If we get Karl and Gary, We shouldn't start them all

If we get Karl and Gary, We shouldn't start them all

Postby murcielago62 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:49 pm

I think we should start with 2 of them. We'll been critized for not being deep, so bring Kobe/Karl off the bench would be crazy!Besides, We can't have 4 scorers on the court at same time, there wouldn't be enough ball to go around
User avatar
murcielago62

 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:22 pm
Location: Marietta, Ga

Postby Laker brain on Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:10 am

I think we'll mostly see an athletic team when we play quicker teams like Golden State, We'll probably have this line up for speed.
1- Jannero Pargo
2- Kobe Bryant
3- Devean George
4- Brian Cook
5- Shaquille Oneal
-----------------------------------------------
When we play SA Spurs we'll likely have these players on court.
1.Gary Payton
2.Kobe Bryant
3.Devean George
4.Karl Malone
5. Shaquille Oneal
-----------------------------------------------
If we need to make a 3pter to win at the end this will be the line-up
1.Derek Fisher
2.Gary Payton
3.Kobe Bryant
4 Devean George
5 Brian Cook
-----------------------------------------------
If the game is a blow out, we'll see
1. Pargo
2. Rush
3. Walton
4. Medvedenko
5. Cook
-----------------------------------------------
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
User avatar
Laker brain

 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 9:26 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:23 am

Theres plenty of ball to go around with 4 scorers on the FLOOR.
The Triangle is designed to get the ball to the open man.
With the 4 future hall of famers on the floor... the opponents will have to pick its poison.
KOBE is not going to come off the bench!!!
SHAQ is not going to come off the bench!!!
PAYTON is not going to come off the bench!!!
MALONE is not going to come off the bench!!!

With those 4 in the starting line-up... you have yourself a DREAM TEAM... damn...
What you have is:
SHAQ posibbly the BEST CENTER EVER!!!!
PAYTON the best defensive PG ever to play the game!!!
MALONE can be name the BEST POWER FORWARD to ever play the game!!
KOBE may go down someday as the BEST PLAYER EVER!!!!
User avatar
#1_Kobe_fan

 
Posts: 2806
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 3:09 pm
Location: Newport Beach

Postby Lakerqueen on Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:36 am

True, it would be kinda crazy to have all 4 of them on the court at the same time. But think about how incredibly good they would be! If the Lakers do manage to ink both Malone and GP, both of those players are going to have to learn to adjust to the Lakers' system. Furthermore, all four players will have to make adjustments to playing with that many players of such high ability. What will be great with having them all on the court at the same time is that there are so many options and threats. Double-teaming Kobe and Shaq will hardly be an option anymore.... that would just leave 3 other great players open, or with one man on them, and one other player. It's gonig to be great if this all plays out. :jam2:
User avatar
Lakerqueen

 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:15 pm
Location: Southern Cali

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:37 am

I think that both Malone and GP should come offa tha bench until they "prove" themselves. I think prolly after the all-star break is when Phil should take other players into consideration, and start changin the line-up too. That'll be coo, but then again, why fix something that isn't broken.. I like the idea of havin both Malone, GP, Kobe and Shaq on the court at the same time, but then again, we're still gonna need that spark of the bench. We need that 6th man.
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:01 am

I say we start all of the together at the beginning of the season just to break Malone and Payton into the triangle offense. Once they are comfortable, see if they have the chemistry needed for each to be effective in the offense. If they do, then take Malone off the bench, because of his age, so that when Shaq sits, Malone can come in and then he could demand the ball in the paint. If they don't have good chemistry together then, keep starting them together so they can develop some chemistry with each other and/or try other combinations with other players to see what works best. Phil practically did this all last year with the PF spot rotating between Madsen, Walker, and Horry. I just want all of them on one roster. I could care less of how Phil will play them, cause the bottom line is we will still win as long as we have them on our team.
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13008
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:24 am

There is no way that Kobe, Shaq, Payton, or Malone will come off the bench. You don't have future hall of famers and possibly the best players for their position come off the bench. For one Payton or Malone wouldn't like that too much. We will need all this fire power at the same time, this way we can dominate other teams and it will allow our other players to develop, (Rush, Walton, Cook, Slava, Pargo) because they will get more playing time due to the majority of our game will be blowouts. Phil will not start Cook, because he is a rookie. What more could Payton and Malone do to prove themselves, they have each been to the finals, have been an all star multiple times, and will be hall of famers, I think they have already proven themselves. Yes, I do think if they have a little difficulty picking up the offense then we might possibly need to have them come off the bench only until they know the offense. We have a sixth man, and his name is Fisher and Fox when he returns from his injury. Fisher is a good PG who will thrive when he can come in off the bench without pressure and play probably players that are more tired or players that are not as good as what he is used to playing. Why we need all 4 of these greats on the floor at the same time is because any of them will be able to score will ease, double teams will almost be non existent against the lakers, because you can't leave any of them open.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:04 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:I think that both Malone and GP should come offa tha bench until they "prove" themselves.


Hey LakerGyrl, no disrespect to you but I had to laugh when I read this from you. "until they Proove themselves"? You don't think Malone and Payton have proven they are good playa's? I'm sorry I can't even picture having Payton and Malone on the team and not making them starters. Phil likes to use Vets. Malone and Payton are Vets who have proven with other teams that they can get the job done. I think Phil will definitly put them in and get they as much playing time together as possible. Think about, Shaq, Payton, Malone, Bryant and George as our starting lineup. Do you really think our bench needs to be that deep with this lineup?
User avatar
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:10 pm

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:53 am

SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:
Hey LakerGyrl, no disrespect to you but I had to laugh when I read this from you. "until they Proove themselves"? You don't think Malone and Payton have proven they are good playa's? I'm sorry I can't even picture having Payton and Malone on the team and not making them starters.


I totally understand both sides between LG2003 and sterlingblue. But seriously what you guys need to understand are that YES, Malone and Payton have already proven themselves as star players, but how will they fit into such a complex offense in the TRIANGLE?! That I believe is what they need to prove, because as you've noticed, a few individuals tend to suffer in their game just because they get confused working the triangle. I do agree w/ LG2k3, bringing them off the bench until they understand how to work the offense isn't a bad idea. But I do understand where you are coming from SterlingBlue.
Image
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
User avatar
Lakers4Ever

 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:49 am
Location: Tustin, CA

Postby Neumatics on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:56 am

Uh...are you people insane? Kobe off the bench? That's absurd. Malone and GP on the bench until they "prove themselves"? That's a joke, right? Malone is the 2nd leading scorer in NBA history.....is that not "proving himself"? LOL....oh god....whatever
Neumatics

 

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:07 am

Lakers4Ever wrote: but how will they fit into such a complex offense in the TRIANGLE?! That I believe is what they need to prove, because as you've noticed, a few individuals tend to suffer in their game just because they get confused working the triangle. I do agree w/ LG2k3, bringing them off the bench until they understand how to work the offense isn't a bad idea. But I do understand where you are coming from SterlingBlue.


Thats a very good point Lakers4Ever. I just assumed that Payton and Malone, being the caliber of players they are, would have no problem picking up the triangle. If they do have problems with it I'm sure Phil will work with them on it. I'm also sure that Maloneand payton wouldn't even think about comming here unless they felt that they could work with the triangle offense. Besides Phil and the the lakers Management must also think that malone and Payton could work within the offense or they wouldn't have even gone after them. But I can see where LakerGryl is comming from. Like I said I didn't mean any disrespect. It just made me kinda laugh thinking about these two superstars comming off the bench.
User avatar
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:10 pm

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:13 am

Its all good SterlingBlue, completely understandable. It's just when I watched how Rush and Pargo played the offense last year, they were always ONLY ASSIGNED to run the baseline and stay in the corner, the easiest part of the movement in the triangle. And if you watch everyone else as far as Fox, George, Kobe, etc., they'd handle the complex portion of it. It takes alot of work to understand the offense. In time they will adjust, hopefully sooner than later.
Image
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
User avatar
Lakers4Ever

 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:49 am
Location: Tustin, CA

Postby whats golden on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:18 am

I agree JSM, start GP, Malone, Kobe and Shaq. And watch when Fisher wins the 6th man award next season
Image

Image

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
User avatar
whats golden

 
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:58 am
Location: "I come from a land downunder"

Postby no name on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:55 am

i like thge idea of staring

O'Neal
Malone
Walton
Bryant
Payton

that way we have 4 future hall-of-famers and a son of a hall-of-famer in our starting line-up. just up until fox comes back, because we will need some firepower off the bench with fisher and george and then sign a pf-c hybrid typre player - like drobnjak, skinner or kemp.
no name

 

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:53 am

Walton or Cook won't start, because Phil doesn't like to start rookies, much less give them playing time. So I highly doubt either one of our rookie will start, if they do it would only be because George got injured also, but then Phil would just move Kobe up to SF, Payton to SG(remember he played this some with the Bucks and Cassell ran the point), and Fisher to PG. So I don't see why or how he would start one of our rookies.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:36 pm

Great thread guys, I was actually debating with myself today...

What's ectually more scary, all four of them on the court at the same time, or them seperated in two's at a time. Can you say never-ending firepower?
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:46 pm

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:Theres plenty of ball to go around with 4 scorers on the FLOOR.
The Triangle is designed to get the ball to the open man.
With the 4 future hall of famers on the floor... the opponents will have to pick its poison.
KOBE is not going to come off the bench!!!
SHAQ is not going to come off the bench!!!
PAYTON is not going to come off the bench!!!
MALONE is not going to come off the bench!!!

With those 4 in the starting line-up... you have yourself a DREAM TEAM... damn...
What you have is:
SHAQ posibbly the BEST CENTER EVER!!!!
PAYTON the best defensive PG ever to play the game!!!
MALONE can be name the BEST POWER FORWARD to ever play the game!!
KOBE may go down someday as the BEST PLAYER EVER!!!!


hahahahah I agree with you on this!! Damm thats four all stars!! They cant come off the bench!! I would fire that coach!!! The Lakers are an allstar team!!
User avatar
zetaw00d

 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 2:43 pm
Location: Lakewood

Postby Kobe's Empire on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:02 pm

lets just assume that mr. malone is coming to LA...now hopefully this will happen:

shaq-25 points
malone- 20
payton-20
kobe-30
devean-10(hopefully)

thats 105 points just from the starters. and give a few here and there off the bench.

NOW, i doubt this will happen, but it can. too many stars = too many shots, but u never know. and with this many stars, the point load will lean too 1 or 2 players per game. u never know. and we gotta rest malone and payton at the start of the season a little cause their vets. but id love to have a perfect season (beating the bulls regular season record and winning the title, i can taste the champaigne already)


ps. i hope we arent jinxing this stuff. because we all know that teams taht have been damn good havent won it. or teams that have had many stars havent won it......BUT IT'S OK, WE ARENT NO CHOKERAMENTO for that to happen to us. :jam2:
User avatar
Kobe's Empire

 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: La Crescenta/Glendale, California

Postby pltan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:09 pm

I like the idea of starting all 4 and then staggering their rest periods so there will always be a combination of at least 2 of our marquee players on the floor at all times.
Image
pltan

 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 9:42 pm
Location: Singapore

Postby pltan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:13 pm

Kobe's Empire wrote:and we gotta rest malone and payton at the start of the season a little cause their vets. but id love to have a perfect season (beating the bulls regular season record and winning the title, i can taste the champaigne already)



I don't think there's any reason to rest Malone and Payton, they haven't had any fitness issues. And Malone has consistently played into the playoffs (granted mainly to the first and second rounds).
Image
pltan

 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 9:42 pm
Location: Singapore

Postby Neumatics on Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:00 pm

Shaq - 23.5 ppg
Kobe - 24.5 ppg
Malone - 14 ppg
Payton - 15 ppg
George - 6 ppg
Neumatics

 

Postby BDG on Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:08 pm

there's NO WAY they're gonna bench payton and malone, especially because of their egos. we don't need to either. as long as we have the game tempo under control, we're fine.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:41 pm

There will be lineups for different situations. We will have diffrent lineups, doesn't matter if all four are in...right?

Like I said before what's more dangerous?
- Keeping all four on the court at the same time...

or

- Rotating them in?
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby Kobe's Empire on Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:38 pm

no its about winning, shaq will get the ball more this year, hopefully he'll be in shape. and malone and GP will do anything to win. why else sign for low and mid range when ur a hall of famer? This is how it should go:

start all 4 with deavean and keep rotating them 2 by 2, always a big man and one of hte gaurds. kobe with shaq or kobe with malone. or GP with malone or with shaq. unless u really wanna run for a long time, this is a good lineup: GP, fish, kobe, deavean, karl.

it's sad, cuase know they'll give the MVP to another team. if they give it to duncrap, its set up. duncrap didnt deserve it both years. probably garnett, t-crap, or vincrapity. (vince will come back this year) if somehow form the depths of hell peirce gets it i will stop watching the NBA.
User avatar
Kobe's Empire

 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: La Crescenta/Glendale, California


Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.