Get JERRY SLOAN Discussion

Re: Mike Brown replacements?

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:03 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't see any legit, realistic options that will come in and improve the team, can't see Phil coming back. He's not going to be fired anyway, this franchise doesn't fire coaches mid-season.

Del Harris and Paul Westhead say hello.
OX1947

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:04 pm

i'd be 200% for jerry sloan if he wants the job
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Re: (NOT A POLL) Get Jerry Sloan!!!

Postby DarthRekal on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:04 pm

so are our guys :man10:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:04 pm

Lakerjones: I don't think the players quit on Phil...these guys pretty much got to the Finals 3 years straight. They were gassed. They flamed out. I truly believe that.

I respect Sloan, but like Phil, I just don't see that happening. The obvious alpha coaches like Phil, JVG and Sloan just won't happen. Adelman wanted to coach the Lakers and look who beat him out. Wow! I feel Jimmy wants a young coach...a coach that hasn't gained that alpha mentality yet, kinda like what Spoelstra is doing in Miami.

I would like Rambis or Shaw at this point, but since they are jaded with the triangle, who knows if Jimmy would ever look their way.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:04 pm

OX1947 wrote:First of all, Phil's traingle would be 10 times worse right now for Nash. Second, Phil can barely walk. Phil is 66 years old and ailing.

Sloan is the guy we need. Need a bulldog who knows pick and roll and knows how to teach effort. And more important then anything, Sloan can yell at these guys and they would listen.

Sloan is 70 bro.

He can yell but then he'd need a nap.
JGC

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 pm

Sloan's Hall of Fame speech. Real talk. Humble dude. Hard nosed as they come. This is the guy Kobe already respects for good reason.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHYaKcekOP4
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 pm

JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:First of all, Phil's traingle would be 10 times worse right now for Nash. Second, Phil can barely walk. Phil is 66 years old and ailing.

Sloan is the guy we need. Need a bulldog who knows pick and roll and knows how to teach effort. And more important then anything, Sloan can yell at these guys and they would listen.

Sloan is 70 bro.

Sloan is built like a linebacker. He isn't human.
OX1947

Postby JGC on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:06 pm

DarthRekal wrote:so are our guys :man10:

Yeah and don't you see how two old people always bicker?
JGC

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:06 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't see any legit, realistic options that will come in and improve the team, can't see Phil coming back. He's not going to be fired anyway, this franchise doesn't fire coaches mid-season.

I think they will fire him if it gets bad enough. Management is well aware of the short window this team has and it can't be wasted simply out of fear of ditching a head coach midway through the season.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:06 pm

How old is Sloan? He's still good, but I think he's pushing 70, which is about the time that coaches retire.

I like the Rambis idea, as long as he minimizes the tri. Pringles is a big NO, although I can see Nash convincing Jimmy to give it a try. What about Nate McMillan? Is he available?
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:07 pm

JGC wrote:

Sloan is 70 bro.

70 is the new 50
lakersyunowin

Postby JGC on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:07 pm

OX1947 wrote:
JGC wrote:

Sloan is 70 bro.

He can barely stay awake. Come on.

JGC

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm

JGC wrote:

Sloan is 70 bro.

Coach Wooden was old too. Phil's old, too. Hubie Brown was an old coach. Larry Brown is old. Who cares? What matters is what they get out of the players.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby S.R.05 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm

bickerstaff, jordan, i dont care. just about anyone could run this team better than brown and im not being hyperbolic. he has no idea what he's doing. i would say he should go back to being an assistant coach but i dont really see what he brings to the table in that regard either
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:09 pm

JGC wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
JGC wrote:

Sloan is 70 bro.

He can barely stay awake. Come on.

yelling or yawning?

yawling™
lakersyunowin

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:11 pm

fksteveblake wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:I still think Brown deserves about 20 games before they pull the plug on him, but if they have any concerns about replacing him it needs to be done by then. They can't afford to wait until the Lakers are the 10th seed in February to do something about it.

can't afford to be 0-20.

The guy cannot coach...
What Brown can do for you is:
No one's got a clue. :mad1:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby JGC on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:12 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
JGC wrote:

Sloan is 70 bro.

Coach Wooden was old too. Phil's old, too. Hubie Brown was an old coach. Larry Brown is old. Who cares? What matters is what they get out of the players.

Hubie Brown resigned because of issues related to old age.

You don't go and hire a carcass just because you don't care. If you're going to make a change, and eat as much money as it is going to cost you to make a change, then you get someone who is going to fix things now and in the future.
JGC

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:13 pm

OX1947 wrote:

You know, I thought about Del Harris, but I couldn't remember if it happened or not. Westhead was before my time though. Still, that's two examples, in like 30 years.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 pm

pat riley!!!!!

:man12:
432J

Postby S.R.05 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 pm

Weezy wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

You know, I thought about Del Harris, but I couldn't remember if it happened or not. Westhead was before my time though. Still, that's two examples, in like 30 years.

so you're saying they're due for number 3 :man1:
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:22 pm

We should be talking about being 2-0....we should be talking about D12 and Kobe going 30+ and Dwight going to the line 19 times and sinking 15...but nope, we're talking about this idiot.

Sadly fam, I don't have a good feeling that the Lakers will fire him. Lets look at the money: LA will have to eat his contract and give him his guaranteed money. I think we have an option on his 4th year, but this season and next are guaranteed. That's 8M. Since this is LA and we acknowledge that we need a new coach, we're probably going to the upper-echelon and those types of coaches cost a pretty penny. So firing him and replacing him will be expensive.

Also, he has a built in excuse. Last year it was the lockout and shorten preseason along with fragile players after the whole CP3 debacle. This year it will be about learning a new offense and learning each other...which will take time.

So for the time being, unfortunately he's safe. No matter how you dice it, this guy is our Kruger and will terrorize us far worse than Dwightmare ever could. Settle in guys...he's not going anywhere. :man6:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:24 pm

JGC wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
JGC wrote:

Sloan is 70 bro.

You don't go and hire a carcass just because you don't care. If you're going to make a change, and eat as much money as it is going to cost you to make a change, then you get someone who is going to fix things now and in the future.

Sloan is 70, when Hubie Brown was 69-70 he won coach of the year. You're picking a poor example. Brown went on to coach for several more years before health issues hampered him. Sloan's as strong as an oxe. Chances are high that he will be just fine physically for the next few years.

This is a veteran team. Kobe's got about 3 more years left in his career. Same with Nash. They need a veteran coach that they respect. They don't need longevity. They just need a good coach. Sloan's a great one.

Your dismissal of Sloan as a "carcass" is crass, disrespectful, and unnecessary. If you don't like Sloan's coaching just say so. But I can't take your opinion seriously if you are throwing out nonsense like that.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:24 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:We should be talking about being 2-0....we should be talking about D12 and Kobe going 30+ and Dwight going to the line 19 times and sinking 15...but nope, we're talking about this idiot.

Sadly fam, I don't have a good feeling that the Lakers will fire him. Lets look at the money: LA will have to eat his contract and give him his guaranteed money. I think we have an option on his 4th year, but this season and next are guaranteed. That's 8M. Since this is LA and we acknowledge that we need a new coach, we're probably going to the upper-echelon and those types of coaches cost a pretty penny. So firing him and replacing him will be expensive.

Also, he has a built in excuse. Last year it was the lockout and shorten preseason along with fragile players after the whole CP3 debacle. This year it will be about learning a new offense and learning each other...which will take time.

So for the time being, unfortunately he's safe. No matter how you dice it, this guy is our Kruger and will terrorize us far worse than Dwightmare ever could. Settle in guys...he's not going anywhere. :man6:

*picks up phone book*
*flips to H*
hitmen...hitmen.........hitmen.................
lakersyunowin

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:28 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
JGC wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
JGC wrote:

Sloan is 70 bro.

Sloan is 70, when Hubie Brown was 69-70 he won coach of the year. You're picking a poor example. Brown went on to coach for several more years before health issues hampered him. Sloan's as strong as an oxe. Chances are high that he will be just fine physically for the next few years.

This is a veteran team. Kobe's got about 3 more years left in his career. Same with Nash. They need a veteran coach that they respect. They don't need longevity. They just need a good coach. Sloan's a great one.

Your dismissal of Sloan as a "carcass" is crass, disrespectful, and unnecessary. If you don't like Sloan's coaching just say so. But I can't take your opinion seriously if you are throwing out nonsense like that.

Look man, JCG is just trying to jack me from the TWC thread. But this time, he is trying to write stuff knowing I am on to something. Hold on, I have to put some emoticons so everyone doesnt think I'm serious or angry or some (bleep) like that:

:man8: :man2: :man1: :boxing1: :bow: :bang: :man4: :man9:
OX1947

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Image

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahhaahahahha, ah (bleep) man, I laughed so hard I busted arse with no control on. Luckily everyone was asleep in my house.
OX1947

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion