For Now, We're Left With the Weight of It

For Now, We're Left With the Weight of It

Postby GoldenEye on Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:10 am

Two law enforcement strangers from a small town in Colorado appeared on television Monday afternoon and confirmed that, yes, Kobe Bryant had been arrested on suspicion of felony sexual assault.

But, no, he has not been charged with a crime.

Yet, charges could be filed by the end of the week.

Or maybe never.

What?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke8jul08,1,5945738.column?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers
Dynasty is not over, Lakers dynasty has begun!
GoldenEye

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:19 am

Like what ur quote says, he was arrested under suspicion. Which means that the police must have something on that girl that might be a part of Kobe. Like his sperm or something. This must be the case, cuz it's the only logical reason why they would have him arrested under suspicion without any "real" evidence. Unless there's something else, someone say something!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:46 am

The one thing that I don't understand is why is the DA going to press charges (well considering to press charges), and not the girl? I mean it happened to her, so why is it that the DA is the one getting involved? If the girl wants to go to court she can sue him can't she?.....I think I just don't understand the court system.....anyways, like the rule goes you are innocent 'til proven guilty!!.....and in the LA Times tehy said that the girl was doing well, when the police talked to her.....let me tell you from experience, that you are not doing well after only a week, if you are sexually assaulted, it takes years before you are feeling or doing "well". anyways.....just my few little comments

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:39 pm

I take it like this... Law enforcement must have some evidence of a rape, and they need DNA forensics to compare the mixed samples they got from her, to his. It takes a while to construct tests, but once they're done, they'll see Kobe as innocent.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakerqueen on Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:24 pm

Sexual assault DOES NOT mean RAPE!!! It could be any number of things that he COULD have done. (And I don't think that he did). Anyway, as has been stated before, it could be anything from touching her to forced intercourse.
Lakerqueen

Postby Laker brain on Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:31 pm

The paper said he attacked her, I don't see it, especially if it was sexual.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby Lakerqueen on Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:33 pm

Yes, the paper did say that... but at the same time, we have also heard sexual assault and sexual misconduct. During the press conference yesterday, the sheriff mentioned something about witnesses... now, is it likely that Kobe would attack someone in the middle of a public area?? I think not.
Lakerqueen

Postby Laker brain on Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:53 pm

Exactly queen
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:17 pm

Witnesses??? They must be employees then too... Kobe wouldn't assult someone and he most defenetly wouldn't do it in public with people around.. Come on, even most criminals dont want to cause a scene..
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:18 pm

So, if there were "witnesses," wouldn't most of you say that this probably isn't a rape case??? I mean, who is going to rape someone is public, let alone sexually assault them??? This whole thing just doesn't line up.

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:22 pm

I know... But sexual misconduct can be anything literally... It could go from grabin someones parts to the rape itself, and if there were any witnesses, then dontcha think they would have done something to protect the alleged victim? It just doesnt make sence the more and more I look into this... And what kind of evidence must they have, if there were witnesses involved too? This is all blown outta proportion....
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion