Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby wolfpaclaker on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:50 pm

I'm not of the belief that Randle is a huge difference maker, but he is NBA ready. That was clear in SPL play. Barring some major injury or something of that nature, he should be able to give a team 24 mpg. So you factor Boozer can play 28-30, and that there's Kelly at that position as well, I don't see a pressing need to sign Beasley.

At SF, we have Young and Wesley, from last year. Maybe Beasley can help there, but so could Randle.

Additionally, I never think it's a great idea to have too many similar players or players who command PT at the same position when you have holes at other position. IMO the way the roster is shaping up, you add Beasley, it's going to leave 1-2 guys always sulking for not having minutes.
wolfpaclaker

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:25 pm

when are some people going to realize that Randle should never play at the SF position. We know he has some handles but let's not get carried away here.

It's sort of like MDA's thinking but in reserve. lets play a BIG in a small position alla like Detroit tried to do last year with a lineup of:

SF- Josh Smith
PF- Greg Monroe
C- Andre Drummond

s*** didn't work
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:40 pm

jhalp wrote:My rotation:

Lin (30) Kobe (30) Young (24) Boozer (30) Hill (28)
Nash (12) Henry (14) Randle (14) Kelly (10) Davis (18)
Clark (6) Young (4) Wes (10) Randle (8) Kelly (2)

Kobe (30) Lets face it, he's playing at least 30.
Lin (30) Good for starting point guard
Young (28) Going to be second in scoring and will surprise on D like he did late last year.
Boozer (30) Redemption song
Hill (28) Injury prone, just enough to get his 10/10
Nash (12) will come in for shooting and quick stints
Henry (14) could avg more if he plays D
Randle (22) Wildcard
Kelly (12) I think another surprise on defense. Will stretch floor and earn more min.
Davis (18) Will either break out or break dance with Sacre on the sideline.
Clarkson (6) Really like this kid. May take Nash Minutes. Next Westbrook?
Wes (10) The Joker. He could fill in the holes or completely get benched giving up his minutes to the others.

You are underestimating davis tremendously. He's going to play much more than 18 min. I'd say closer to 30. Im surprised so many people don't know about this guy. He's a very solid PF/C.
Johnnyboy

Postby xerophil on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:35 pm

I believe Beasley is definitely going to the Pacers now.
Wish nothing but best for Paul George... :bang:
xerophil

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:49 pm

xerophil wrote:I believe Beasley is definitely going to the Pacers now.
Wish nothing but best for Paul George... :bang:

I think Shawn Marion has a better chance to sign with the Pacers now.
Kobe8Fan

Postby Lakers79 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:
jhalp wrote:My rotation:

Lin (30) Kobe (30) Young (24) Boozer (30) Hill (28)
Nash (12) Henry (14) Randle (14) Kelly (10) Davis (18)
Clark (6) Young (4) Wes (10) Randle (8) Kelly (2)

Kobe (30) Lets face it, he's playing at least 30.
Lin (30) Good for starting point guard
Young (28) Going to be second in scoring and will surprise on D like he did late last year.
Boozer (30) Redemption song
Hill (28) Injury prone, just enough to get his 10/10
Nash (12) will come in for shooting and quick stints
Henry (14) could avg more if he plays D
Randle (22) Wildcard
Kelly (12) I think another surprise on defense. Will stretch floor and earn more min.
Davis (18) Will either break out or break dance with Sacre on the sideline.
Clarkson (6) Really like this kid. May take Nash Minutes. Next Westbrook?
Wes (10) The Joker. He could fill in the holes or completely get benched giving up his minutes to the others.

You are underestimating davis tremendously. He's going to play much more than 18 min. I'd say closer to 30. Im surprised so many people don't know about this guy. He's a very solid PF/C.

Agreed, Randle, Lin and Clarkson should have very solid years but Davis could be the biggest surprise of the lot. He will find himself on the end on a lot of Lin lobs, he can change and block shots, rebound, run the floor...He should supplant Hill fairly soon in the season, but Hill is making the big $$$, so it'll be interesting.
Lakers79

Postby LakersN4 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Keith Appling has agreed to a non-guaranteed camp deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell RealGM.

Appling went undrafted out of Michigan State.

Via Shams Charania/RealGM

Who?
LakersN4

Postby lotus on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:00 pm

LakersN4 wrote:
Keith Appling has agreed to a non-guaranteed camp deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell RealGM.

Who?

Poor man's Bledsoe.
lotus

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:24 pm

We'll be signing a bunch of bodies for training camp as usual. Nothing significant.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Helljumper on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:35 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:We'll be signing a bunch of bodies for training camp as usual. Nothing significant.

Come on man, get out of here with that nonsense. The rest of the summer is going to be very boring, so at least let me have the annual tradition of watching people freak out about camp invites :mhihi:
Helljumper

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Helljumper wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:We'll be signing a bunch of bodies for training camp as usual. Nothing significant.

Come on man, get out of here with that nonsense. The rest of the summer is going to be very boring, so at least let me have the annual tradition of watching people freak out about camp invites :mhihi:

ok ok, we just go the next Allen Iverson folks. :jam2:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Don't know a lot about him. Watched a game or two of him play. He seems like a fringe guy, so cool job Mitch!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Cavaliers Meet With Shawn Marion

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Cavaliers Meet With Shawn Marion

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 14s

ESPN sources say Shawn Marion is in Cleveland today on recruiting visit with Cavaliers

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statu ... 7205885952
Kobe8Fan

Postby Helljumper on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:45 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
Helljumper wrote:

ok ok, we just go the next Allen Iverson folks. :jam2:

:man10: Well usually it's the other way around with people bashing the front office for signing someone they've never heard of (even though it's just a camp invite).

But now that I think about it, in all seriousness I think I'll actually pay attention to the camp invites this time around. Wasn't Xavier a non-guaranteed camp invite last year?
Helljumper

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:26 pm

LakersN4 wrote:

Who?

camp fodder
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby trodgers on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:18 am

I get excited about these players when I shouldn't, I readily admit. Appling is another one of those can't really shoot, not a floor general PGs. He's touted as a good defender who doesn't make mistakes on offense but doesn't contribute much either (Draftexpress). He was a four year player at MSU, playing heavy minutes each season, got progressively worse at shooting FTs, but he got progressively better more or less at shooting generally. Picked up big defensive win shares, was 9th in the Big 12 in the 12/13 season. Gets to the line a lot.

Career Highs
As a Frosh: 19 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 5 blocks (utter anomaly)
Soph: 25 points (20+ 4 times), 9 rebounds(7+ 3 times), 9 assists (4+ 21 times), 3 steals (2+ 13 times), 2 blocks
JR: 25 points (19+ 8 times), 8 rebounds (7+ 2 times), 9 assists (4+ 14 times), 6 steals (2+ 13 times), 3 blocks (2+ 5 times)
SR: 27 (19+ 7 times), 8 rebounds (7+ 1 time), 10 assists (4+ 21 times, 7+ 7 times), 4 steals (2+ 12 times), 3 blocks (2+ 2 times)

He shot 37% on threes his senior season. If he could do that in the NBA, he'd have a chance to stick (assuming his defense is what it's supposed to be).
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Barnstable on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:07 am

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 13h
More
Also nothing imminent with Michael Beasley and Lakers - he worked out for them but obviously no decision yet
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Damian Necronamous on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:48 am

Cleveland is going to be so loaded. Really, all they would need is a guy like Marion and a better backup PG and they would compete for 65-odd wins.

Kyrie Irving / John Lucas
Dion Waiters / Matthew Dellavedova / Joe Harris
LeBron James / Mike Miller
Kevin Love / Tristan Thompson
Anderzon Varejao / Brendan Haywood
Damian Necronamous

Postby khmrP on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:24 am

Damian Necronamous wrote:Cleveland is going to be so loaded. Really, all they would need is a guy like Marion and a better backup PG and they would compete for 65-odd wins.

wouldn't be to confident with their C's though, Cavs be lucky if they can tape those 2 up enough to last an entire season, Varejao seems to keep getting season ending injuries almost every year now and Haywood well he's Haywood you'd be lucky to get 1/4 of a season from him.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:31 am

khmrP wrote:
Damian Necronamous wrote:Cleveland is going to be so loaded. Really, all they would need is a guy like Marion and a better backup PG and they would compete for 65-odd wins.

wouldn't be to confident with their C's though, Cavs be lucky if they can tape those 2 up enough to last an entire season, Varejao seems to keep getting season ending injuries almost every year now and Haywood well he's Haywood you'd be lucky to get 1/4 of a season from him.

Not to mention Kyrie, Miller, and Love are all known for missing a lot of time too. How long does LeBron keep playing with no real major injuries considering how much he's near the rim?

Who on that team is an elite defender outside of LeBron?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Savory Griddles on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:46 pm

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Not to mention Kyrie, Miller, and Love are all known for missing a lot of time too. How long does LeBron keep playing with no real major injuries considering how much he's near the rim?

Who on that team is an elite defender outside of LeBron?

That team is better than the Heat were in year one of the big three. With a little luck in the health department, they will demolish the East except for maybe Chicago.
Savory Griddles

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:23 pm

I just disagree. I think we'll see a lot of weaknesses on their part as Kyrie and Love get utterly exposed defensively. Their collective team is way too young and way too inexperienced. I think even with Love they're a year or two away from the Finals. They're three years away from beating any team in the West.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:32 pm

therealdeal wrote:I just disagree. I think we'll see a lot of weaknesses on their part as Kyrie and Love get utterly exposed defensively. Their collective team is way too young and way too inexperienced. I think even with Love they're a year or two away from the Finals. They're three years away from beating any team in the West.

yup...the team to watch out for in the East are the Bulls
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby ThizGuy83 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:38 pm

I'm sorry but what is the big deal about Kevin love? I really don't see anything about him that makes me say damn he's really good
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:41 pm

ThizGuy83 wrote:I'm sorry but what is the big deal about Kevin love? I really don't see anything about him that makes me say damn he's really good

Natural rebounder and a great outside shot. Good passer. Adequate athlete. He's in the conversation for best PF in the League. There's a lot to like.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion