God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:29 pm

from714to402 wrote:Zo speaking the truth on NBATV.

What did he say?
Daloyalfan18

Postby from714to402 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:31 pm

Daloyalfan18 wrote:

What did he say?

They brought up the subject of Kobe vs LeBron. Zo started it off by saying that Kobe is unstoppable on both ends of the court. All you had to do for LeBron is stop him from getting into the paint and his overall game will suffer, whereas Kobe can do it inside, outside, and on the defensive end.

Also said that if he had to take a player right now to get a ring, he would go with Kobe. Kenny Smith, and Eric Snow both agreed with Zo and said that Kobe is the best player in the world bar none.
from714to402

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:34 pm

from714to402 wrote:
Daloyalfan18 wrote:

What did he say?

They brought up the subject of Kobe vs LeBron. Zo started it off by saying that Kobe is unstoppable on both ends of the court. All you had to do for LeBron is stop him from getting into the paint and his overall game will suffer, whereas Kobe can do it inside, outside, and on the defensive end.

Also said that if he had to take a player right now to get a ring, he would go with Kobe. Kenny Smith, and Eric Snow both agreed with Zo and said that Kobe is the best player in the world bar none.

Interesting, the vets ALWAYS take Kobe over Lebron for the most part. Cool that E.Snow agreed considering he played with Bron. Thanks for the recap. :jam2:
Daloyalfan18

Postby from714to402 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:37 pm

They compared LeBron to a cake in the oven, as far as his maturation process.

One other thing they said that Kobe wins in hands down is his killer instinct and competitive nature. Kenny Smith made a reference to a quote that LeBron had, it was something along the lines of, "I want to get to Kobe's level, he's a killer". He said that Kobe's(and MJ's) competitive nature would never allow himself to say something like that, because that would give the opposition an advantage.
from714to402

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:45 pm

from714to402 wrote:
Daloyalfan18 wrote:

What did he say?

Was Rick Kamla the anchor? If so, he probably wanted to cry after hearing that.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby from714to402 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:47 pm

The Original 81 wrote:Was Rick Kamla the anchor? If so, he probably wanted to cry after hearing that.

Actually he wasn't, they had some other guy. Oddly enough even he agreed that Kobe was the best player in the NBA. He made a good point saying that LeBron wants to be the best in the game today, while Kobe wants to be the best ever.
from714to402

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Didn't take long for them to put all of Kobe's numbers up against Brons big ole triple-double
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby noobiew on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:33 pm

killamangiro wrote:ESPN POLL

Which performance was more impressive

Kobe: 61 points, 3 assist, 0 rb 17 %
lebron: 54 pts, 11 assist, 10 rb 83%

WTF is this? yeah how convenient that ESPN leaves out minutes played and shots attempt in their little poll

FIXED IT, Labron had 52 pts only.

And yeah, we all know that Kobe only played for 37 mins and 19/31 Field goals while Labron James played for 44 mins and 17/33 field goals.

The media/NBA will always like to over hype Labron ...
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby noobiew on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:39 pm

The Original 81 wrote:

Absolutely, 100% agree on that !

:jam2:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby from714to402 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:46 pm

^^I was reading that post and I was like, hey this seems familiar. Then I looked up and saw that I had posted it lol.
from714to402

Postby borri on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:47 pm

noobiew wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:

Absolutely, 100% agree on that !

:jam2:

Seriously. Put in the tape of our last game against the CAVS. What did Kobe NOT allow Lebron to do as much as he would have liked? Every stinking NBA team knows this.

BSPN does too....but it would ruin Lebron's image WAY WAY WAY too much to be crowned "King James" or "the chosen one."
Last edited by borri on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
borri

Postby Blasta_Masta8 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:54 pm

With all the pull BSPN has there is no doubt in my mind that lebron is going to win mvp this year. Even if Kobe wins the scoring title and finishes with the best record in the league.
Blasta_Masta8

Postby Weezy on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:18 pm

from714to402 wrote:Also said that if he had to take a player right now to get a ring, he would go with Kobe. Kenny Smith, and Eric Snow both agreed with Zo and said that Kobe is the best player in the world bar none.

The actual players always say this kind of stuff, the guys that actually know the game, and the guys that actually played against Kobe are the ones that really know what's up. It's only these sports writers and ESPN anchors that proclaim LeBron superior and 'The King' and so forth.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LawSin on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:30 pm

eh, a triple double with 52pts is pretty damn impressive. i dont care which side you take, you'd be right to praise either game. my only knock on lebron is he seemed to come in with the mindset of beating kobe's records. but hey, that's the spirit of competition. doubt kobe cares.

honestly it's ridiculous how often these two are compared. on one side i hate hearing how kobe doesn't get double/triple-doubles as often when he's a guard not a forward. and on the other lebron is damn gifted and in certain aspects/times outperforms kobe. kobe's the best guard in the league and lebron's the best forward in the league. there is everyone happy now?
LawSin

Postby sepu on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:34 pm

there a youtube video of what they talked on NBA TV ? I would love to see that ....
sepu

Postby CGrand81 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:34 am

Damn LeBron is too sick, but ESPN did a good job of it today I thought.

First 50 point triple double since the merger, some people on here need to stop hating.
CGrand81

Postby Venomenon on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:45 am

Kobe's leading in the Yahoo NBA poll (49 or 50 pct) and that poll has lecrab, MJ and Bernard King.
Venomenon

Postby knm131 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:45 am

Some day, some how, folks in here will realize that BSPN and all these other sites write content that makes money.

Not content to appease Laker fans.

If you want to read 24/7 pro-Lakers news, I recommend ClubLakers.com, not ESPN.
knm131

Postby GoatMilk16 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:01 am

I was watching NBATV also.
I dont remember who said it, it was either Snow or Zo, but one of them said that Kobe deosnt need to have someone help him carry the load. he doesnt need guys hitting shots like MoWIll to help free space for LeBron to get to the paint. they said Kobe does whatever he wants

they really made good points. if even Eric Snow says Kobe's the best, then you gotta respect his opinion. Snow played with the Cavs last season, and is still officially on their roster
GoatMilk16

Postby 1Dynasty1 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:03 am

killamangiro wrote:ESPN POLL

Which performance was more impressive

Kobe: 61 points, 3 assist, 0 rb 17 %
lebron: 54 pts, 11 assist, 10 rb 83%

WTF is this? yeah how convenient that ESPN leaves out minutes played and shots attempt in their little poll

... What about when they left out a comparison of the 2 Knicks team's relative defensive standing/rankings at the time while showing the comparison of Kobe's game to MJ's of 95? Knicks were a top defenisve team back in 95'- a whole lot different than they are today. Isn't that also convenient of ESPN to omit..?
1Dynasty1

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:12 am

LIterally 2 minutes ago this was said : " Which performance was better? Kobe's 61? Or Lebron's amazing triple double? I think it needs be said that the Lakers ran away and hid from the Knicks, while this game stayed a game."

What the F**K??
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby OchoX3 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:33 am

They should have posted the entire box for each.
If Kobe played 44 minutes, what we he have ended with 72?
OchoX3

Postby nameant on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:47 am

+19
+7
nameant

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:09 am

I think hell has just frozen over..........

On First Take both Stephen A. and Skip both said Kobe's 61 was a better game than LBJ's trip-doub. Jay Crawford was beside himself which was funny.

Both games were great by both players and really shouldn't be discredited in any way
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Kent K25 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:26 am

OchoX3 wrote:Image
They should have posted the entire box for each.
If Kobe played 44 minutes, what we he have ended with 72?

Averages out to 72.5 points at the pace he was going...
Kent K25

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion