Fisher summoned by the Lakers Officials -- Fish Trade Rumors

Fisher summoned by the Lakers Officials -- Fish Trade Rumors

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:05 am

Derek Fisher was summoned by the Lakers to return to L. A. on Thursday.

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/story_Sports ... ryid=35941

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The rumor is Fisher for Mason.

Yes an ESPN rumor. Laker Board member said he heard this on Fox Sports radio that said, Mil. is interested in trading Desmond Mason for Derek Fisher.

This won't go through guys, don't be worried. This is stupid, but I wanted to post it because it is very interesting...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby murcielago62 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:20 am

No, keep Fisher plz, the's important
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby murcielago62 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:30 am

I really think they're changing too much. Trade Fisher? Come on! He's one of the emotional leaders of the team.
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby Kobe's Empire on Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:57 am

it will be terrible if we get anthony mason for fish.......I'm telling you guys.....FISH IS WAY TO VAUABLE TO US THIS YEAR

he'll still playt eh point with KB playing sf and GP playing SG, but get him off the bench.....that's a big spark. it would be terrible if we lose fish. terrible. he is still a great spark to this team.
Kobe's Empire

Postby LARolePlayer on Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:57 am

Don't trade Fisher!!! He's excellent of the bench!!! :man6:
Role Players turn our team from being great to the GREATEST!!!
LARolePlayer

Postby grabby on Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:02 am

I wouldn't trade fish for that hoodlum. How many times has Mason been arrested? Fisher is a model citizen and teammate. Mason has been proven to be a cancer in the locker room in the past. Why would we trade a team leader like Fish for him?
grabby

Postby shaqass on Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:43 am

uhm interessting :man3: ....

I hope we are clever enough to keep Derek. Maybe he is not the same player than 2 years ago but he is a leader, he knows the triangle, no one dive for a loose ball like him! If we need a PG from the bench it must be him. And as murcielago said, it's nice to get Malone and GP but changing too much and too fast is dangerous, moreover when you try to play inside the triangle.

Keep Derek and bring Horry back! :jam2:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:13 pm

its DESMOND mason not anthony

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:30 pm

Yea, I'm happy guest caught that....and it really does change things if its desmon mason. He is a young kid that can hop right out of the gym. I really feel that Fisher will help our cause greater this year...but Desmon will definitely help us out in the long run....its really a judgement call....but if Pargo can step up like I know he can, I say we go for it....You have to understand guys, that we need a supporting cast that Kobe can appreciate and play well with....we cannot limit ourselves to quick fix ups...we must start thinking along the lines of planning to build around Kobe, because in the next 3 years, Shaq, Malone, and GP would most likely be on their way out. Its really difficult, cause my mind says Desmon, but my heart says Fish.....let's go with Fish...sorry Mason!
Last edited by Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Coppertop on Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:53 pm

I agree, if the Lakers are actually involved in trade talks about D. Mason, it would be a tough call to make. I think that Mitch would want to, and Phil would not, because Phil LOVES D.Fish. However, keep in mind that the Bucks will have to throw something else in, because Mason makes 1.8 and Fish makes 3.0.
Coppertop

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:53 pm

Kobe's Empire wrote:it will be terrible if we get anthony mason for fish.......I'm telling you guys.....FISH IS WAY TO VAUABLE TO US THIS YEAR

he'll still playt eh point with KB playing sf and GP playing SG, but get him off the bench.....that's a big spark. it would be terrible if we lose fish. terrible. he is still a great spark to this team.

It's not Anthony is Desmond Mason... I dont think this will go through... Fish has too much goin for himself over here, and rumors like this, are just rumors... We need him at backup PG, or maybe starting PG to run the team, and how is it gonna look if we just have GP and Pargo at PG!?
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:00 pm

Keep Fisher. The question is do you want to win Dunk Contests or Rings? I'll choose the ladder.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby kingjsun on Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:15 pm

I totally agree, fisher is not quite the athlete mason is, but there is no way in hell mason is the team player fisher is.
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:28 pm

Desmond Mason can't offer us anything we don't already have, especially if we trade Fisher away...

If this went through, this would be the most pointless, stupidest trade in Lakers history... That's why it is a "rumor" though...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:34 pm

LAKER DYNASTY 2000,... I agree.... it would be a bad trade..
Mason.. would just be a bench warmer on our team.. and will not contribute unless he attends the slam dunking contest. FISHER is much more valuable to us... he will be our sixth man this year...

KEEP FISHER .... just leave our roster alone!!!!... we are SET for the 2003-2004 SEASON!!!!!
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Coppertop on Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:36 pm

I still think we should add a backup C, like Elden Campbell, for the vet min/LLE. Then, we will be set.
Coppertop

Postby Kobe's Empire on Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:37 pm

yes i know laker gyrl, i relazied that a little too late...but still. we have kareem rush....he might not be as good as D mason some day, maybe he will. but f dish will be more valuable to us than desmond mason........mason doesnt have a consistent shot anyway....we need people with range not athletisism...kobe, rush, D george and Cook wil give that to us this year...oh and shaq too. i dont think we can get anyone good for Dfish really, or anyone who can help us this year that much. fish will help us, an D fish is great with limited time.
Kobe's Empire

NONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!

Postby LuvLakers4life on Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:01 pm

:man6: no :man6: no :man6: no :man6: no :man6: no :man6: This can't be true!!! They can't do this to my baby!!! What are they stupid??? They can't just trade him. They're not gonna have a back-up PG. Idiots!!! :man7: :panic2: :nono2: :nono5: I want a refund on my jersey... No what am I saying. I would never do that to my baby. OMG... They are so f*cking stupid... God... I am so gonna die if they trade him. I love him so much... He's my favorite player ever and in my heart he'll always be the best. My heart will break if they trade him... :man6: no :man6: no :man6: no :man6: no :man6:
LuvLakers4life

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:14 pm

Okay, calm down its just a rumor....jeez I hate to see what will happen to you with next year coming an all the rumors that will revolve around Kobe leaving. Just breathe easy...Fisher is pretty much not movin anywhere...for now...Muaahhhhahahhahha...just kidding :freak2:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Dejaman on Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:46 pm

At this point, our lakers are lacking two things,
A back-up center, and an athletic/young slasher who can chase guys on the perimeter...

Dmason gives us that....Great trade! (if possible)

Now I luv DFish, but lets be real, his best days are behind him.
How many times are we gonna watch him duck under screens?...
Plus when he's not hitting the 3, he's useless....

Lets keep getting younger
and lets give JParg a chance to shine!
After game 5 in the spurs series....
He's earned it...

Laker soliders up
Hoes down
Dejaman

hmmmmmmm

Postby xanadu on Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:09 pm

guy's you can't fall in love with roleplayers. the only players on the team who you can't trade are #34 & #8..... if fisher does not have a role on new and improved lakers then i'm all for trading him for someone who can play the role we'll need to be played, like a shooting forward because I don't think we can get a decent big man for fish.... i don't know just my opinion.
"YOU MUST SHOW NO MURCY- NOR HAVE ANY BELIEF WHATSOEVER IN HOW OTHERS JUDGE YOU- FOR GREATNESS WILL SILENCE THEM ALL"
xanadu

Postby kobe834 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:26 pm

noooooooooooooooooooo!!
kobe834

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:51 pm

What are you talking about?

We have Kobe, Payton, Fisher, George, and Pargo who can all gaurd the best, and quickest in the Leauge. Brining in another guard would be so pointless as it is, but to trade away one of the toughest and most experienced PG's in the leauge would just be stupid...

This trade will NOT happen... Quote me on that. :mad1:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby SWOL on Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:35 pm

I read the entire link and saw nothing of Mason for Fisher, I did see however metion of Fish to Memphis (Sto. Swift).......but even if there was metion Mason for Fisher, I take that in a heart beat, you guys are way too emotional over Fish.....Desmond could help us way more, he is a good shooter a hell of an athlete and a hell of a defender......Fish is a good spot up shooter, a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ball handler, goood hustler and below average defender....Fish had one good playoff run in 2001, and has the worst handels of any point guard in the league, why do you think Kobe had to bring the ball up so much????
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby SWOL on Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:39 pm

you guys act like he Magic f&#kin Johnson
Its Derek Fisher get a grip
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion