Fisher summoned by the Lakers Officials -- Fish Trade Rumors

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:10 pm

I'm not policing anyone in fact I talk the most crap on this board anyhow and I've made anti-Lakers cry. Its just that Clublakers the host advises me that I should be more responsible in what I say and ensure that others do as well. All I'm trying to say here is that we are all Laker fans hence we are on the same team.Am I ruining things when I say hey lets talk about Lucious Harris rather than explaining to the world why LakerGyrl is so very stupid and should be presented with a stupid award evertime she makes a post which is by my count quite alot.
Last edited by Danny Ainge on Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Ainge

Postby SWOL on Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:10 pm

everybody freeze nobody moves
lol lol
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby SWOL on Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:12 pm

put your hands were i can see them
SWOL

Postby SWOL on Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:13 pm

lets just give her the award and be done with it
SWOL

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:14 pm

agreed the ESPYS are tonight and then we will be through with this situation
Danny Ainge

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:41 pm

What the hell are ya'll's problems??? What hell hole have ya'll been put in??? Rush has been playin the point, which is why ya'll have been under a rock for the past year. Why u think Pargo's been gettin more time at the PG position in the playoffs than him? PJ likes taller PG's and that was his reason for playin him there. He doesn't have ball handlin skills like he should cuz that's not his natural position. I aint gonna flame anyone here anymore, cuz it's not even worth it. But if ya'll are gonna sit here and tell me that u dont remember this, then ya'll must not have been watchin for the past season, 4real...
LakersGyrl2003

hmmm

Postby LakersFan2003 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:46 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:What the hell are ya'll's problems??? What hell hole have ya'll been put in??? Rush has been playin the point, which is why ya'll have been under a rock for the past year. Why u think Pargo's been gettin more time at the PG position in the playoffs than him? PJ likes taller PG's and that was his reason for playin him there. He doesn't have ball handlin skills like he should cuz that's not his natural position. I aint gonna flame anyone here anymore, cuz it's not even worth it. But if ya'll are gonna sit here and tell me that u dont remember this, then ya'll must not have been watchin for the past season, 4real...

Are you a natural blond? LOL
Is there anyone in here, anyone please, that think Kareem Rush plays PG. LOL. Just find me one person. And LakersGyrl2003, no changing your screen name ... I want to see if there is anyone in here who genuinely believes Kareem Rush plays point guard for the Los Angeles Lakers.

LakersGyrl2003, I saw Samaki Walker bring the ball up once. Guess, he's a point guard too. *shrug*
LakersFan2003

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:51 pm

IT'S NOT HIS NATURAL POSITION!!! DAYAM!! What the hell don't u understand about what I was sayin!!!?? Man... PJ had him playin PG, what about that dont u understand??? Man....
LakersGyrl2003

huh?

Postby LakersFan2003 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:01 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:IT'S NOT HIS NATURAL POSITION!!! DAYAM!! What the hell don't u understand about what I was sayin!!!?? Man... PJ had him playin PG, what about that dont u understand??? Man....

What about that don't I understand? The whole thing actually. In what way did Phil have Kareem Rush playing PG? When they had two SG on the floor (Kobe/Kareem) they were really just playing two SG with Kobe bringing up the ball (which makes Kobe really more of a PG). Sometimes Shaq brings up the ball (on rare occasion), but that doesn't mean he's playing the PG position and that he's just "out of his natural position" LOL. That's pretty funny.

Are you being ... for real? I mean ... are you being serious, or are you just messing around? I'd find it hard to believe anybody would seriously believe that Kareem Rush played the point, out of natural position or not. If you're just messing around, let's have a serious discussion. Your whole Kareem Rush point guard isn't even funny anymore ... I think it's bordering on ... sad.
LakersFan2003

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:06 pm

What are u talkin about??? Look... It doesn't matter who brings the ball-up court, aight? I aint talkin about that, nor am i referring to that. Let me give an example... I clearly remember Stu talkin about how PJ puts Rush in at PG, but since he cant handle the ball, his confidence has been low. Sure players play other positions, like how Kobe plays the 3 at times, but I'm referrin to the times when George, Kobe and Rush are on the court at the same time, aight? Maybe somewhere between the lines u got lost a bit, or maybe u were just assumin somethin about what I was sayin.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:06 pm

Can't we all just get along?
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:08 pm

I dont have a problem.... I'm just defendin mahself... :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SWOL on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:38 pm

ok ill be nice .....in that sit. kobe is more of a PG .... he will both guard the other teams 1 and handle the rock
SWOL

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:53 pm

so.... hows about Fish going away in exchange for Mason?
Danny Ainge

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:55 pm

The triangle can favor big guards, because it really doesn't call for prototypical point guards to initiate the offense. That's why Pippen could have come in here next year and seriously been labeled a Point Forward. Pretty much anybody can bring up the rock and initiate the offense when it comes to the triangle....the triangle is unlike any other offense because you don't need a traditional point guard to initiate the offense. That is why it is so easy to slide Kobe over to the 3 spot last year, when Fox was out and George was hobbled. Fisher is in no way a typical point guard (he is more like a shooting guard), but he still was labeled under that position because of his body type. The only problem that lies in labeling proper positions is on the defensive side. The offense has the triangle, so anybody could initiate it, but on defense, a point guard on the other team is small and has great handles, and it would be harder for Kobe/Pippen/Rush to guard him. So this is where the typical PG will come in. That is why Payton was a priority to us even though our glaring problem was PF. Payton can score, and there's no doubt about that, but he made his name, The Glove, off of his defense. Where Fisher got scorched last year, Payton will succeed. So in a way everybody, Lakergyrl, Lakerfan, and Swolswol were all right, but the triangle is just a real complicated offense and thats where everybody has a difference in opinions.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:57 pm

So I wasn't right ehh?...JK yeah good point VS17 it really does not matter who brings up the ball as long as we win
Danny Ainge

agreed

Postby LakersFan2003 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:19 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:So I wasn't right ehh?...JK yeah good point VS17 it really does not matter who brings up the ball as long as we win

I agree. It doesn't matter. But I don't want to sit here and debate something that "... Stu said..." It's clear to pretty much everyone who knows basketball, that Rush never really played the point. I think Stu, if he even said that, was mistaken. He once said the score was like 31-28 when it was really 31-38 but like I said, he was mistaken.

Anyways, bottom line... it doesn't matter who brings the ball up. But, it's just silly to come in here and talk about Kareem playing the point. It's like you're almost tryin to prove you know something ... but then ... everyone realizes you don't.

And in the famous, overused words of LakersGyrl2003 ...

"Aight?"
LakersFan2003

Postby Calballer7 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:16 pm

It's clear to pretty much everyone who knows basketball, that Rush never really played the point.

LakrFan, even though his tact isn't the best, he is right. In accordance with the Triangle Rush never played the point or the point forward position. In the Triangle offensively, he always played the shooter position. Much the same way Steve Kerr did in Chicago. He did guard the other teams point guard; however, he never had the task of initiating the offense. This is Phil Jackson we are talking about here. A rookie, unless he is lebron James caliber (And maybe not even then) will never initiate a Phil Jackson run triangle.
Calballer7

Postby SWOL on Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:48 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:so.... hows about Fish going away in exchange for Mason?

Yo take that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in a heart beat man .... Mason can play ... D / hit jumpers / fill the lane / and finish like a mofo
SWOL

Postby SWOL on Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:50 pm

yo D.A. should you be worring about the Celts. I mean arent you try trade the most overrated player in sports Toine Walker
SWOL

Postby kobe834 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:28 pm

Hell no, D-Fish losing his starting spot was enough anyway. Now you wanna trade him? No Way too many changes.
kobe834

Postby lakers frizzo on Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:40 pm

if we trade fish [size=24]at all [/size]i hope it is in a package with fox for a young dominant player at any position because fox is in his tail end of his career and makes 5+mill/year and fish gets 3mill/yr and that would get us a realy good player in return and for teams interested fox has said he would retire if traded and teams looking to build for next year would jump at the chance at a good shooter at bu pg and a player that will save you $ next year.think of who we could get if we had a team looking for the future if we could package these two and a draft pick next year to get a player like arenas to get on the boat we would get young and talented realy quick!!! cmon we already know we will win the title this year lets start now on making this a fourpeat+!!!!! with a trade like this we would only need to add another player next year to stay dominant!!

just think if cook and walton fullfill their potential we could be set to win as long as buss keeps the wallet open!
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby Deacon Showtime on Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:09 am

[b]Frizzo I agree about that type of trade except for that fact of losing Fish. We need him to bak up GP and I think Pargo needs at least 2 more years. But if we got an Arenas or a young bigger talent like an Odom or a Gasol than that trade would be awesome! :man13: But i say we keep Fish and wait til around the trade deadline to c how he reacts to his 6th man role.
Lakers 4 VIVA :jam2:
Deacon Showtime

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:30 am

we dont need mason

we need another C and another shooter... thats all

about the PG position... you guys gotta remember... Ron Harper was originally a 2...the PJs system there are back court players and front court players... thats about it lol
echo nation

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:18 pm

In an unrelated note I'd like to make it known that talks of trading Mr. Walker have gone down lately now that New York has shown big interest in obtaining Keith Van Horn and or Theo Ratliff.

Also Desmond Mason is what represents the concept of showtime, anyone who would take D-Fish over Mason in a straight up trade is insane
Danny Ainge

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion