Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:27 pm

Calderon is a free agent this summer. He's not great defensively, but he can sure fit the bill for somebody who can play 25-30 minutes, run the offense, create his shots, and be productive.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:Calderon is a free agent this summer. He's not great defensively, but he can sure fit the bill for somebody who can play 25-30 minutes, run the offense, create his shots, and be productive.

Yeah he would be a great guy to have, but I don't if he would be willing to come for the mini MLE or veteran's minimum.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Weezy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm scared as hell to give another 30+ year old offense first PG a contract. He's good, but man so were Blake and Nash.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:41 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
The Rock wrote:ugh screw Bargnani

If they're willing to pay the price of Lowry or Derozan I'll happily take on Bargs. I'm sure we can get something decent for him from a 3rd team.

I think the real question is can we get Lowry without giving up Pau? Toronto was in love with the idea of Nash ending his career there, they were offering him 3 years 36M before we got him.

I know the situation with his family makes it unlikely but Tor thinks Nash will bring in big $$$ & with Gay they're in a better position to win now than they were when he turned them down to join us. You have to think he's not thrilled being on a team that makes him look like a shell of his former self. I know some of that is health & he's declining but he just doesn't fit here & wants to show that he can still lead a team.

umm if Tor has to give up assets to trade away Bargani, wouldn't we have to do the same when we're sending him to that 3rd team?
khmrP

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:^^ Everything looks like it would be a good trade their except I really doubt CLE will allow Dion Waiters to be part of that deal. CLE would be happy that they get to keep Tristan Thompson who I had heard POR likes a lot too. I'd take that deal for sure. Don't know about you guys. Even though it kills our 2014 PLAN

I think the Cavs give up either TT or Waiters, not both.. Their only other good asset/contract big enough to make a deal for LMA work is AV.. so it makes more sense to package Waiters instead of giving up both of your bigs. Matthews is a really good replacement for Waiters. Similar numbers but a better defender, still young but experienced & ready to contribute to a playoff team right now.

I don't think it kills any plans for us.. Batum is a great value on his current deal. The other guys are good role players that fit needs & are locked in to good contracts as well. D12, Batum, Clark, Hill, Gee.. We'd have a good young core of defenders/athletes in the frontcourt to make up for our old guards. Ideally we trade Nash before it's too late but even if we keep him, he should fit much better with a more athletic team that can go small & run more.

khmrP wrote:umm if Tor has to give up assets to trade away Bargani, wouldn't we have to do the same when we're sending him to that 3rd team?

Not really.. There were reportedly offers of Boozer & Ben Gordon + pieces for Bargs. BG would be a good pick up for us, especially while Kobe's out. He can create his own shot & has always been a good closer. We're sorely lacking that with Meeks/Morris at SG.
Last edited by lakersin4 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakersin4

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:55 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:^^ Everything looks like it would be a good trade their except I really doubt CLE will allow Dion Waiters to be part of that deal. CLE would be happy that they get to keep Tristan Thompson who I had heard POR likes a lot too. I'd take that deal for sure. Don't know about you guys. Even though it kills our 2014 PLAN

I think the Cavs give up either TT or Waiters, not both.. Their only other good asset/contract big enough to make a deal for LMA work is AV.. so it makes more sense to package Waiters instead of giving up both of your bigs. Matthews is a really good replacement for Waiters. Similar numbers but a better defender, still young but experienced & ready to contribute to a playoff team right now.

I don't think it kills any plans for us.. Batum is a great value on his current deal. The other guys are good role players that fit needs & are locked in to good contracts as well. D12, Batum, Clark, Hill, Gee.. We'd have a good young core of defenders/athletes in the frontcourt to make up for our old guards. Ideally we trade Nash before it's too late but even if we keep him, he should fit much better with a more athletic team that can go small & run more.

Yeah that's a really nice defensive combination of Batum and Gee. Where can I sign.....
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:07 am

We are so far behind today's league standards when it comes to perimeter players ... I'm not sure why our FO has been waiting for so long to fix this huge pb ... May 2011 , 2 years later NOTHING has changed
wcsoldier81

Postby LOL on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:17 am

karacha wrote:Get us a talented PG, obviously, who can score and set people up.

that..was suppose to be cp3. [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] stern. [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].
LOL

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 am

Wait so Portland gives up Batum AND Aldridge?... Why? That's pretty ridiculous.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:37 pm

therealdeal wrote:Wait so Portland gives up Batum AND Aldridge?... Why? That's pretty ridiculous.

Pau, AV, Waiters is a pretty sick return but you're right Portland needs more for this to be fair. We don't have anyone of value to throw in except Hill & he'd be redundant with AV & Pau.. They'd have to get another piece from the Cavs, probably a pick.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:32 pm

The Cavs giving up Varejao and Waiters is also incredibly unlikely.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby SK8 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Why the F would somebody who is in rebuilding mode want any part of 33 year old Pau with his 19$ 000 000 contract :bang:
Just be realistic, we will not get nothing big for Pau, i would be absolutely OK if get some bench players that could actually do something, and that's it.
Batum for Pau :man10: please, you can't pull that move even in NBA2k13.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Savory Griddles on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:32 am

Eric Gordon is an interesting piece. After the Bucks being pretty exposed, maybe a 3-way deal where Pelicans get Ellis or Jennings, Bucks get Pau and we get Gordon? Seems to keep everyone happy, especially since Gordon hasn't wanted to be in N.O. since he got there. Probably a pipe trade, but whatever. Bored at work.
Savory Griddles

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:Eric Gordon is an interesting piece. After the Bucks being pretty exposed, maybe a 3-way deal where Pelicans get Ellis or Jennings, Bucks get Pau and we get Gordon? Seems to keep everyone happy, especially since Gordon hasn't wanted to be in N.O. since he got there. Probably a pipe trade, but whatever. Bored at work.

After the injuries we've suffered through this season, I'd like to stay away from guys like Gordon. Jennings would be interesting imo.. But he isn't near the top of my list of guards to pair with Dwight, but maybe he's the best we can get for Pau. Then you get the best SF you can, either with Nash or in FA, Wright would be a great signing.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:Eric Gordon is an interesting piece. After the Bucks being pretty exposed, maybe a 3-way deal where Pelicans get Ellis or Jennings, Bucks get Pau and we get Gordon? Seems to keep everyone happy, especially since Gordon hasn't wanted to be in N.O. since he got there. Probably a pipe trade, but whatever. Bored at work.

Hell no to Gordon and his contract. I like the kid, but he's not a max level player and he doesn't give max level production and he sure as hell doesn't play enough games.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Hindsight but wish we could've made a play for kyle lowlry last season. ...hes had a down season this yr but tor. Wasnt a good fit for him imo.
khmrP

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:54 pm

Lowry / Parsons would've been real nice. :man1:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby khmrP on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Lowry / Parsons would've been real nice. :man1:

Was parson involved in those pau scenario? Again hindsight but lowlry/parson/scola for pau and still have that odom tpe for that awesome 6th man...dam what could've been.
khmrP

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:20 pm

No - Houston was actually pretty high on him.

Perhaps Pau could've convinced them to let him go. But then who knows, they made a play for Harden during the season so...
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:26 pm

It seems most of us agree.. We need a starting SF & a PG.. Both guys need to be on the younger side, be able to play defense, & hit the 3.. What teams have both of those things & could use Pau/Nash?

Does Houston make another push for Pau if they strike out on a better FA? Lin & Parsons would seem to fit the bill, although Lin isn't a great defender. I think I just like the idea because I see Parsons becoming a star & they're both young.

Another interesting combo is Lowry & Derozan.. Derozan is more of a SG now but he's strong enough to defend SF's. Both young athletic guys that can defend. Maybe Toronto still wants Nash & has interest in Pau? I wish I wasn't looking foward to the offseason as much as I am right now :bang:
lakersin4

Postby OX1947 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Lakers first priority will be to sign Howard. I believe Howard will tell the Lakers he wants Phil Jackson as head coach or he bounces. Once that happens, then you amnesty Artest, let Meeks go and get a shooter who can make open shots.
OX1947

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:04 am

-Trade Pau
-Trade Nash
-Trade Blake

-Amnesty MWP
-Let go of Morris/Ebanks/Duhon/Meeks

- Resign D12, Glock, Sacre and Jamison (vet. min)
- Resign Clark only after shopping him around the league to see if we can trade and get a better player.

______ / ______
Kobe / _____ / Glock
_____ / _____
_____ / Clark / Jamison
D12 / Hill / Sacre

Need to address 6 spots this offseason. Out with all the old injury prone players, bring in some younger players that can actually keep up with how the game is played today.
Last edited by Doc Brown on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:53 am

That's exactly what we should do if we want to contend
wcsoldier81

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:08 am

Stand pat. That's what John Ireland thinks is best. And keep D' Antoni, too, while we're at it.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:14 am

Lakerjones wrote:Stand pat. That's what John Ireland thinks is best. And keep D' Antoni, too, while we're at it.

Is this real ? Wouldn't surprise me coming from him though :man10: ... he's garbage
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion