Fisher can take a hike.

Fisher can take a hike.

Postby Couchdonkey on Tue May 27, 2003 2:29 pm

Does anyone remember the days when Fisher would come off the bench for Van Exel and play intense, hard-nosed, dive-on-the-floor defense? What happened to that guy? Nowadays every guard that comes to town is guaranteed to pour in 30+ points. Granted, the West has some pretty talented guards, but Fisher almost made Troy Hudson famous. As a Laker fan I cannot take anymore of his one-dimensional play. Having a guy get hot and score 20+ is great. But, when you consistently give up more than you score, you need to make some changes. His salary could be used much more effectively in a guard that doesn't get scorched every night. How about packaging him and Samaki "clueless" Walker for a bag of balls and some extra shoestrings, then going after a solid PG who can play some "D"? Huh, Kupchak? Whaddya think?
Couchdonkey

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 27, 2003 2:46 pm

I would take the BOX OF SHOE STRINGS... lol
FISHER/WALKER and I would add RUSH to that group along with one of our draft pick. Maybe we could move up in the draft if there are any takers for these three. Detriot are you interested? how about the Nuggets trade yah your draft pick. We probably only going to get a box of SHOE STRINGS for those three guys... lol
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm

Derek Fisher is (70-90% of the time) responsible to guard BOTH the pick man and the roll man and when you have two defensive assignments you have to choose which one to take and it is repeatedly a split second decision. I love D-Fish as a BACKUP but he tends to get tired out and over run as a starter. His intensity, leadership, knowledge of the offense and crunch time grit are welcomed off of the bench, but they slowly dissipate if he is forced to start....
Snakell Beast

D-Fish

Postby Magic32 on Tue May 27, 2003 5:44 pm

ok i have never posted on these forums before but all this talk about wanting to trade fish is pissing me off :mad1: ....couchdonkey u either smoke crack and don't watch lakers games or u are just a fake fan because Fish has had that intense hard-nosed,dive-on-the-floor defense all season, just cuz he doesn't always score a lot of points doesnt mean he isn't doing his job, but i have to agree with u on what u said about samaki, he needs to go, as for fish, he needs to stay right at home with the lakers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The dynasty never ends
***Real Lakers fan***
Magic32

Postby BDG on Tue May 27, 2003 5:53 pm

haha you should register Magic32. DFish is a bulldog!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LAKERCHICK on Tue May 27, 2003 6:32 pm

what the hell are you talking about nothing is wrong with D-Fish he still dives on tha floor for the ball hes a pretty active playa. So I don't know what your talking bout. :man7: :man4: :what:
Devean George
LAKERCHICK

FISHER

Postby sjf_1983 on Tue May 27, 2003 8:01 pm

fisher, is great. whut are you talkin about d-fisher needs to go?!?! he is our 3rd scoring option! even though he sometimes does not hit from the outside! and he cant defend!! whut?!?! :bang: whoever said that is stupid! yah he was not defending hudson and he was makin him look like a star! but the whole laker team went through spurts of not even playing defense!! fisher needs to stay and next year he might be commin off the bench! fisher is a great player and plays hard every night!! fisher stays!! :jam2:
sjf_1983

told ya

Postby Magic32 on Tue May 27, 2003 8:13 pm

yo thx for all u real lakers fans backin me up, and dunkgiant i would register but i wanna find a cool pick of magic johnson and i dunno how to do that, hook me up wit one and ill probly register, by the way sweet snoop pic, he big pimpin, i love dat dude.
Magic32

Postby LAKERCHICK on Tue May 27, 2003 8:19 pm

HEY HOW BOUT MY DEVEAN PIC??? :man13: :man1: :man12:
Devean George
LAKERCHICK

Postby Magic32 on Tue May 27, 2003 8:26 pm

ya george is the shizzle too
Magic32

Postby LAKERCHICK on Tue May 27, 2003 8:31 pm

4-SHO
HEY I FOUND A PIC 4 U GO TO LAKERS.COM THEN GO UNDER HISTORY SCROLL ALL THA WAY DOWN AND YOULL FIND A PIC OF MAGIC GOING FOR A DUNK. SORRY WOULD OF PUT IT ON MY POST BUT MY COMP. IS BEING A [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] RIGHT NOW. :mad1: :man1: :jam2:
Devean George
LAKERCHICK

Postby Magic32 on Tue May 27, 2003 8:33 pm

haha thx
Magic32

Postby Magic32 on Tue May 27, 2003 8:36 pm

omg that pic is beautiful, thx a bunch
Magic32

Postby LAKERCHICK on Tue May 27, 2003 8:37 pm

UR WELCOME
R U GONNA USE IT FOR YOUR AVATOR??? :jam2:
Devean George
LAKERCHICK

Postby Snake Eyes on Tue May 27, 2003 8:41 pm

OK the LAkers need D-Fish. He is a type of player that will score points when needed and Fish is a type of player that will dive on the floor to save or steal the ball. He is a very under rated player. Fish would be A GREAT backup too if the Lakers were to sign Gary Payton. Fish shouldnt leave. Thats my final answer. 4 who ever came up with this topic i have to :man10: . (no offense to you)
Snake Eyes

Postby LAKERCHICK on Tue May 27, 2003 8:43 pm

4-SHOW
I FEEL YA ON THAT
Devean George
LAKERCHICK

Magic32

Postby Magic32 on Tue May 27, 2003 8:43 pm

yup, lol i found a whole bunch of other cool pics i got, i got some tight kobe pics, and i got some cool Tupac pics but my username is magic32 hehe, i dunno i might change it overtime, but back to the topic of the forum,i really think next year dfish will be a huge help for the lakers.
The Laker dynasty will never end.
Magic32

Postby LAKERCHICK on Tue May 27, 2003 8:49 pm

aight then thats kewl just trying to help out. :jam2: :man1:
Devean George
LAKERCHICK

Magic32

Postby Magic32 on Tue May 27, 2003 8:50 pm

hmm for some reason that pic isn't workin, i registered and everything just dunno why it aint workin.
The Laker dynasty will never end.
Magic32

Postby LAKERCHICK on Tue May 27, 2003 8:55 pm

OHH YAH CLUBLAKER SAID THAT IT WASENT WORKING PROPERLY RIGHT NOW HE SAID YOU CAN EMAIL HIM OR SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TELLING HIM WHAT PIC YOU WANT. :jam2:
Devean George
LAKERCHICK

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 27, 2003 9:54 pm

LOL.. ... FISHER was great during our 3 consecutive title run but are you guys blind?.... FISHER CANNOT create his own shot.....SUCKS in running the fast breaks.............. CANNOT breakdown his defender........... IS a WEAK finisher..........IS A STREAKY 3 point shooter........ CANNOT hit a mid JUMPer....... Has LOST A STEP due to foot surgery enabling him to be a liability in defense ( just look at the PG's who had career games against us..... shall I list them?:
EARL BOYKINS- smoked FISH for like 27 points (TWICE)
TROY HUDSON- a carreer 9.6 pts a game but FISH made look like an allstar
MIKE BIBBY- better thank FISH for that FAT CONTRACT he signed... made him look like a superstar last season
ANDRE MILLER-struggled all year but not against the LAKERS thank to you know who
and of course the other PG's in the west are ALLSTARS.. who of course owns FISHER..... the FRANCIS'/MARBURY/NASH/Van Exel....etc
You can't deny FISH has HEART but you also can't deny that his best game has probably left him. FISH is a GOOD reserved guard now at best.
The money that he is getting paid is for the championships he won we us. It would benefit the team more if his salary was spent on a premiere point guard. how much is he getting paid? 4 to 5 million a year? way too much. He does try to play hard "D" but he can't will his body anymore. True he is a bulldog. His bark is worse than his bite nowadays.
KOBE OUR REAL MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 27, 2003 10:18 pm

Fisher isn't an ordinary pg.. He has his own game, and his game doesnt revolve around comparisons to other players... That's BS if u do that. And his SIZE makes him more versitile on the floor, cuz he has that power to back in smaller defenders. Fish can take a hit or 5, and he keeps on histlin on loose balls? How many pg's in the league take charges from pf? How many pg's in the league dive for loose balls even if a center is closer to the ball?? That's what I thought.. And if any of ya'll are gonna tell me otherwise, then ya'll need some eyes, or something to fixed ur impared vision.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 27, 2003 10:54 pm

I wear my contacts when I watched the game.....LOL
but you know what?... I HAVE NEVER SEEN FISHER USE HIS SIZE TO POST UP A SMALLER DEFENDER... is it just me or has he ever used his size to his advantage?.... you know all 6'1" ..... I am not sayin he not tough I'm saying his glory days are probably behind him. He's best at a reserve role. If an oppotunity came when we have to choose a young promising guard and FISHER... I'd take the new guard. FISH is playing with only heart right now which more than I can say for WALKER. I appreciate that he sacrifices his body out there... but maybe if his feet was quicker he wouldn't need to take so much abuse when his only way of defending nowadays is to take a charge. I am not saying to trade him. I am merely stating the obvious. However, if a trade permits ....I would be for it.

KOBE OUR REAL MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 28, 2003 12:22 am

Hey!! Mah contacts... LMAO :man10:

Nah but back to reality.. Fish really hasn't used his size to his advantage by postin smaller guards up.. He was successful a few times on Parker in the SA series. I wouldn't give up Fish yet for many reasons... He can use his size to the best of his ability, and plays should be drawn up for him to do us, He gives 110 % effort, and he makes up for his turnovers on the defensive end, by sacrificing his body for the team. That kind of motivation will lead his teammates to fast breaks, and easy bucket opportunities... :man12:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 28, 2003 12:51 am

Derek shoots a career playoff 3PT% of around 60%. I'd say that is NOT streaky at all. The problem is that he is like may guards in the triangle, he is a stand and shoot player and not a drive in PG. That is ok when we have a fuller team, but now we need a guy that isn't great outside but can get a shot when he needs to, like GP, GA or JT. But D-Fish, if we get a real TEAM again, will be suddenly back to a weapon because if anyone remembers, his '01 playoffs were AFTER BOTH foot injuries, so it is our team (which placed too much on his shoulders while not giving him enough shots to produce, partly because we lacked the spacing) that needs to improve, not D-Fish...
Snakell Beast

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion