Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby LakersN4 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:41 pm

I'm just thinking in the mode of winning this season/appealing to free agents next summer. I think adding Monroe helps us win more games despite the Lin for Jennings swap. Then in free agency, having Jennings locked in for 1 more season might be better than having Lin as a FA. Some team might offer Lin a starting salary over 8 just for his star power & leave us with a big hole to fill at PG.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Having watched KU, I think Randle would benefit and be a better fit with a 7'foot athletic center that concentrates on defense and rebounding...that's what Willie-Cauley Stein provided and they worked well together. I think that would be the direction to go in next year during FA, IMO.
lukewaltonsdad

 
Posts: 808
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 am

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby Pig Miller on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:59 pm

is our interest in beasley gone? still not a fan of our SF rotation. I think we need a slightly bigger body than kobe/young at SF for a good chunk of minutes

i'd take monroe if nash and a 1st were the centerpiece of a deal. but that's just a dream.
Pig Miller

 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 am

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:39 pm

As already tweeted - I hear Lakers liked Beasley workout - though given their long list of forwards, MB may be looking at other options 1st
lukewaltonsdad

 
Posts: 808
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 am

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby LakersN4 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:41 pm

lukewaltonsdad wrote:Having watched KU, I think Randle would benefit and be a better fit with a 7'foot athletic center that concentrates on defense and rebounding...that's what Willie-Cauley Stein provided and they worked well together. I think that would be the direction to go in next year during FA, IMO.

If Randle is good enough to be a starter/solid contributor for us I'd be all in for Asik or Jordan next summer in FA.. Both guys would be great next to the type of PF Randle was in college.. If Randle isn't any good at this level, I'd completely ignore him & just sign the best players available.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 22s

I'm told that Michael Beasley had a second workout with the Los Angeles Lakers today. We'll see if the Lakers sign him.


https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/stat ... 8760480768
User avatar
Kobe8Fan

 
Posts: 10401
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Covina, CA

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Miami Heat Sign Shannon Brown

Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt 25m

Free-agent guard Shannon Brown has signed a contract with the Miami Heat, Priority Sports, his agency, announced.


https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status ... 0136984576

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 23m

Shannon Brown's contract with the Miami Heat is for one year at $1.3 million, I'm told.


https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/504722307391033344
User avatar
Kobe8Fan

 
Posts: 10401
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Covina, CA

Re: Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Postby Rooscooter on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Kobe8Fan wrote:
Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 22s

I'm told that Michael Beasley had a second workout with the Los Angeles Lakers today. We'll see if the Lakers sign him.


https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/stat ... 8760480768


I'd take him for the minimum. Low risk with potential for high reward. Can't wait for the Young-Beasely rotation.... potential for massive scoring outbursts or JR High level play.... :man10:
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23127
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Postby trodgers on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
Kobe8Fan wrote:
Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 22s

I'm told that Michael Beasley had a second workout with the Los Angeles Lakers today. We'll see if the Lakers sign him.


https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/stat ... 8760480768


I'd take him for the minimum. Low risk with potential for high reward. Can't wait for the Young-Beasely rotation.... potential for massive scoring outbursts or JR High level play.... :man10:

He's about as good as you could hope for on a minimum contract. It's not like he'd be spoiling our championship chemistry if he's a knucklehead, and if his head is screwed on straight, he's a legit good player.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby karacha on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:21 pm

I'd definitely sign him for the minimum. We have nothing to lose.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby LakersN4 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:04 pm

I really don't see why we haven't signed Beasley yet.. Biggest no brainer of the offseason.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:27 pm

Kobe8Fan wrote:
Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 22s

I'm told that Michael Beasley had a second workout with the Los Angeles Lakers today. We'll see if the Lakers sign him.


https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/stat ... 8760480768


Why the heck not? We're thin at the three and Beas has talent.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby karacha on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:01 pm

If he had half a brain, he'd be a borderline star in this league.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:35 pm

trodgers wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
Kobe8Fan wrote:
Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 22s

I'm told that Michael Beasley had a second workout with the Los Angeles Lakers today. We'll see if the Lakers sign him.


https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/stat ... 8760480768


I'd take him for the minimum. Low risk with potential for high reward. Can't wait for the Young-Beasely rotation.... potential for massive scoring outbursts or JR High level play.... :man10:

He's about as good as you could hope for on a minimum contract. It's not like he'd be spoiling our championship chemistry if he's a knucklehead, and if his head is screwed on straight, he's a legit good player.


Sums up where I am at; give him a non guaranteed contract and see what he has to offer...
lukewaltonsdad

 
Posts: 808
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 am

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:46 pm

LakersN4 wrote:I really don't see why we haven't signed Beasley yet.. Biggest no brainer of the offseason.

it could be that he wants to possible try and sign with someone else.

the minimum for Beasley is definitely worth it, but I sort of hope we don't do it. We have enough players at that position that should be getting minutes ahead of him. IMO Welsey, Nick, or even Henry should all be ahead of him in the depth chart if we do in fact get him for the minimum.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11703
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
LakersN4 wrote:I really don't see why we haven't signed Beasley yet.. Biggest no brainer of the offseason.

it could be that he wants to possible try and sign with someone else.

the minimum for Beasley is definitely worth it, but I sort of hope we don't do it. We have enough players at that position that should be getting minutes ahead of him. IMO Welsey, Nick, or even Henry should all be ahead of him in the depth chart if we do in fact get him for the minimum.

This. I'd rather we focus on a PG, but at the same time... Sessions is really the only PG I think would be worth targeting.

Whatever. Bring on the Beas.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby LakersN4 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:10 pm

Yeah if Sessions would come here for the minimum that'd definitely be my first option but doesn't seem as realistic as Beasley.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby Rooscooter on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Sessions has to be the worst PG in the recent history of the Lakers....... And that is truly an accomplishment. He was even worse than Marshall and Nash last year.

I'll pass on him.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23127
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby MadMax on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Rooscooter wrote:Sessions has to be the worst PG in the recent history of the Lakers....... And that is truly an accomplishment. He was even worse than Marshall and Nash last year.

I'll pass on him.

Is this you being sarcastic again?
User avatar
MadMax
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 13896
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: The Beach Cities

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:52 pm

sessions was our best PG since NVE
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20560
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby LakersN4 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:28 pm

MadMax wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:Sessions has to be the worst PG in the recent history of the Lakers....... And that is truly an accomplishment. He was even worse than Marshall and Nash last year.

I'll pass on him.

Is this you being sarcastic again?

Yeah that has to be "Lin is mediocre" post part 2. Sessions was/is very good, he just disappeared in the playoffs & felt disrespected that we went after every PG possible when he was a FA. At the minimum though? Might be the best value in the league.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:28 am

Sessions is DEFINITELY not worse than Nash....and I would take him for the minimum in a heartbeat and have him as our back up PG over Broke Back Nash.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:03 am

Sessions is signing in Houston though, so it doesn't really matter.

I'll take Beasley at this point. Screw it. We just need the talent.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:18 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb%20...%20/14713297/
The free agency season isn't over just yet for the Los Angeles Lakers.

After missing out on LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony in July, the Lakers held a free agent workout Tuesday in Los Angeles. The workout included forward Michael Beasley; big men Dexter Pittman, Greg Stiemsma, and Daniel Orton; and guards Bobby Brown, Toney Douglas, Ben Hansbrough and Malcolm Lee, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports.

Beasley, the enigmatic 25-year-old who wasn't able to make the most of his return to the Miami Heat last season, was working out for the the Lakers for a second time. The person requested anonymity because the workout was not announced by the team.

The Lakers currently have 13 players, meaning there are two roster spots available on this Kobe Bryant-led group that general manager Mitch Kupchak has said is capable of making the playoffs. That goal is a long shot, to be sure, but shoring up their small forward spot would help.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:22 am

I like Orton and Stiemsma for us. Big mean bodies good for 6 fouls.

I'd like Douglas or Beasley too. Apparently Bobby Brown is interested in playing for LA because he was born here so there's that.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 13 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.