IS Gasol gonna be traded soon?!?!?!?

Re: IS Gasol gonna be traded soon?!?!?!?

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Weezy wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:Minny has been and still should be the target with Pau....Derrick Williams + others


As bad as Pau has been though is that still really enough for him? Is Derrick Williams and other role players going to save our season? I don't see it, and like others have said, why do that when Pau's value as an expiring this summer will be huge and this season is already pretty much over for us? I'd rather get the best deal we can later than take crap now.


Weez, I don't believe one deal will save the season. This team is in need of an overhaul ... I don't see a tweak here or there saving the season. The Lakers should try to make as many moves as they see fit to get the type of players needed to run MDA's offense. The Lakers are sooooo long in the tooth that even if got some good pieces in a Gasol trade, the rest of the team is still old and lacking athleticism. I am hopeful the Lakers could get it together but the realist in me just sees a team that is lacking in so many areas and would eventually get worked over by a young athletic team like OKC even if they made the playoffs.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
User avatar
Big Mamma Jamma

 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Re: IS Gasol gonna be traded soon?!?!?!?

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Well that's why I'm saying don't just trade Pau to trade him, mess up the 2014 free agency plan to add role players that aren't saving the season.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50881
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: IS Gasol gonna be traded soon?!?!?!?

Postby cthroatgtr on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:40 pm

I actually think the Lakers best lineup (when healthy) is D12, Hill, MWP, Nash & Kobe. Because Hill is just a garbage player he doesn't need to post up and won't try shooting 3s. He is much quicker than Gasol at this point and will get back on D. Sometimes its addition by subtraction. D Williams is a guy that doesn't fit in Minny but is Antoni's ideal PF. You could run Williams and MWP together. I really wish they could have gotten Williams & Beasley last year for Pau. Lakers really need a backup SF/wing that can score and defend and who is athletic. Backup PG wouldn't hurt but at worst Lakers have PG depth. Right now Kobe is playing a lot of SF and MWP is splitting between SF & PF.
cthroatgtr

 
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: so cal

Re: IS Gasol gonna be traded soon?!?!?!?

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Damian Necronamous wrote:Here's one that makes sense...

Derrick Williams, JJ Barea, Courtney Lee, Jared Sullinger, Brandon Roy to LAKERS

Pau Gasol, Devin Ebanks, Chris Wilcox to TIMBERWOLVES

Nikola Pekovic, Chris Duhon to CELTICS

The Lakers turn Pau, Duhon and Ebanks into four younger rotation players that also provide speed and athleticism. They take Brandon Roy for cap purposes, but his deal is only 2 years and he's likely retiring again anyways.

The T-Wolves don't have a lot of need for Barea when Rubio is back - Ricky and Ridnour are both ahead of him in the depth chart. In essence, they deal Pekovic and Williams to upgrade by getting their man Gasol. They're also freed from the failed Brandon Roy experiment.

The Celtics deal Courtney Lee (who isn't getting a lot of burn with Rondo, Terry and Bradley on the team) and Jared Sullinger to upgrade at the C spot with Pekovic and move KG to PF. Taking Chris Duhon's two year deal is the price of the upgrade.

We have to get AK in any deal with Minne. He can play PF & hit the 3, play defense, do a little bit of everything.. Perfect fit on a team where the PF isn't going to see many touches in the post & is struggling defensively.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: IS Gasol gonna be traded soon?!?!?!?

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Weezy wrote:Well that's why I'm saying don't just trade Pau to trade him, mess up the 2014 free agency plan to add role players that aren't saving the season.


Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. Gotcha now!
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
User avatar
Big Mamma Jamma

 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Re: IS Gasol gonna be traded soon?!?!?!?

Postby Vlade_12 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:28 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
Damian Necronamous wrote:Here's one that makes sense...

Derrick Williams, JJ Barea, Courtney Lee, Jared Sullinger, Brandon Roy to LAKERS

Pau Gasol, Devin Ebanks, Chris Wilcox to TIMBERWOLVES

Nikola Pekovic, Chris Duhon to CELTICS

The Lakers turn Pau, Duhon and Ebanks into four younger rotation players that also provide speed and athleticism. They take Brandon Roy for cap purposes, but his deal is only 2 years and he's likely retiring again anyways.

The T-Wolves don't have a lot of need for Barea when Rubio is back - Ricky and Ridnour are both ahead of him in the depth chart. In essence, they deal Pekovic and Williams to upgrade by getting their man Gasol. They're also freed from the failed Brandon Roy experiment.

The Celtics deal Courtney Lee (who isn't getting a lot of burn with Rondo, Terry and Bradley on the team) and Jared Sullinger to upgrade at the C spot with Pekovic and move KG to PF. Taking Chris Duhon's two year deal is the price of the upgrade.

We have to get AK in any deal with Minne. He can play PF & hit the 3, play defense, do a little bit of everything.. Perfect fit on a team where the PF isn't going to see many touches in the post & is struggling defensively.


that traded doesn't seems to slanted towards our side. Man we add alot of talent. Celtics seem to be short changed
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Playoff rotation! Bring Casspi or Ariza back home for a Title Run Mitch!!!
Vlade_12

 
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: IS Gasol gonna be traded soon?!?!?!?

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Vlade_12 wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:
Damian Necronamous wrote:Here's one that makes sense...

Derrick Williams, JJ Barea, Courtney Lee, Jared Sullinger, Brandon Roy to LAKERS

Pau Gasol, Devin Ebanks, Chris Wilcox to TIMBERWOLVES

Nikola Pekovic, Chris Duhon to CELTICS

The Lakers turn Pau, Duhon and Ebanks into four younger rotation players that also provide speed and athleticism. They take Brandon Roy for cap purposes, but his deal is only 2 years and he's likely retiring again anyways.

The T-Wolves don't have a lot of need for Barea when Rubio is back - Ricky and Ridnour are both ahead of him in the depth chart. In essence, they deal Pekovic and Williams to upgrade by getting their man Gasol. They're also freed from the failed Brandon Roy experiment.

The Celtics deal Courtney Lee (who isn't getting a lot of burn with Rondo, Terry and Bradley on the team) and Jared Sullinger to upgrade at the C spot with Pekovic and move KG to PF. Taking Chris Duhon's two year deal is the price of the upgrade.

We have to get AK in any deal with Minne. He can play PF & hit the 3, play defense, do a little bit of everything.. Perfect fit on a team where the PF isn't going to see many touches in the post & is struggling defensively.


that traded doesn't seems to slanted towards our side. Man we add alot of talent. Celtics seem to be short changed

Yeah I don't see the C's giving all that up.. They'll probably want to hold on to Lee, or Minne would get him to replace Barea. If we come away with Dwill2 or Lee + AK + Barea I'd be happy.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 23 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.