Garnett for Shaq

Garnett for Shaq

Postby ucsb2004 on Mon May 19, 2003 9:14 pm

Who out there would make this trade. As a Laker fan there is no question I would definatly pull the trigger. I could just imagine Kobe and KG dominating the league for the next 10 years. Shaq only has a couple good ones left and by sneding him to minnesota we wouldnt have to worry about payback. Just a thought.
ucsb2004

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 19, 2003 10:09 pm

We were discussin this in another post... It sounds unrealistic when u think about it, but if it were to happen...!! That'll be tight, u know? But I still think this team is revolved around Shaq as the 1st option... It's been workin so I say, If it ain't broke, then don't fix it :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 20, 2003 12:27 am

Yeah, I originally stated that idea in another post. I would hessitate to pull the trigger but if it happened I would embrace it. I could see KOBE play with Garnett and vice versa. Garnett is a tremendous TALENT. He is gifted with athleticism. I anticipated watching the last three ALLSTAR games just to see them play. I could see KOBE and Garnett play extremely well together. Garnett even threw Kobe an alloyhoop on a fast break once ( 3 years ago ). Between KG or Duncrap.... I'd pick KG. That guy has so much intensity and he shows it when he plays. I guess Kobe and Garnett have that bond cause they both had to overcome that transition from highschool to pro game. So if tomorrows morning paper says Shaq was traded for Garnett, I wouldn't be surprised.
But for now.... SHAQ and KOBE remains the DYNAMIC DOU

Kobe our REAL MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby GuEsT on Wed May 21, 2003 10:03 am

Forget it!!!!Never going to happen!!!!The reason minnestoa is thinking about trading garnett is because they cant afford his contract extension,now what makes you think they can afford shaqs'.They want to trade garnetts' big contract and get alot of good(not great) players.....

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 21, 2003 4:31 pm

I also heard that KG for some Blazers players! Like Bonzi, Sheed, and Daniels, for KG......
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Wed May 21, 2003 7:57 pm

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] YOU. NO POSSIBILITY. SHUT THE [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] UP BOUT IT.

Postby Hellooo on Wed May 21, 2003 11:15 pm

Anonymous wrote:[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] YOU. NO POSSIBILITY. SHUT THE [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] UP BOUT IT.

LoL... wtf? Someone is a little psycho. :man9: I think garnett for shaq would be great. We would be better off in the long run. Im not saying its gonna happen, but its the kind of move that would scare alot of people.
Hellooo

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 2:15 am

Like homegyrl said b4! Ban this users ISP for the vulgar comments he/she just made. This person just shown the classless immaturity by attempting to deface our board. CL, look into this, por favor?
LakersGyrl2003

Postby MagicToKobe on Thu May 22, 2003 7:24 am

SHAQ IS MY DOGG...AND I WOULD REALLY HATE FOR HIM TO GO.................BUT.......IF WE ARE GONNA TRADE HIM, I DONT THINK KG IS A BAD CHOICE. I COULD SEE HIM AND KOBE TAKIN' IT TO THE REST OF THE NBA FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS.......KINDA MAKES YOU SAY HMMMMMMMMMMMM :man1:
Everyday is a challenge that eventually leads to victory!!!!!
MagicToKobe

Postby Guest on Thu May 22, 2003 9:21 am

Anonymous wrote:[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] YOU. NO POSSIBILITY. SHUT THE [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] UP BOUT IT.

Seriously dog, your starting to get on everyones nerves including mine. So cut out the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], your acting like a f'n kid. Time to grow up little boy.

Postby MIKEDOG on Thu May 22, 2003 9:22 am

That was me, I hate when I do that.
MIKEDOG

Postby GuEsT on Thu May 22, 2003 5:10 pm

why dont we talk about trading derek fisher,rick fox,and robert horry for tim duncan, kevin garnett, and tracy mcgrady.......THE SHAQ for GARNETT trade is not going to happen EVER!!!!They would never trade Garnett for Shaq both of there contracts are around the same figures.Minnestoa said they would be thinking of trading garnett to get rid of his salary because they cant afford it,So why would they want to pick up Shaqs salary....GET OVER IT,IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

Postby Guest on Fri May 23, 2003 11:36 am

Hellooo wrote:

LoL... wtf? Someone is a little psycho. :man9: I think garnett for shaq would be great. We would be better off in the long run. Im not saying its gonna happen, but its the kind of move that would scare alot of people.

Get over it! No one said it was gonna happen. Its just speculation. Something nice to think about.

Postby Reddy on Fri May 23, 2003 1:14 pm

GuEsT wrote:why dont we talk about trading derek fisher,rick fox,and robert horry for tim duncan, kevin garnett, and tracy mcgrady.......THE SHAQ for GARNETT trade is not going to happen EVER!!!!They would never trade Garnett for Shaq both of there contracts are around the same figures.Minnestoa said they would be thinking of trading garnett to get rid of his salary because they cant afford it,So why would they want to pick up Shaqs salary....GET OVER IT,IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

THANK YOU GUEST THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 24, 2003 1:50 pm

If we won the title this year, all this talk would not exist. Since we didn't everything is fair game. Shaq and KG. That trade will not happen, but its a good dream to have for a fan who looks at it 10 to 15 years from now, instead of next year.

The guest who tottaly disrespected my homegirl L-gyrl should be beaten to a pulp, then shot. Jerks like that should be ignored.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1 Laker fan on Mon May 26, 2003 2:41 pm

R u people serious? KG for Shaq. WRONG!! :bang: if Shaq was not with the lakers, then lakers would not have won a single ring. Even if the trade went down the lakers team would be kicked out of the playoffs like the blazers always do. No doubt that KG is arguablly the best forward around the lakers would not have as much as of dominance under the basket. Garnett could get 20 ppg while shaq will get 30 ppg. please if shaq was retiring and KG was a free agent then it would be cool to get KG. With that said the Lakers will take antoher 3-peat just like the Bulls did.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
#1 Laker fan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon May 26, 2003 3:44 pm

I suggest #1 LAKER FAN you should call SHAQ's fat [edited] and tell his a[edited] to get in SHAPE so he won't let his team down during the SEASON!!!.. If he comes to shape tipping the SCALES CLOSE TO 400 lbs comes training camp... I bet FANS will be really questioning his DEDICATION to the TEAM and his commitment to his FANS. I really hope he KEEPS his PROMISE this time unlike like the last couple years.

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby #1 Laker Fan on Mon May 26, 2003 4:01 pm

LISTEN UP #1 kOBE FAN :boxing1: :mad1: :mad1:

Im not taking anything away from kobe. Kobe got ripped off he was the MVP. All im sayin is the Lakers are a team they need Kobe, and they need Shaq. And the team was built around shaq. Kobe still is the best SG the NBA has seen in a while. U know since Jordan was in his prime. So listen #1 kOBE FAN its a team game.

so STOP PISSIN ME OFF :man2:
#1 Laker Fan

Postby GuEsT on Mon May 26, 2003 6:21 pm

what's the point of dreaming if it isn't going to happen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!EVER!!!

Postby Reddy on Mon May 26, 2003 6:30 pm

I agree with you #1 Laker Fan and Guest! :bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon May 26, 2003 11:00 pm

your abosutely right it is a team game. You win and lose together.
Its just too bad that a certain BIG FELLA took an extra month off in the season while his teammates were treading water. Why were they a below .500 team when SHAQ was out? because this team was built around the BIG FELLA who was nowhere to be found but on his ARSE on the bench. BECAUSE?..... he didn't opt for the surgery earlier. Not only that but, he didn't bother to watch what he ate .....he ballooned to nearly 400 lbs. Your telling me his bad foot caused him to gain so much weight?
NOPE . its called commitment to the game, organization and fans. Obviously, 3 rings was enough for the big guy..... why else would he let his body go like that. You would think 25 mill a year would get his butt on a BIKE or JENNY CRAIG or something. We really need to think if this team should change to REBUILDING around KOBE. I know its a team game but if the ANCHOR of the ship can't play or does not perform at the top of his capabilities because of physical shape than, maybe the ship should steer in another direction. I'm not saying trading SHAQ but get players that will help KOBE in the long run..... you know when SHAQ's weight finally catches up with him

KOBE our real MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Are you kidding me...

Postby lakesfansince83 on Fri May 30, 2003 11:16 am

first of all i would like to say KG for Shaq would be a great way to keep winning for many years to come.

But where is all of your purple and gold loyalty at???

How can anyone say to trade Shaq who brought championship gold back to L.A. I know winning isnt everyhting but its the only thing, but I'd rather be a sub par team than trade the heart that got us here. I have always said Im a laker fan first than a laker player fan second, I care about the makeup of this team, Yes I want championships year after year just like anyother L.A. fan..I want Kobe and Shaq to retire a laker whether it means not winning a championship for another decade, I am a fan of this team win or lose, I still watch 90% of the games during the season. So would I love to have KG on this team ..with out a doubt i would, but would i trade Diesel for KG absolutely not, shame on anyone of you so called lakers fan who would. Im out
lakesfansince83

Postby MIKEDOG on Fri May 30, 2003 11:25 am

Well Lakers fan" if you are a Lakers fan than why would you rather see the team lose than try and upgrade for the betterment of the team?? Your argument makes NO SENSE! it sound to me like you are putting a player befor the team. No one player is bigger than the team!!
MIKEDOG

Postby BDG on Fri May 30, 2003 12:06 pm

yeah, do you want to see us back in the title race or struggling to make it into the PLAYOFF race?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby natedawg on Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:11 pm

i would go for it...

if you guys heard shaqs latest comments regarding the past season... then you would see his selfish side... how come kobe can use his entire offseason and dedicate it to training when shaq cant?

anyhow.. shaqs comments were somewhat along the lines of:
"it isnt my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] fault. its my teammates fault. get me some [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] teamates that know how to [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] shoot the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ball. i dont have to change a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] thing. its my teammates that need to be changed. i can get a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] mvp if you put me in a position to do so."

true shaq brought us our first 3 championships. but think of the long run.. shaq is on the downside of his career obviously. minnasota will be glad just to get out of the first round, which shaq can help them do, and garnett has enough passion and skill to be a big man for the lakers. its better to get rid of shaq while hes worth something, instead of keeping him around until hes as worthless as soboner. this is a business. not a family.
natedawg

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion