Games 6 and 7

Games 6 and 7

Postby Guest on Wed May 14, 2003 2:58 am

Do you Laker Faithful wanna see another championship? If so, you better pray you see the following in games 6 and 7:

1. Horry sitting on the bench
2. Fisher shooting
3. Kobe moving without the ball
4. Phil Jax actually coaching
5. Shaq actually giving a sh**

Let me expand:

1. Horry will always be in my heart, but he just hasn't done it and yes, I'm ready to cast him out. Slava can shoot. Neither can stop Duncan, so why worry about it. Make him work on D.

2. Fisher HAS to shoot 10 - 15 times. He was making his shots last night, but I don't remember him taking a 3. He has to get the open looks and shoot away.

3. Kobe moving without the ball gives him quick hit opportunities. Also saves him a lot of energy for late in game.

4. Phil Jax..... Wish I had your gig. Sad to say, but Jack Nicholson has had a bigger impact on this series then you. You both got great seats (and I envy you for that), but c'mon, stetch the legs a little and show me you're awake.

5. Shaq giving a crap. I know Shaq cares, but he needs to post up on right block and throw up that right hook. He's constantly on left block and keeps passing out of it. Make them foul you!!! And get out on the shooter on D. Letting Parker shoot that floater in the lane is weak and seriously pisses me off. Double on Duncan a time or two and guard him one on one when Robinson is out of game. Do it or go home!

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 3:08 am

Hell yea... I started laughin when Sa fans held up those lil' faces of Jack at the game... Dayam they're so stupid... But on a lighter note, Fish wasn't really doing n e thang, he NEEDS to shoot, like u say!! Horry is cuttin it, like we've been sayin, and Slava's makin his shots, so give him PT.. but the number one thing they need to do is STOP complaining when they get a call on them, or if they don't get it... They need to stop wasting time throwing fits, and swingin arms and get right back on D, to stop the Spurs momentum... Then maybe we can stop all this madness, and play championship ball!! TEAM WORK!! :mad1:
LakersGyrl2003

fouls

Postby Guest on Wed May 14, 2003 3:16 am

I disagree. I think the Lakers need to complain about the calls. I understand playing thru it, but if you don't say anything you're not gonna get anything. There is truth to the saying "Squeaky wheel gets oil."

Re: fouls

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 3:21 am

kobegotskillz wrote:I disagree. I think the Lakers need to complain about the calls. I understand playing thru it, but if you don't say anything you're not gonna get anything. There is truth to the saying "Squeaky wheel gets oil."

They've been complainin, and it's just gonna hurt us in the long run... Cuz everytime they complain on the court, they end up givin numbers to the Spurs in fast break opportunities..... They need to start scoring early in the 1st!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed May 14, 2003 9:57 am

PLS DON'T FORGET ROOKIE JANNERO PARGO'S OFFENSIVE INTENSITY AS WELL AS DEFENSE!! HE HAS BEEN LOOKING BETTER OUT THERE AS THE SERIES MOVES ON AND SHOULD ALSO BE CONSIDERED. HE IS HONESTLY MY FAVORITE LAKER RIGHT NOW AND DON'T SLEEP ON THIS GUY. GIVE HIM MORE MINUTES AND HE WILL HAVE A BREAK OUT GAME JUST LIKE SLAVA.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed May 14, 2003 10:15 am

In my opinion, these will be the factors in winning the next 2 games:

1. Put Horry on the bench and play Slava for more offense
2. Kobe running the offense instead of overdribbling
3. Shaq playing quicker on D (doubtful)
4. Play Jannero Pargo more to add offensive/defensive intensity
5. Stop making stupid substitutions in crucial moments of the game

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>>
[i]
1. Horry has been in the worst funk and is causing us to lose good opportunities to score. He should be more aware on defense and stop shooting the ball. We have no more time in trying to get his rhythm back. It is way to deep into the playoffs. If thats the case, replace him for Slava since Slava adds more offense on the perimeter, leaving more space for Shaq in the post.

2. Kobe needs to stop trying to be a hero and just simply run the offense. I saw numerous times during game 5 that his teammates were once again wide open, but he would rather take it upon himself to force up a brick. Yea he made a few crucial shots down the stretch of that comeback, but I feel if he ran the offense more and worked that pick n roll to Slava more, we would've won.

3. Shaq needs to work quicker on the ball. I saw a few times when the ball was free, he would just stare at it, assuming his teammates would get the ball. Also he doesn't seem to care to get back on defense when a shot is missed by us. RUN SHAQ, RUN!!!!!!!

4. Rookie Jannero Pargo has proven us wrong time and time again. No matter what fans say, I still rely on this guy. He may not be a hot scorer at the moment, but give him more minutes and he can be just that. He has accuracy on his shot and is very quick on the ball, whether it be on defense or when he's pushing the ball up the court. He adds a little spark that the Lakers need on the floor; something that Fisher doesn't seem to deliver.

5. Phil needs to coach and realize who is doing the job out there on the floor. He's done this numerous times: Pargo, Rush, or Slava are out there on the court giving us a tremendous lift on offense and defense. We are making an obvious comeback and then there is a timeout. What happens next??? He substitutes them for Fisher and HORRY?!?!? That to me is just crap!!!!!!!
[/i]

If you guys don't feel the way I do, then I don't know what else to say.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby k8fanatic on Wed May 14, 2003 10:32 am

hmm... i dunno guys. i think horry just has to step up, hes just cold, but i think that last shot will motivate him to do better. he will break through. as for slava, he did great last night, one of the key players to the "comeback" but i dunno man... when i watch him play, he's inconsistent. also, when i watched him in the regular season, he goes through emotions or something and he is totally out of control. if he is calm, maybe he'll produce. just calm down slava. maybe he just felt it, and who knows, he mite not feel it. however i do think he should get some minutes when horry's out. yea horry will break out, he just needs to find his stroke and fAST.

thing on shaq, wat i think the lakers need to do for shaq is give him the ball more~!!! he needs to get the ball. he didnt take a lot of shots in game 5. give the most dominant player the ball!!

as for phil jackson, guys, the coach knows wat he's doing. just let him do his stuff. yea, maybe u guys dont wanna hear the krap stu says, but lets just say he's wrong. wat other explanation are there that phil just lets his team run it, not interfering w/ a timeout? surely, u dont think he's actually just sitting down just kuz he doenst kno wat to do???

ok, so in conclusion i think this is wat needs to happen for the lakers to win

1. give shaq the ball. he's gonna play aggressively
2. sure, let slava and pargo get some minute, but not MAJOR mintues. unless theyre hot, horry and fish should stay in the game. they will break through
3. fisher needs to shoot more threes, not kobe. kobe kan shoot it, but fisher should kuz he has a better percentage.
4. fisher postup on parker
5. run the offense
6. defense
7. give shaq the ball

i kno im gonna get ripped for this reply, but this is how i feel
k8fanatic

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 14, 2003 10:59 am

Shaq was one of the LARGEST (pun intended) reasons we lost that game last night. He didn't move around at all and I think it has to do with the fact that we aren't giving it to him every time. I say we should just prove a point to him and lose the next game by throwing it to him every time. Let him turn the ball over, miss easy shot after easy shot and foul out in the third quarter, then when we lose we can say to him..."I though you said we should be throwing it in to you every time" "We did just that and we lost badly" "how did that happen"
Snakell Beast

Postby BDG on Wed May 14, 2003 2:09 pm

oops my bad i didn't see this post... well if you want my opinion, read the "Solutions to Our Problems" thread.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 3:41 pm

I gotta say that the Lakers gave the ball to Shaq more times in game 5... He got the ball, but he just didn't get the fouls and ended up turning the ball over, or missed an attempt. I know Shaq doesn't wanna get in foul trouble, but we need the ol' Shaq back... He NEEDS to be more aggressive! Jannero and Slava did great out there and the Spurs didn't expect that. So prolly now, they'll respect their shots and actually guard them, so maybe they can stop triple teaming Shaq, and guard their respective men...
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion