D-Fish down on the low block? Feedback.

Has Shaq been getting enough touches down low?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:30 pm

Yes
30%
No
69%

Total votes : 13

D-Fish down on the low block? Feedback.

Postby Briguy112184 on Sun May 11, 2003 7:30 pm

I dont know about you guys, but watching D-Fish on the low block in game #4 was amazing. He went 2 for 2 posting up on Parker. D-Fish is strong, powerful,and pretty quick down on the low block. I am not saying run the offense through Fish, but what about running that same play like 5-8 times next game. Parker and Claxton are not strong enough to body up with Fish down there. Fish could draw a big man down to him (like Duncan/Robinson/Rose) and drop a little pass to Shaq for the monster dunk. I think it would work pretty well, so let me know what you guys think. I know Jackson probably wont run it much, but how do you guys think it would work? :man13:
Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

"I don't like this feeling. I hate this feeling. I don't ever want to feel it again."
Kobe.
Briguy112184

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 11, 2003 7:37 pm

I agree with you that Parker and Claxton cannot match physically with Fisher in terms of strenght and bulk. So let him post and that could be a match up problem for the Spurs. If the Lakers can move Shaq out of the post once in a while, this will not only help Fisher in the post, but will also free up Kobe in his driving to the lane, which was intrumental for him to go to the line in Games 3 and 4 for a combine 36 times.

Otherwise, I also love Fish outside when he is making his 3s.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Great Point!!!

Postby Briguy112184 on Sun May 11, 2003 7:56 pm

:bow: Bow down to Derek Fish, best perecentage 3-pointers in the playoffs right now....tru that! Good point dogg.
Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

"I don't like this feeling. I hate this feeling. I don't ever want to feel it again."
Kobe.
Briguy112184

Postby Reddy on Sun May 11, 2003 8:16 pm

yep!
like the one today in transition as so pretty!
I voted shaq is getting enough touches because the way the suppoting cast and kobe is scoring.
fisher can hit his jumpshots
shaw can hit his treys
kobe does everything
and so on!
:bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby k8fanatic on Sun May 11, 2003 9:10 pm

i would say shaq should get a lil more touches. then the defense will collapse, and the other players have better open shots. and if the shooters do their jobs, the spurs can do nothing to stop the lakers
k8fanatic

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 11, 2003 9:44 pm

Hell look at Fishers size advantage over them! They don't have the muscle power he has! Fish can easily do that at any point in the game, and be successful offa that.. But I gotta say I didn't like how Shaq wasn't gettin the ball in the post for the start of the game... I don't like the idea of takin J's when Shaq doesn't touch the ball!! :man6:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby clublakers on Sun May 11, 2003 10:31 pm

Great observation Briguy112184 on the DFish postups on the Filthy Frenchman.

Clearly it was intentional and a called for by Cleamons. Reminded me of Mark Jackson's game. He loves to back down smaller guards... part of his game.

Keep that in the sack for Bibby in the next round.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 11, 2003 10:48 pm

ITS A GOOD POINT THAT FISH SHOULD POST.

SINCE A LOT OF QUICKER GUARDS TRIED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FISH ON ONE END WITH DRIVES AND SCREENS, THEN FISH SHOULD RETURN THE FAVOR AND POST THEM UP ON THE OTHER SIDE. GIVE THEM A DOSE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE.

IF THIS WAS DESIGNED BY JIM CLEAMONS, THEN MAJOR PROPS TO OUR SUPER ASSISTANT COACH!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

down low

Postby Guest on Mon May 12, 2003 12:16 am

Shaq should get the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME DOWNCOURT. Like Iverson said, if they gave it to him everytime, everyone would foul out.

I'll never understand why he goes 4 - 5 minutes without getting the ball at times. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Re: down low

Postby shaqass on Mon May 12, 2003 1:01 am

kobegotskillz wrote:Shaq should get the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME DOWNCOURT. Like Iverson said, if they gave it to him everytime, everyone would foul out.

I'll never understand why he goes 4 - 5 minutes without getting the ball at times. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I don't understand either. After the first half I called my sister who is a big but still inexperienced fan of basketball and the first thing she said was: what the f*** are they doing? Why don't they give the ball to Shaq!!! (and this is the "light" version of what she said :man12: ).

I don't want to see (well, why not!) Shaq taking 70 shoots a game but he should at least touch the ball on most of the possessions.
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 12, 2003 1:06 am

What I see most of the time, is that Shaq is on the week side, and that's prolly why he doesn't get enough touches in the post.. He already has a man on him trying to establish position, and then Shaq ends up gettin an offensive foul called.... Dayam this sux... But Shaq should be in the post where the ball is, and Kobe on the week side to get a dish off from Shaq when the defenders backs are to Kobe, or maybe the other way around...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 12, 2003 9:58 am

Allen Iverson was just knockin' on Kobe when he said that. We have had games where we throw it in to Shaq early on and almost every time down the floor. Remember the T-Wolves series? In the game we lost by 28 (game 2) Shaq had 15 first quarter points and we were down by double digits by the first minute or two of the second quarter. If you just pound it in to Shaq, the defense collapses and draws fouls on Shaq and even when they don't get shaq into foul trouble, they tire him with triple teams and the rest of the Lakers (including Kobe) don't get warmed up so then we go through a huge drought where we can't score when Shaq sits down and then by the time he comes back, we are 10-20 points in the hole and the defense can totally key on Shaq down low. Shaq can and will get his no matter what type of offense we run, so using him to get Fisher, George and Horry involved is a better idea, and let Kobe handle himself.

Derek needs to tire Parker and Claxton like Shaq tires David Robinson, Malik Rose and Kevin Willis...wear them down by using your size as an advantage...you will take the effectiveness out of their jump shot!
Snakell Beast

Postby Reddy on Mon May 12, 2003 6:19 pm

but guys
spurs arent going for the doubleteam on shaq.
everyones staying with their guy.
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue May 13, 2003 10:11 am

They will if they get a big lead...
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue May 13, 2003 1:52 pm

Before everyone starts tripping about Shaq not getting the ball enough in the post, they better make sure that Shaq actually makes those opportunities.

In Game 4, he did not actually have a good shooting game on the floor. He's free throws made saved him. Tell him to stop shooting those fruity jumpers and just dunk/layups. More power game and lessen the hook shots.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby 4Rings on Tue May 13, 2003 3:22 pm

The Lakers should force feed that ball into Shaq until San Antonio vomits. I don't understand why the Lakers don't give it to him more often. And we all can't blame Kobe for this.....there have several times I have seen Rush, George, and Fisher look at Shaq and then dribble the ball away from him.

I just want Shaquille to be careful out there today because you know the refs are gonna be whistle happy on the Lakers offensive end. San Antonio plans on turning up the defense. And we know they are gonna get the calls. I hope the Lakers win this game. This game will show me what they are made of.
4Rings

Postby GuEsT on Wed May 14, 2003 11:18 am

the poll should be "Is Shaq playing defense".Last night I watched David Robinson out hustle him for 5 rebounds that should have been shaqs'.I saw tony parker drive in the lane with shaq(hands down)do nothing but watch the ball go in the net.When he did put his hands up tony parker missed.....PLAY DEFENSE BOX OUT DO ALL THE FUNDAMENTALS SHAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Remember his quote "if you dont feed the big dog then the dog wont guard the yard" is he doing it again!

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 14, 2003 11:50 am

"Remember his quote "if you dont feed the big dog then the dog wont guard the yard" is he doing it again!"

Yeah, he always does that when he feels like he isn't getting enough shots. It always amazes me! As lazy and lethargic as he is on a regular basis, and as much work in the offseason as he avoids, he still manages to make it look like (year after year) he is getting screwed by his teammates who are not rewarding him for his "hard work" He would actually retire from the game of basketball if he got rewarded for hard work, recognition for sacrifice and respect for quality teamwork at the % that Kobe does...
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 3:58 pm

See that sux.... If Shaq wants another ring, then play some D! Defence leads to easy buckets!! Come on Shaq don't be like this..!! The team isn't screwing him, they're just trying to find their touch... He's not makin his shots in the post, and the refs aren't gonna give us the calls... So unless they play aggressive and knock their shots, and stop complain to the refs, play some D, then we'll be aight!!! :man7:
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion