Fox out for the rest of playoffs

Fox out for the rest of playoffs

Postby seawell on Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:45 pm

Rick Fox will be out for the remainder of the playoffs. He tore a tendon in his foot and will have to have surgery. :bang:
seawell

Postby Guest on Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:47 pm

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:48 pm

Thanks...............O GEORGE AND SHAW HAVE GOTTA STEP UP NOW!

Thats really bad news, Rick played great defense on Wally........
get well rick
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:50 pm

Dayam I just read this offa another post. It's sad to see this, but this is where players are gonna really be depended on!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:15 pm

Can the Lakers activate Tracy Murry?

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:34 pm

I don't believe they can since he was left off the playoff roster, but correct me if I'm wrong...either way tho I wouldn't want to see him play, his defense could not even last in elementary ball

Fox's injury is a huge blow, but now it is time for D-George to step up his game and prove to everyone that he can play up to his contract
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:37 pm

Murray was cut from the playoff roster.
You cant activate him
adn i wouldnt if i could
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:34 pm

Losing Fox is a setback. He is a great leader and sets the tone defensively. Also, in a way he gets to the heads of oppponents and can be considered our basketball version of an ENFORCER in hockey. Fox is the INTIMIDATOR. So losing him hurts our cause.

However, we just can't dwell on the negative. Lets look at the positive side of this misfortune.

1. Geroge will finally step up. He has more energy than Fox and when he guarded Peja in the last game we played against the queens, George's athletic prowess messed up Peja's shooting.

2. Kobe and Shaq will just dominate more on both sides of the court.

3. With the loss of Fox, everyone's intensity will just be greater. And from the look of things so far in the first round, we need as much intensity as we can get.

4. This will give B. Shaw more playing time. Another ball handler on the court helps a lot. The Wolves are killing us on the full court press.

So I guess Quat-Row is for Chick and Foxy, now!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:54 am

Nah....they cant activate a player who wasn't on the playoff roster! Dayam... He hasn't had that much time this year, i wouldn't want him playing. Good thing they can't activate him cuz of the injury to Fox. No offence to Murray fans (if there's n e). :man8:
LakersGyrl2003

Fox

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:01 am

Losing Fox will not be anything the Lakers can't overcome. Yes, his D is good, but to be honest, his outside shot has been suspect all year. He rarely cuts to the basket. In a perfect world, we'd have Fox's D and George's O. George will step up (his 2 blocks in last 2 minutes of game 4 were bigtime). Another positive is that Shaw will be playing more. Yes, he's old and slow, but notice he has no trouble getting the ball up-court against the Minny full court press. This is HUGE!

LA in 6.
LA over Spurs in 6
LA over Queens in 4 (it's personal this time)
LA over lEAST in 4

Return to Lakers Discussion