Fisher can take a hike.

Postby LAKERCHICK on Sat May 31, 2003 6:38 pm

YOU RIGHT I SHOULDENT LET HIM GET TO ME I'M COO NOW. :man5: :man10:
Devean George
LAKERCHICK

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 31, 2003 10:30 pm

Derek Fisher has been an instrumental component to our three-peat and we need to respect that by signing him for the rest of his career. The last time he averaged less than 25 minutes a game (22.6, a minute or two more than what he would get as our back up next season) he averaged 6.3 ppg, 2.8 apg, 1.8 rpg, 1.03 spg if you can find a point guard that we can get for the minimum contract that can get stats that well rounded, provide the proven leadership and hustle/heart we know he has, be as tough and durable as he has been, have the drive, determination and the will to win of D-Fish AND give us the experience of three championship seasons in a row IN THE TRIANGLE with SHAQ and KOBE, then I might agree...As long as the guy's name ISN'T Pippen...
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:37 am

what if the only opportunity to get ARENAS was to trade FISHER?
would you pull the trigger? or would you stay committed to FISHER because of his past LAKER heriocs?

I also think FISHER was instrumental during our championship reign. He has tremendous heart and an unselfish player supreme. But, in todays society its called "what have you done for me lately?" I would like it if FISHER retires as a Laker but I would not let it blind me for the sake of the team. If there was a chance to get ARENAS and the ONLY way was to trade FISHER then for the SAKE of the TEAM I would trade FISHER. I know a lot of " die hard Fisher fans" would be hurt but, its for the best of the team. Remember that PLAYERS come and go but the FRANCHISE will also be here.....

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Danny Ainge on Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:31 pm

If it was for Arenas I'd say trade Fish, otherwise I have no preconceived notions on how to abolish Fish from LakerLand.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:27 pm

I think we could always convince the team to take Rush in Fisher's stead. Kareem is a huge gamble and I don't know if he will EVER be on Derek's level, so I would rather part with Kareem, but if we could get Arenas and we absolutely HAD TO dump fisher, It would damn near kill me inside (because I identify with him, he's like my brother almost, because we have a lot in common) but I would accept it...I'm just saying if it were up to me and I could get the Terry Ratliff trade in Arenas' stead I would leap at that and keep Fisher, because JT AND Theo gives us TWO quality players and we have no more issues with dead bodies @ PF plus we don't have to have Pargo warped into a role he can't yet handle...
Snakell Beast

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion