God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:43 am

Love ESPN.

Skip Bayless just said Kobe's scoring showed the Lakers are vulnerable and the rest of the west should notice. He said that Kobe returned to his selfishness (for just one night) and that is proven by his 3 assist and 0 rebounds.

Funny thing when J. Hill called him out on the hypocracy of MJ not getting called out for his "selfish" play. Skip said MJ hardly ever did that without having 12 or so assist and 8 rebounds. He also said MJ did all his scoring in the flow of the game unlike Kobe who forces shot after shot.

WOW they can't just give Kobe credit for a great game?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby d.James on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:05 am

I am no fan of the ESPN networks because they don't do anything but kiss the sports they cover and the NFL is 90% of its coverage. The Sacramento game on Super Bowl Sunday, an overtime, high-scoring affair for a team that never gets pub, was overlooked completely. I wouldn't bring this up except that ESPN documents throughout the NFL season which games are good and which aren't. They'll pre-empt the playoffs of every sport for free agent NFL news. When was NBA Fastbreak on as much as NFL Live?

They turned them into the NHL.
Last edited by d.James on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby wallangong on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:08 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Love ESPN.

Funny thing when J. Hill called him out on the hypocracy of MJ not getting called out for his "selfish" play.

i love how before Skip could respond he stuttered for like 5 seconds. :man10: he was just trying to pull anything out of his arse
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby nameant on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:10 am

"In a lot of ways, it wasn't as dramatic as it could have been b/c a lot of the work was done at the FT line, but...."

Gotta love ESPN.
nameant

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:16 am

wallangong wrote:

Funny thing when J. Hill called him out on the hypocracy of MJ not getting called out for his "selfish" play.

i love how before Skip could respond he stuttered for like 5 seconds. :man10: he was just trying to pull anything out of his arse

yeah that was funny HIll caught him off gaurd with that question
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby 100%effort on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:19 am

Skip Bayless just said Kobe's scoring showed the Lakers are vulnerable and the rest of the west should notice. He said that Kobe returned to his selfishness (for just one night) and that is proven by his 3 assist and 0 rebounds.

Funny thing when J. Hill called him out on the hypocracy of MJ not getting called out for his "selfish" play. Skip said MJ hardly ever did that without having 12 or so assist and 8 rebounds. He also said MJ did all his scoring in the flow of the game unlike Kobe who forces shot after shot.

I'm glad J.Hill called him on it. His whole arugment was hyprocritcal. What about Pau's 31 and 14. Skip replied they were all putbacks. The bias against Kobe and the Lakers is so blatantly wrong that it's funny. What got me was Jay saying Kobe's 61 got him back into the MVP talks. Huh, he can't be serious.
100%effort

Postby nameant on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:21 am

MJ had 2 assists the night he dropped 55 in the Garden, and his 2nd came on the final play of the game. Nice try though Skip.
nameant

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:24 am

100%effort -
^ yeah the Pau got his as garbage points because many players get 30 on garbage points..LMAO
puffyusaf#2

Postby LakerPride247 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:36 am

You know if you watch ESPN and treat it like you would a sitcom it becomes easier to watch.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

Heat President/Acid abuser Pat Riley
LakerPride247

Postby strikemode14 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:48 am

First when hill called skip out on it straight up Skip had nothing to say and was stammering. Then he threw in the b.s about the 12 REBOUNDS which is a lot of crap and 8 asts which yeah he got them but, never time he went off.

Second LMAO at Pau getting 30 pts on garbage stuff..I really want Skip to actually break down some film and show the world how you get 30 pts on putbacks and garbage. No way.

Third if you are going to condemn the game or the lakers at least bring up a valid pt. Example the lakers are kind of vulenerable b/c they gave up 117 pts to an avg team and let Lee go for 22 and 12. That might have given them some crediblity but, the crap about kobe basically being a ballhog and the lakers vunerable was laughable.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby GinoDB on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:54 am

LOL if Pau got 30 pts from garbage put backs, he would be G.O.A.T if he played for Dantoni
GinoDB

Postby Fade-Away on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:32 am

GinoDB wrote:LOL if Pau got 30 pts from garbage put backs, he would be G.O.A.T if he played for Dantoni

ESPN is just insane, seriously, there mad because Kobe has mroe money than all of them, he is one of the best athletes in the world, and on track to being better than MJ, these people are just sickos.
Fade-Away

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:33 am

I was just thinking while watching all the "whose game was better Kobe's or MJ's" talk on ESPN today that they say MJ because he played against harder competition. I have a couple of problems with this question/argument.

1- MJ did play against tougher competition when he dropped 55
2- No one mentions that Kobe is playing with 3 fingers on his shooting hand
-if it wasn't for him being a Laker we would never even know he was he hurt
3- How come when LBJ had that great triple-double no one talked about the competition

I love the way ESPN double talks
puffyusaf#2

Postby Fade-Away on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:36 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I was just thinking while watching all the "whose game was better Kobe's or MJ's" talk on ESPN today that they say MJ because he played against harder competition. I have a couple of problems with this question/argument.

1- MJ did play against tougher competition when he dropped 55
2- No one mentions that Kobe is playing with 3 fingers on his shooting hand
3- How come when LBJ had that great triple-double no one talked about the competition

I love the way ESPN double talks

Super double standards, MJ played one on one Defense, not to mention in a water downed era.

Kobe, plays Zone defense, 3v1 and his right side of his body is almost handicapable. Its kinda of sick dude, oh well, i think when he retires, he will be the best that ever played.
Fade-Away

Postby GinoDB on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:42 am

I guess this is how it is to espn

Kobe going for 60 = gay man sex= wrong

Jordan or Bron for 50+ = sexy lesbian sex = awesome

double standards
GinoDB

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:51 am

^^ haha

The most recent 2 polls on ESPN front page since the game were:

Will Kobe EVER have a 61 point game again? (right after the game)

and

Is Kobe's 61 more impressive than Jordan's 55?

When I voted the poll was 96% yes 4% no, and last time I checked 61 is greater than 55 so...

and you KNOW that if LBJ dropped 61 on the Knicks the Poll would be:

Should the NBA disband since we've obviously seen basketball perfection?
^ Yes ^ No

:man10:

LOL at ESPN bias.
phoenixrisingla

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:56 am

I've seen multiple articles citing Kobe's number with LeBron James in mind now. I guess ESPN can't stomach all this Kobe love and is hoping LeBron drops 62 so they can go back to worshiping him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:07 pm

it is crazy they just can't help hating on the man
puffyusaf#2

Postby DarthRekal on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:09 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:2- No one mentions that Kobe is playing with 3 fingers on his shooting hand

THESE!!!!!!!!!... BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!! :man2: :man2: :man2: :bang:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:10 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:it is crazy they just can't help hating on the man

Well they did give him a lot of love too. They dedicated the first 10 -15 minutes of an hour long show to him... It was interspersed by " Got away with a travel" etc. but still, more love than usual. All he has to do is make history, that's all.

Edit : I think that I now can't stand Plasche. The guy is an absolute idiot. He is now spewing stuff about Brad Miller being the new missing link to the Lakers puzzle. He's already predicting doom about the Lakers season... Why can't LAs writers be f**king supportive?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby DJ Qube on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:31 pm

I was looking for this thread last night.. glad to see it got bumped.

During Sportscenter, they led the story with "Kobe went for 61 at the Garden tonight, thanks in part to the Knicks playing zero defense". :disagree:
DJ Qube

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:43 pm

DJ Qube wrote:I was looking for this thread last night.. glad to see it got bumped.

During Sportscenter, they led the story with "Kobe went for 61 at the Garden tonight, thanks in part to the Knicks playing zero defense". :disagree:

Give ESPN props man, they gave him a lot of love. They made a huge deal about this, and yes they added a bunch of crap in there too, and they incorporated Lebron, but they still gave him a lot love too.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:43 pm

I did like what JRIB had to say in his initial burn calling out all the haters that are trying to jump on Kobe's game
puffyusaf#2

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:47 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:and you KNOW that if LBJ dropped 61 on the Knicks the Poll would be:

Should the NBA disband since we've obviously seen basketball perfection?
^ Yes ^ No

:man10:

LOL at ESPN bias.

That literally made me laugh out loud at my desk. Nice work. :man10:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby lakerholic on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:56 pm

"The King" (yuck!) plays at MSG tomorrow night. I GUARANTEE YOU these two things:

1) He doesn't hit anywhere close to 40, much less 60

2) ESPN makes a HUGE DEAL OF THIS and intimates that "The King" trusts his teammates more than Kobe and that his assists/rebounds show this.

I HATE BSPN!
"No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but that damn boy Kobe Bryant is The Closer."
lakerholic

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion