Gary Payton charged with additional assault charges

Gary Payton charged with additional assault charges

Postby Coppertop on Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:08 pm

Three NBA players get added charge

.c The Associated Press

TORONTO (AP) - Former Milwaukee Bucks teammates Gary Payton, Sam Cassell and Jason Caffey were all charged with an additional count Friday for a fight in April.

None of the players was in court Friday.

The new count, assault causing bodily harm, is a more serious charge than the original one of assault.

The players are accused of fighting with four people outside a club while the Bucks were in Toronto to play the Raptors.

Payton signed a free-agent deal with the Los Angeles Lakers this week, while Sam Cassell recently was traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves.

07/18/03 19:55 EDT

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
Coppertop

Postby 4Rings on Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:10 pm

it's going from bad to worse!! :what:
If we are all thinking alike, then nobody is thinking!
4Rings

Postby HndsmCelt on Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:15 pm

I guess we will jsut have to call LA "Lower Portland"
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:16 pm

:disagree:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:22 pm

Hdsmcelt,

Don't talk to quickly about the Lakers being called Lower Portland, since we all know what's happening with Webber, Christie, and Keon Clark right now.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:22 pm

Man... We just arn't the lucky ones are we.... :nono2:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:27 pm

Hey when you are at the top...people can't wait to bring you down. Unfortanetly thats the theme in society today. If Kobe was an average dude, this [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] wouldn't even think about sleeping with him and even if she did, they would have had sex and leave it at that. Kobe's Kobe and she knew that and that is why she schemed into all this happenin. I'm just so upset at Kobe for fallin for it in the first place. There is seriously no doubt in my mind that he did not rape her, not because I know him personally, but just from what Vanessa said. She knows him best and she has had a baby with this man one year into their marriage. I don't care how rich you are, not every woman is like Anna Nicole Smith, and will stay with a man for their money. If Kobe once assaulted her, some way or another, she would have let everybody know. Fact of the matter is, her statement came out before even Kobe's did and she had nothing but praise for a husband that had just messed up on her. She knows Kobe best and she knows he is no raper...I refuse to believe that he is anything but innocent.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:29 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:I guess we will jsut have to call LA "Lower Portland"

Thats low HndsmCelt, even for you
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:47 pm

Yeah, I though you were more of a mature basketball fan than that HndsmCelt. We never poked fun at Webber's legal troubles.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:51 pm

Right, BDG...

I made fun of Webber and his TIMEOUT situation, but we had enough respect for the man's freedom and life.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Reddy on Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:31 pm

ouch
but we'll get through this i pray
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:16 pm

There is a time and season for everything.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby echo nation on Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:06 am

imma be bold and say even tho it was a low blow, the lower portland comment was kinda funny...

the only difference is Kobe is merely being charged, not yet convicted

and GP did that as a Buck, not a laker

we have a guy who made a ('a' - single) mistake... unlike the jailblazers whos made up of a team who coninues to make the same mistakes over and over and over and over (feel'n like th eenergizer bunny)
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby shaqass on Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:09 am

Vasashi17 wrote: There is seriously no doubt in my mind that he did not rape her, not because I know him personally, but just from what Vanessa said. She knows him best and she has had a baby with this man one year into their marriage

Well if I follow my heart I can only follow your opinion...but...have you ever heard story about nice quiet people, loved by everyone, married with children, a nice perfect familly. There was one not far from my home but at the end the police found out that he has sex with young children for more than 20 years.

I am not saying Kobe is guilty, I just want to say that sometime we have to see the reality and sometimes the reality doesn't sound like we would like. People can hide their personality for years and play a game behind a mask. That is harsh but since this story happen close to me, I prefer keeping my feet on the ground.

What I hate the most is that I don't believe in lawers, court, trial. I think we are all human beeing having opinion, beeing biased, making errors. If you are white, if you are black, if you are riche or poor if your are a public person.....all that make a difference at the end and that is sad and not fair. In Kobe's case that will play a huge role either good and bad.

I just pray he is innocent and all my body think he is.
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:41 am

this kobe thing is making me sick... it wont go away till this damm thing is over with
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Reddy on Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:44 am

I REALLY HOPE THAT'S SOON
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby echo nation on Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:52 am

c'mon guys, so many tghreads about Kobe (and theres nothing wrong with that) but this ones about GP.. lets try not to go off an tangents too much
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

kobe accuser photo

Postby delatribe on Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:11 pm

anybody see this lyin [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] i am dying to see what she looks like
delatribe

Re: kobe accuser photo

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:26 am

delatribe wrote:anybody see this lyin [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] i am dying to see what she looks like

true dat. that bytch has got to die.
and the article that coppertop posted says
"None of the players WAS IN court" dat doesnt make sense..

Return to Lakers Discussion