and also on StubHub but if you might be interested, it would save me on fees to sell them directly to you. For opening night, I was expecting more like $400 per seat... maybe even more through eBay if they bid up... but it may be worth it to sell to you directly for your price and avoid those fees. The PR1 seats that you are looking at are much more centrally located but you are about 25 rows away from the court. It's just a matter of whether you want to be closer to the action or closer to center-court. I would think that you'd like to be closer to the actual game where you can even hear the players talking and feel the action on the floor. We sit directly behind where David Beckham had his seats courtside when he was here in L.A. As a season ticket holder I would be providing you with real printed, "hard" tickets rather than self-printing email tickets which are very forgeable, unlike the true tickets we get directly in our season ticket packet. Message me if you'd like to discuss more: kidhell@ix.netcom.com ...you're going to have a blast at your first ever Lakers game! We took friends of ours who were visiting from England and they had the time of their lives. Enjoy!

Do you sell other tickets too? Regular season games and such?

I might have to talk to you a little more. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby elev8d on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:24 pm

kidhell wrote:Hi there - I have 11th row seats

If only I saw knew this a few days ago ;)

Thanks for the offer and but I went ahead and booked already through Stubhub. Really appreciate the offer and I'm sure I would have loved those seats! I am happy with what I've booked though. Spoke to Stubhub and my hotel and I'm getting the tickets delivered there.

I get that I've probably paid more but as this is a 2 week trip, this is the last thing really that I had to book and I'm still glad that I have. I can't wait and really I think I would have been happy in the back row (maybe not for that price though........)

Thanks for the tips on parking too, I think the lot across the road sounds like the plan.

So prediction time...

Kobe - suiting up for the game or not??

Coincedentally I've been a Laker fan since pretty much the time he entered the league (moreso when Shaq got there) and part of the motivation for the trip now was to see him before he retired (booked tickets in Feb) now obviously I'll be disappointed not to see him play but I'm going for the Lakers team and the experience. But in a perfect world.. who thinks he'll be back?
elev8d

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:55 pm

I think it's HIS plan to be back, but I've never really counted on that. Achilles injuries are some of the hardest to recover from as an athlete and for him to make it back and be effective by opening day? That'd be a shock to me.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion