FRUSTRATED: Auto-Log-Out ISSUE.

FRUSTRATED: Auto-Log-Out ISSUE.

Postby Alleyhoops on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have asked about this issue in the site performance thread, have emailed site managers and I get no response, so I am left to post here in hopes of a remedy.

EVERY time I log in and attempt to compose a post, if I take more than a few minutes, when I submit the post it takes me back to the log-in page and loses everything that I've composed in the post.

WHY do we get logged out so quickly when trying to compose a post that takes a couple minutes to compose??? Seriously, it is annoying as hell. I usually just leave the site when that happens.

Any serious suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Should we have to first compose in a text editor, then copy and paste into a CL post window? It just seems, well, like a dumb interface.
Alleyhoops

Re: FRUSTRATED: Auto-Log-Out ISSUE.

Postby Barnstable on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:02 pm

I answered in the site performance thread PMd you and spoke to the other mods to see if anyone else is experiencing this, and it seems that the problem has something to do with your browser settings or something since no one we've talked to is having the same problem. So the only suggestion I can make is to play around with your browser settings to see if any changes fix the problem for you.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Alleyhoops on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 pm

Barnstable wrote:I answered in the site performance thread PMd you and spoke to the other mods to see if anyone else is experiencing this, and it seems that the problem has something to do with your browser settings or something since no one we've talked to is having the same problem. So the only suggestion I can make is to play around with your browser settings to see if any changes fix the problem for you.

Thanks for the reply. There must be an issue with my browser then. I do get auto-logged out in about 3 to 4 minutes. For some reason, I did not see responses in the site performance thread until just now and I monitored it for a week after I posted. And I have not received any PMs in my inbox for a couple of years. Strange. Okay, well, you've done what you could. Please feel free to DELETE this topic. Thanks.
Alleyhoops

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:27 pm

Hey Alley, do you know how to delete browser cookies?

Try doing that....if you're not on Chrome, I would advise it and download the adblocker extension.

[kobe]you're welcome[/kobe]
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Alleyhoops on Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:17 am

Vasashi17 wrote:Hey Alley, do you know how to delete browser cookies?

Try doing that....if you're not on Chrome, I would advise it and download the adblocker extension.

[kobe]you're welcome[/kobe]

Thanks, Vas. Yes, I clear the cookies regularly. I'm using Safari in Mavericks. Might be time to change browsers. My girlfriend swears by Chrome. I'll give it a shot. I appreciate the suggestions. :bow:
Alleyhoops

Postby Thenextgreat on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:58 am

Type it in word first then copy paste it in...problem solved!
Thenextgreat

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:58 am

I have this same problem. I usually copy what I write and then hit submit just in case it closes out. Im an old fart that still use Internet Explorer. I tried Firefox but that pisses me off. Maybe I'll try this Chrome stuff
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Savory Griddles on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:07 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I have this same problem. I usually copy what I write and then hit submit just in case it closes out. Im an old fart that still use Internet Explorer. I tried Firefox but that pisses me off. Maybe I'll try this Chrome stuff

I use Opera now. It's built almost just like Chrome, but from what I gather, it doesn't hand over your info to the NSA like Chrome. Maybe its just wishful thinking. They probably all do. :freak2:
Savory Griddles

Return to Lakers Discussion