why this is a :freak2: :freak2: :freak2: RUMOR
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby SWOL on Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:47 pm

can someone explain why this is in both RUMORS and SMACK
SWOL

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:08 am

Why would the bucks want to trade D. Mason??? They are trying to rebuild with D. Mason and TJ Ford!!
zetaw00d

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:26 am

This is the Snakell Beast,

Well, I'm thinking that they want to get a proven player at point guard in D-Fish so they can bring TJ along slowly and not rush him in too soon. I am all for this trade if it is a real possibility. With the addition of mason (14.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg) we can move George to SG to back Desmond up and make Walton Kobe's back up. Pargo won't get any time to develop if Fisher and Payton (who will sign a MULTI-YEAR Deal) are around and to be honest, Pargo has more upside and potential than Derek and probably more offense. I love D-Fish, but it is time to build for Kobe, and Desmond would allow Kobe to play off-ball SF, and would enable him to do something he is better at than most know, REBOUND. Having the kind of mid court skill and versatility that we would after this trade (Kobe/Mason/George/Walton/Fox) and with Front court youngsters to develop (Chenowith, Cook, Leon Smith, John Thomas) means we are making roster changes and it makes me think we are going to start building a much more athletic, well rounded and (most importantly) Kobe-friendly roster, a smart move for the FUTURE of this team and in time to kick in and save us just as the Malone/GP days of rings and parades are ending...

Re: NONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!

Postby LakersFan2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:08 pm

LuvLakers4life wrote::man6: no :man6: no :man6: no :man6: no :man6: no :man6: This can't be true!!! They can't do this to my baby!!! What are they stupid??? They can't just trade him. They're not gonna have a back-up PG. Idiots!!! :man7: :panic2: :nono2: :nono5: I want a refund on my jersey... No what am I saying. I would never do that to my baby. OMG... They are so f*cking stupid... God... I am so gonna die if they trade him. I love him so much... He's my favorite player ever and in my heart he'll always be the best. My heart will break if they trade him... :man6: no :man6: no :man6: no :man6: no :man6:

Let's pour on the rumors regarding Fisher trades. I wanna get this stupid chick all riled up! Hahaha :)
LakersFan2003

Postby SWOL on Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:31 pm

FISHER IS AN AVERAGE PLAYER AT BEST........WE HAVE GARY PAYTON......WHY IS EVERYONE SWINGING FROM FISHERS JOCK STRAP????TRADE HIS [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
SWOL

Postby SWOL on Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:31 pm

NAME ONE TEAM IN THE WESTERN CONFRENCE HE COULD START FOR?????????
SWOL

Postby lalgirl3 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:38 pm

As much as I would hate to see Derek go, we have to do what we have to do. I really havent paied much attention to D. Mason except for a couple of games he played vs. the Lakers. He did a pretty good job.
If we trade Derek I'll be hurt but this is a business. They have to do things that we as fans may hate or love but they have to do what they have to do to get back the championship title the rightfully belongs to us.
lalgirl3

Postby Ring It Up on Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:56 pm

swolswol wrote:FISHER IS AN AVERAGE PLAYER AT BEST........WE HAVE GARY PAYTON......WHY IS EVERYONE SWINGING FROM FISHERS JOCK STRAP????TRADE HIS [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
Its possible he may be an average player, I dont know if I would agree with that statement, but he can still shoot very well. And I dont think we should trade away the backup point guard that has alot of experience in the offense. Thats just my thoughts. As good as Pargo may become, he isnt there yet. We want to win now, dont we?
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby SWOL on Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:14 pm

what ever makes our team better........if a trade makes us better ship his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] outta town.....if not keep him........bottom line Desmond Mason is better than Fish
SWOL

Re: hmmmmmmm

Postby LakersFan2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:19 pm

xanadu wrote:guy's you can't fall in love with roleplayers. the only players on the team who you can't trade are #34 & #8..... if fisher does not have a role on new and improved lakers then i'm all for trading him for someone who can play the role we'll need to be played, like a shooting forward because I don't think we can get a decent big man for fish.... i don't know just my opinion.

Can't fall in love with role players? Role players help you win championships. They help prevent injuries to your star players. If Gary Payton has to play 40 min at 35 yrs old, he could get injured (same with Malone). Having good, solid backups, lets the starting players maximize their efficiency instead of tiring themselves out.
LakersFan2003

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:24 pm

Sure Desmond may be better than Fish, but he isn't better for this team. That's like sayin that T-Wack is better for the Lakers, than Kobe is... It just doesn't make sence. Fish has been around and he knows the triangle. We wanna win championships next season, not later on. SO let's keep Fish, cuz he's a good 3 point shooter, and has a size advantage over smaller guards. He takes a hit, and draws charges. He's way better for the team than Mason is, and that's a fact.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SWOL on Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:31 pm

the triangle if you know anything about basketball.....does not require a pure point guard.......if you pay attention Phil likes bigger, athletic guards.....He cant create his own shot, he is a liability on D, and has the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ball handeling skillz of any PG in the league......you should watch the games instead of using them as an excuse to get drunk :freak2:
SWOL

Postby thelakeshow on Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:51 pm

i much as i love d fish i really want this to happen i think mason can really play and is a player that can really run with kobe so its gonna be high lights time and down the lines hes gonna be a really good player and fisher is not gonna get any better then he is
thelakeshow

Postby joshua on Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:54 pm

1 western conference team that fisher could start for????
hmmm......i'm sure there is one, but i just can't put my finge
oh, oh yeah it's the lakers
joshua

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:56 pm

swolswol wrote:the triangle if you know anything about basketball.....does not require a pure point guard.......if you pay attention Phil likes bigger, athletic guards.....He cant create his own shot, he is a liability on D, and has the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ball handeling skillz of any PG in the league......you should watch the games instead of using them as an excuse to get drunk :freak2:

Yo know what I think u should do?? I think u need to get a reality check that all PG's dont need to have GREAT ball handling skills, as long as they can handle the ball, and get their men set up. He's more of a team player, and he needs to set Kobe and Shaq up to keep them happy, which I care more about. Of course Phil likes bigger PG's but that's where he messed up with Kareem on.. He aint a PG but he insisted on him playin that position. As long as Fish can get the job done, which he's been doin, then there aint no point of this thread existing. So take ur head outta ur [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], and open up ur eyes. Sure quicker guards get passed him, but he aint the only player, and no player can contain any other players, except for Shaq.
LakersGyrl2003

team loyalty

Postby LakersFan2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:03 pm

thelakeshow wrote:i much as i love d fish i really want this to happen i think mason can really play and is a player that can really run with kobe so its gonna be high lights time and down the lines hes gonna be a really good player and fisher is not gonna get any better then he is

I agree that Fisher is not the best point guard out there. However, one thing that he brings to this team, is team loyalty. To me, Derek Fisher is simiar to Brian Shaw. Loyal to his team, and a hard worker. Does things that don't come up in the stat sheet. Dives for loose balls, draws the charge, etc. Desmond Mason is young, and if he improves, is likely to leave the Lakers to sign a big contract elsewhere. You always need a few marquee players, and some solid, loyal role players... guys that aren't going to bolt the moment a bigger contract comes up. I can totally see Desmond leaving the Lakers for a bigger contract since his numbers will undoubtedly increase with more open space.

Can Desmond run with Kobe and provide some sweet highlight dunks? Yes. But can Fish provide some nice energy off the bench 15 minutes or so a game? Definitely. Derek Fisher COULD make more money elsewhere (if Mutombo can make $19 million/yr to sit on his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], Derek can make the midlevel as a starting guard in the Eastern conference) but he hasnt' done that. Mason only makes $1.8 ... trust me when I say the moment he gets offered a decent deal for more than $1.8, he's out there door.
LakersFan2003

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:09 pm

Forgive me for saying this but if I had the opportunity to acquire Desmond Mason for Derek Fisher, I'd do it in a heart beat. Mason is not only an exceotional athlete but hes also one hell of a defender. The only possible problem I see here is the fact that Pargo is still very young and experienced I love the guy's game but is he ready? Just for the sake of fantasy lets consider our possible starting line-ups potential if we added Desmond.

Payton=Great defender and creator
Bryant=Greatest player in the NBA right now
Mason=Great defender, slasher, finisher
Malone=Second all time leading scorer in NBA history
O'Neal=Most dominant player in NBA history
Danny Ainge

Postby SWOL on Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:14 pm

he is a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] defender, you have [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] knowledge of the game, anything you write is horse [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], they have never tried to move Kareem Rush to point guard, you should just read the postings and the news if you dont know what the hell you are talkin about, anything you post in the future i will disreguard as [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].....
SWOL

Postby SWOL on Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:15 pm

thats to you lakergyrl
SWOL

what!?!?!

Postby LakersFan2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:28 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:
swolswol wrote:the triangle if you know anything about basketball.....does not require a pure point guard.......if you pay attention Phil likes bigger, athletic guards.....He cant create his own shot, he is a liability on D, and has the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ball handeling skillz of any PG in the league......you should watch the games instead of using them as an excuse to get drunk :freak2:

Yo know what I think u should do?? I think u need to get a reality check that all PG's dont need to have GREAT ball handling skills, as long as they can handle the ball, and get their men set up. He's more of a team player, and he needs to set Kobe and Shaq up to keep them happy, which I care more about. Of course Phil likes bigger PG's but that's where he messed up with Kareem on.. He aint a PG but he insisted on him playin that position. As long as Fish can get the job done, which he's been doin, then there aint no point of this thread existing. So take ur head outta ur [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], and open up ur eyes. Sure quicker guards get passed him, but he aint the only player, and no player can contain any other players, except for Shaq.

What!?! This girl is crazy ... how does a PG not need to have great ball handling skills. That is probably THE most important skill a PG needs to have. Why do you think Jason Kidd is considered one of the best, if not THE best, point guard in the league? Because of his ability to set up Kenyon Martin in the post? lol ... it's because he has great speed and is able to handle the ball so well at that speed. John Stockton ... Magic Johnson ... all excellent ball handlers.

To say a PG doesn't need great ball handling skills is like saying a center doesn't need to be strong. Strength and power and knowing how to use it is the essence of a center. Ball handling is the essence of the guards (why do you think they're called guards? lol)

This chick ... she dumb. :)
LakersFan2003

Postby Coppertop on Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:37 pm

First of all, somebody get this guy outta here to cool off a bit. Secondly, Derek Fisher cannot create his own shot, that is true. I am going to tell you something though. The only people I hear talking about how Derek Fisher can't play defense are the people who aren't close to the NBA. That means media and fans. NBA players, coaches, former players and former coaches, don't think he is that bad. THEY REALIZE THAT SHAQ HAS BEEN A LAZY DONKEY ON DEFENSE FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS IN DEFENDING PICK AND ROLLS. Derek is not a great man to man defender anymore, injuries and age have done it to him. But there is nobody better in the league at drawing a charge, no one better at HELP defense at the PG position. Does he get burned? Yes. Is this his fault? Only sometimes. And anyone who says Derek Fisher is not a good ballhandler is a FOOL. Yes, a FOOL. Just because he doesn't do Jason Williams tricks with the ball does not mean he is not a good ballhandler. Look at his turnover rate, that will tell you. Fisher is a darn good ballhandler. As soon as Shaq stops being lazy, Fisher will suddenly become a good defender again. The Lakers as a whole sucked on defense last year, mostly because of Shaq's mobility issues. Championships are won with team defense, not brilliant one on one defense. Fisher has won more championships than any other guard in the league right now except for Steve Kerr. And he wasn't sitting on the bench for them like Kerr was.

Bottomline, Fish is not a great defender, but he is a solid, Phil Jackson style point guard who shouldn't be bashed for the Lakers problem. If we had a little more Derek in the team, we would've won last year too.
Coppertop

Postby Coppertop on Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:44 pm

You know what fellas, I'm sick of this crap. She isn't dumb and here's why...

PG's who have won championships without "great" ballhandling skills.

Avery Johnson, John Paxson, RON HARPER (yeah, Bulls PG, whatever), Derek Fisher, Dennis Johnson. That leaves Magic and Isiah and Tony Parker as the only "great" ballhandlers (point guards) who have won championships since 1984.

What the heck are you looking for in a great ballhandler? You know what, Fisher is the best ballhandler on the team and here's why...He turns the ball over the least. True, in the triangle a traditional point guard is not needed. But for what we need in a point guard as far as ballhandling, Fisher does a solid job. I guarantee you Payton will turn the ball over more next year than Fisher did this year. Fisher gets the ball where it needs to go, does it efficiently, and that's all the Lakers need from him.
Coppertop

Postby SWOL on Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:44 pm

his turnover rate is low because Kobe handels the ball.......there is alot more to defense than taking a charge, if you are not a good on ball defender, you dont play the passing lanes well, you dont block shots and you get your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] abused by your man time and time again.....how exactly are you a good defender
SWOL

Gotta support my boy !

Postby D's Gyrl / GUEST on Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:46 pm

To all the Fisher Hater's...... Without Derek Fisher L.A would not have the three rings they have. How quickly you all forget all those times he has made three's to bail out the rest of our precious lakers. Defensive.. yeah he plays defense too....and takes quality charges ( that have also sometimes saved our butts)....i would love to have a player as DEDICATED as Fisher on any team. You can buy skillz but you can't buy LOYALTY AND DEDICAITION!!!!!!! :mad1:
D's Gyrl / GUEST

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion