Giving it up to Nick

Giving it up to Nick

Postby Neumatics on Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:32 pm

Nick Van Exel played one hell of a playoffs this year. Major props to the quick. Let's never forget 95' and the series against Seattle and San Antonio when Nick willed us to every victory we got
Neumatics

Postby SHAQ-34 on Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:38 pm

i liked nick van exel when he was a laker i still like him now he really fighted, hard for the mavs but they just couldn't complete the mission to the Finals
SHAQ-34

Postby echo nation on Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:18 am

i'll always be a VAn-Exel fan, playing with the enemy or not
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Laker brain on Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:40 am

Not me, Van Exel talked trash about us.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby echo nation on Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:42 am

i know

but i'll get over it

i know where my loyalties are, thats good enough
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby kobe_babee on Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:50 am

all playas that are traded or not signed talk trash abt their old teams. but giv it up to nick, he can play deep. talk abt his 3's.
kobe_babee

Postby Makaveli on Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:57 am

i dont know why i've never liked nick. he's the reason i stopped liking the lakers back when he played, something about him... but after him stepping up and talking about kobe's accuser being a groupie trying to help kobe out i got respect
Makaveli

Postby kobe_babee on Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:03 am

really? so he's got kobe's back, huh. coo...
nick's face always annoyed me.. reminds me of fly wid a basktball.. not ta be mean and all, hey but i stil like him
kobe_babee

Postby Island Laker Fan on Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:26 am

Talkin smack is what Nick does on and off the court. Almost every player wants to stick it to his former team, Nick is no different. Lynch, Campbell, Christie, the list goes on and on. Even our beloved Horry is calling the Combo, "Ballhogs" :disagree: At least Nick backs up his mouth with his game. He always plays big against us. Nick was the original captain of the Lakeshow before Shaq and Kobe. If I'm not wrong I think he's the one who coined the phrase "The Lakeshow!" Big Game James said that he would one day lead the team back when Nick was a rookie. On Nick's Behind the Glory, Logo said that Nick was his favorite Laker by far. If he's good enough for Logo he's good enough for me :bow: I miss the upper cuts after a big 4th quarter dagger!
Oahu is my home...The Lakers are my OHANA
From SHOWTIME...To The Lakeshow...To The Four-Sided Triangle
Island Laker Fan

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:30 am

and the nve trade was the dumbest thing ever
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:56 am

We had to give him up... But he talked ish about us before the playoffs... He said that we're not gonna make the playoffs, and that we're gonna prolly get kicked outta the 1st round... MAN!! But I loved him when we had him, but times change, players pass, and we move on. :man12:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:17 am

I'm really proud that Nick da Quick was part of Laker history...and all you guys know, that we probably have the richest history (besides the celtics) in the league. I agree that the trade was wack.....can you imagine if we still had him, along with EJ and Campbell......we would be unstoppable. But the only way would be if Nick had a role like he does with Dallas. I'm sorry guys if i'm wasting your time...but just look at this team:

PG) Payton Reserves: Van Excellent, Fisher, Pargo
SG) Kobe Reserves: Eddie Jones, Rush
SF) Fox Reserves: Devean, Walton
PF) Malone Reserves: Slava, Cook
C) Shaq Reserves: Elden Campbell

Now granted there are 15 heads on this roster, so we would probably waive Slava and Pargo (even though I would try to keep him on the IL) but that is just a deep deep team with allstars, veterans, and rookies. We would own the NBA. But there would definitely have to be some pay cuts. Anyways, thanx for bearing with me you guys...sorry if I wasted your time.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Neumatics on Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:23 am

Makaveli, you stopped rooting for the lakers because of Nick? Wack...that 94-95 squad is still one of my favorite laker teams ever
Neumatics

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:00 am

I never thought that Nick was a problem. Nick was a Symptom of the problem, the prolem was Del Harris. He was unable to turn the talent into a team, and that is the job of the coach.
i liked the intensity that Nick brought to the team. If you missed the special on him, you really missed something good.
That 'fight' with Steve Javy was just like I called it. Nick said that he was trying to break free from the equipment manager, and the momentum caused him to lurch forward into Javy.
Slayer Alstarx

Postby kobe6962 on Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:28 am

Even though Nick talked trash I'll always like him. Remember when he lit Seattle up in game 4 of the first round that was sweet. I also loved when he lit the Queens up this year too. Also the game when Shaq hit the game winner against Utah on April 13, 1997. He gave Shaq a sweet pass
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby Neumatics on Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:13 pm

I still have that game 4 on VHS.
Neumatics

Postby kingjsun on Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:33 pm

How do we go about getting a copy?
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby SWOL on Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:41 pm

nick you little [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] :bang:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby echo nation on Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:16 pm

other than the fact that they didnt win as much

Divas
Campbell
Ceballos
Jones
VAn Exel

was definately my favorite lineup to watch

when they were hot and on the run, o boy, it was good times
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Neumatics on Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:50 pm

I might be pursuaded to trade my copy of game 4 of the first round series in 95' for...say...game 7 of portland, the miracle comeback. I accidently recorded over the last 30 minutes of that game when I was recording a chick hearn interview. And yeah, I loved that team.
Neumatics

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:53 pm

Remember when they went into Orlando with Shaq still there and they just blew out the Magic. There was one sequence that was just off the hook. Someone got the rebound off an Orlando miss and LA worked the ball all the way up the floor for a lob dunk from Van Exel to Jones, without even one dribble. That game was a clinic...the just blitzed the Magic from the get go...I wonder what Shaq was thinking about, as his team got worked.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion