Getting greedy..........

Getting greedy..........

Postby KobeShowtime on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:22 pm

I live in Michigan and am bombarded with Detroit Pistons news but have always been a huge laker fan. I just found this page about a week ago and I dont know how i lived without it for so long....so Thank you to whoever runs this.....my life is forever changed...now on to greediness.....

Im not jumping to conclusions about Payton and Malone but here are some things Ive heard from all my researching on this topic...malone has stated that the Lakers have been his #1 choice all along and hes ready to play for a championship, not only for the scoring record(which he wouldnt have to be to selfish to obtain like the media tries to pint out, not to mention he doesnt miss many games so we know he comes to play all year long).......Sweet....Also ive ehard Payton quoted as telling close friends that he believes he'll end up with the Lakers but he wants to make it interesting until July 16th, and hes joked around about how it will be great to play with LA and get that championship. He also has made comments to how he wants to play for a team with a coach that once coached MJ and has two stars (hint, hint....it aint Dougie Collins and the Wiz).....my belief is that they ARE coming and i expect both to be signed by Thursday the 17th at the latest......Did anybody see Paytin on the best Damn last night? Tom Arnold was joking about him being a Laker and what not, it was kind of amusing......

So anyway....What about Pippen and Piatkowski? these are 2 free agents I wouls still love to have......remember after the All Star game this year there was talk about Pippen being MVP....can you imagine him joining this team also? Imagine what he could do if he could get out of Felon Central aka Portland...also Piatkowski i think is the kind of spark we need to come in and drain the 3 (he reminds me off a tough good sized guard that just provides good offense like Jon Barry).......I know that the rumors on these guys have been overshadowed by the recent big news but Im GREEDY and i still want them!!! The only thing is where might they fit in...and who would we have to lose to get them? Im curious what you think about them, and would you be willing to part with any players to add them to the roster, and what are some realistic chances of getting them can you imagint this roster?

1- GP, D-fish, Pargo
2- Kobe, Piatkowski, Rush
3- Pippen, George, Fox,
4- Malone, Cook
5- Diesel, Slava

IR-Walton

Also is it possible that we wont see a Mark Madsen championship dance next June? What is his status....

All in all even if the lakers added no free agents and the Spurms get Zo and Kidd and the Mavs get Payton and whoever.....Damn last night? Tom Arnold was joking about him being a Laker and what not, it was kind of amusing......

So anyway....What about Pippen and Piatkowski? these are 2 free agents I wouls still love to have......remember after the All Star game this year there was talk about Pippen being MVP....can you imagine him joining this team also? Imagine what he could do if he could get out of Felon Central aka Portland...also Piatkowski i think is the kind of spark we need to come in and drain the 3 (he reminds me off a tough good sized guard that just provides good offense like Jon Barry).......I know that the rumors on these guys have been overshadowed by the recent big news but Im GREEDY and i still want them!!! The only thing is where might they fit in...and who would we have to lose to get them? Im curious what you think about them, and would you be willing to part with any players to add them to the roster, and what are some realistic chances of getting them can you imagint this roster?

1- GP, D-fish, Pargo
2- Kobe, Piatkowski, Rush
3- Pippen, George, Fox,
4- Malone, Cook
5- Diesel, Slava

IR-Walton

Also is it possible that we wont see a Mark Madsen championship dance next June? What is his status....

All in all even if the lakers added no free agents and the Spurms get Zo and Kidd and the Mavs get Payton and whoever.....I still consider the Lakers odds on favorites....with a healthy and hungrier team they still are amazing...they have the best player ever and the most dominant......if horry's Three would have went down in game 5 i honestly think we would have 4-peated.....then i would never have to hear all these ridiculous comments about Duncan being the best player in the NBA.....Feel free to discuss that lame a$$ bank shotting overrated Deamon Deacon.....without Steve Kerr they might not even have won the Title. I hate Duncan always have and always will.....

sorry about the ridiculously long message but hey im popping my clublakers cherry!
KobeShowtime

Postby KobeShowtime on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:25 pm

Somehow my post got messed up sorry about the grammatical errors..bear with me
KobeShowtime

Postby BDG on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:28 pm

it's all good... I want to see another Madsen dance next year though... if the Lakers don't pick him up (probable), and no one does, I would sign him to the front office (the kid's from Stanford), and bring him back do dance for us next year!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:02 pm

Nice to see a fellow Laker fan in Michigan.

Welcome to the site and glad you found it.

The news here in Los Angeles is getting better and better about Payton and Malone arriving and wearing the purple and gold.

What used to be "Stockton to Malone", will become "Payton to Malone" coming this season.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

for KobeShowtime

Postby Shaq Fan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:59 pm

Instead of Pippen or Pike I think the Lakers will be signing Jon Barry.

What do u guys think!
Shaq Fan

Postby KobeShowtime on Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:55 pm

I love Johhny B...he is definitely a spark off the bench and he already knows the triangle offense....a big plus. Also he is definitely a vets min kinda guy...its hard to write about Pike or Barry im just too damn pupmed about the Purple and gold glove.....can you dig it?
KobeShowtime

Return to Lakers Discussion