God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:03 pm

lakerholic wrote:"The King" (yuck!) plays at MSG tomorrow night. I GUARANTEE YOU these two things:

1) He doesn't hit anywhere close to 40, much less 60

2) ESPN makes a HUGE DEAL OF THIS and intimates that "The King" trusts his teammates more than Kobe and that his assists/rebounds show this.

I HATE BSPN!

Jeez man, havent you been reading the news? The Knicks GAVE Kobe 61 by not playing any defense at all.

When LBJ earns his 30-10-8 while carrying his team (how are they still getting away with saying this BTW?) he will prove that he is the more talented player.

Kobe shouldnt have rubbed it in NY's faces by actually competing either. What a jerk.

:man10:
phoenixrisingla

Postby lakerholic on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:20 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
lakerholic wrote:"The King" (yuck!) plays at MSG tomorrow night. I GUARANTEE YOU these two things:

1) He doesn't hit anywhere close to 40, much less 60

2) ESPN makes a HUGE DEAL OF THIS and intimates that "The King" trusts his teammates more than Kobe and that his assists/rebounds show this.

I HATE BSPN!

Jeez man, havent you been reading the news? The Knicks GAVE Kobe 61 by not playing any defense at all.

When LBJ earns his 30-10-8 while carrying his team (how are they still getting away with saying this BTW?) he will prove that he is the more talented player.

Kobe shouldnt have rubbed it in NY's faces by actually competing either. What a jerk.

:man10:

LOL, exactly! :man10:
"No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but that damn boy Kobe Bryant is The Closer."
lakerholic

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:36 pm

therealdeal wrote:
DJ Qube wrote:I was looking for this thread last night.. glad to see it got bumped.

During Sportscenter, they led the story with "Kobe went for 61 at the Garden tonight, thanks in part to the Knicks playing zero defense". :disagree:

Give ESPN props man, they gave him a lot of love. They made a huge deal about this, and yes they added a bunch of crap in there too, and they incorporated Lebron, but they still gave him a lot love too.

Yeah, they did, but they wouldn't have if the game were anywhere not in NY. Plus, it takes 61 points just for Kobe to make the front page on ESPN.com and get love on tv, whereas all LeBron has to do is score 30 and they gush about him in the highlights.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby superbad on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:42 pm

we should make another thread... WHAT WOULD ESPN POLLS ASK NEXT?
^^^ THE SHOT THAT GAVE US OUR FOURTH RING! 15TH MOFOS! ^^^
superbad

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:43 pm

Props doesn't count if after every statement you have a "but" that is what they have done.

Kobe scored 61 on an historic night BUT was it better than MJ's 55.
Kobe drops 61 as Lakers beat Knicks BUT Cavs and Celtics are up next what will LBJ do?

It doesn't matter what Kobe does they absolutely can not give him credit. When they do it has to have a disclaimer of some sort to minimize what he has done. How much did we hear about his triple-doubles? How many times did we hear about 45 assist in 3 games? How many times have we heard he is shooting with a butchered hand? The answer is simple we haven't.

Let this be LBJ or D Wade and it is a slobber fest equal to a 2 dollar ho convention at a party for millionaires.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:59 pm

Seriously, BSPN is pathetic. I just wish there was another sports network but unfortunately there isn't.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:07 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Props doesn't count if after every statement you have a "but" that is what they have done.

Kobe drops 61 as Lakers beat Knicks BUT Cavs and Celtics are up next what will LBJ do?

It doesn't matter what Kobe does they absolutely can not give him credit. When they do it has to have a disclaimer of some sort to minimize what he has done. How much did we hear about his triple-doubles? How many times did we hear about 45 assist in 3 games? How many times have we heard he is shooting with a butchered hand? The answer is simple we haven't.

Let this be LBJ or D Wade and it is a slobber fest equal to a 2 dollar ho convention at a party for millionaires.

You guys are right. I'm just saying, that at least it's better than nothing. Trust me I hate them as much as any one of you guys, but at least it's something...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:22 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Props doesn't count if after every statement you have a "but" that is what they have done.

Ah you must have missed NBA Tonight on BSPN 30 minutes ago....A 10 min exposee where Leglar and Mash said Jordan's 55 was better than Kobe's 61. It was purposeful and carefully scripted show to diminish what Kobe did last night, something that political campaign organizers would be PROUD of.

I swear it was so obvious, the intended purpose, that I pretty much laughed at the whole show.
borri

Postby borri on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:24 pm

therealdeal wrote:

You guys are right. I'm just saying, that at least it's better than nothing. Trust me I hate them as much as any one of you guys, but at least it's something...

I gotta disagree. Getting NOTHING is better than getting scraps.

Feigned respect is worse than someone telling you you stink to your face.
borri

Postby kray28 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 pm

BSPN is just playing Fox Snooze to Kobe Bryant's Barack Obama.

Drama like politics, sells.

In the end, it's all entertainment, right?
kray28

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:45 pm

Well most things on NBAtv are crap anyway those are the the junior-junior league
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:01 am

If you want to hear some really, truly obvious bias from ESPN watch the SportsCenter that's on right now until the very end. Or hell watch it right now. I almost puked...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:16 am

^^ details?
phoenixrisingla

Postby kray28 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:26 am

therealdeal wrote:If you want to hear some really, truly obvious bias from ESPN watch the SportsCenter that's on right now until the very end. Or hell watch it right now. I almost puked...

Only time I watch BSPN is if there's a game on that I can't see anywhere else.

Otherwise, I don't watch and I avoid their website as well.
kray28

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:41 am

NBAtv Headline "Lebron gets crack at Kobe's MSG record"

It really amazes me that these writers have discredited what Kobe has done so much that they basically think Bron can "just do it" at will.
puffyusaf#2

Postby kray28 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:52 am

It will be hilarious to see him try to get it. I want him to try to do it....even at the risk of losing to the Knicks. More comedy will occur after the game when they will attempt to spin any result to LeBron's benefit.

Outcomes:
1. He fails - they concentrate on his rebounds and assists, say he played an unselfish, more well rounded, "team" game and that he out winning the game and the team first.

2. He succeeds - LOL. I doubt this happens, but if it does, the entire East Coast will suffer temporary hearing loss and blindness as every as every college fratboy jock douche that rocks a pinstripe for BSPN will cream their pants and holler from every rooftop in Bristol: LeBron the greatest EVAR!!! Kobe who?

BSPN, they're very good at perpetratin'.
kray28

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:25 pm

kray28 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:If you want to hear some really, truly obvious bias from ESPN watch the SportsCenter that's on right now until the very end. Or hell watch it right now. I almost puked...

Only time I watch BSPN is if there's a game on that I can't see anywhere else.

Otherwise, I don't watch and I avoid their website as well.

Yeah but they still have the most data in one spot. It's so easy to get stats and things when they're scrolling the bottom of the screen...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:35 pm

I recorded JRIB and Around the Horn from yesterday to see what they have to say about Kobe and the Lakers.

Before Bynumhad his run of 5 great games no one talked about the Lakers "toughness". Now that he is injured all of a sudden we are not tough enough to win the championship. Do these clowns even listen to themselves? I can see how they can say we would have trouble with Boston because they beat us in the Finals but now we aren't strong enough for the Cav's and Magic.
puffyusaf#2

Postby kray28 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:42 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I recorded JRIB and Around the Horn from yesterday to see what they have to say about Kobe and the Lakers.

Before Bynumhad his run of 5 great games no one talked about the Lakers "toughness". Now that he is injured all of a sudden we are not tough enough to win the championship. Do these clowns even listen to themselves? I can see how they can say we would have trouble with Boston because they beat us in the Finals but now we aren't strong enough for the Cav's and Magic.

Their opinions are basically worthless...even casual Laker fans know more about the up and downs of the team than these clowns. Yet they talk like experts who have done all their homework, when all they've done is read some box scores, recaps, summary stats and maybe a few highlights. Their mediocre level of analysis consistently betrays it too.

With Drew playing great, we were playing great, and when Drew wasn't playing great, we were still playing great.
kray28

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:42 pm

^ I was frustrated out of my mind listening to those guys. I thought after Kobe's 61 pt. out burst they'd say something like," Even with Andrew Bynum out, they have the reigning MVP Kobe." But it was all doomsday gloom instead.

I think Willbon was the only one that seemed genuinely impressed by Kobe, and respected his achievement and respected the Lakers.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wallangong on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:46 pm

^ what did Kornheiser say? he's actually the one who has liked the Lakers all season and thinks they have a good shot in the Finals. but I'm curious to see if he's singing a different tune with Bynum out.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:48 pm

wallangong wrote:^ what did Kornheiser say? he's actually the one who has liked the Lakers all season and thinks they have a good shot in the Finals. but I'm curious to see if he's singing a different tune with Bynum out.

Not positive, but I think I remember them agreeing that the Lakers are still the team to beat in the West, and still easily a contender for the Championship. They conceded that it would be much harder without Bynum, but siting the run they made last season, I'm pretty sure they both said that the Lakers are in good shape.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:36 pm

^the other day wilbon said that he doesnt think the lakers are the team to beat in the west anymore, the spurs were. kornheiser disagreed with him.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:08 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:NBAtv Headline "Lebron gets crack at Kobe's MSG record"

It really amazes me that these writers have discredited what Kobe has done so much that they basically think Bron can "just do it" at will.

Yup, even BSPN how has the same headline.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby shoe on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:23 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:^the other day wilbon said that he doesnt think the lakers are the team to beat in the west anymore, the spurs were. kornheiser disagreed with him.

wilbon was saying the spurs were close to the lakers now

they both pretty much thought that the lakers are still the team to beat in the west
shoe

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion