God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN

Postby JGC on Thu May 10, 2012 3:52 pm

LakerFan1235 wrote:JGC, you seem like quite the conspiracist. Kobe being sick is huge news. He is one of if not the best player in the NBA, him being out in an elimination game is pretty damn big news.

I'm not saying they shouldn't report it.

The fact that are so happy and proud that Kobe is sick, that they make it their TOP headline above the 6th man award is telling.

I mean, everyone gets sick. Not everyone gets a 6th man of the year award. They are just crapping their pants with excitement that Kobe is ill. Sick bastards!
JGC

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Fri May 11, 2012 10:52 am

has anyone seen the new poll on the bottom ESPN.COM.....the question is "What do you make of Kobe Bryant calling out his teammates after the Lakers' loss to the Nuggets in Game 6?"
the only 2 options they have is ....A) SELFISH or B) SCREWED
LOL, wow.
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri May 11, 2012 11:00 am

^wow... If Lebron did that it would be A) Leader or B) Greatest ever leader
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Fri May 11, 2012 11:01 am

^^That is just BLATANT. I mean talk about a juvenile poll from a site that is supposed to be a respected sports network.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri May 11, 2012 11:10 am

What is funny is Kobe has had two amazing close out games and ESPN barely touched it. All they seem to show is Kobe missing shots even when we win..lol. On the other hand, in games the Heat lose all the highlights are about the Heat and about the King and his court. What would be the headlines if Lebron played like Kobe has all year? How many doctor experts would be on talking about all the injuries the Chosen One was playing through? How many polls would be made about how awesome he was for playing with the worst cold in history? (Yes it has to be that if it was for Lebron you know).

ESPN where being Biased matters.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby kray28 on Fri May 11, 2012 11:16 am

Who even wastes their time at BSPN's site? I avoid it all costs. Go to a competitor sports portal like cnnsi or yahoo sports if you have to.
kray28

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:35 pm

lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:has anyone seen the new poll on the bottom ESPN.COM.....the question is "What do you make of Kobe Bryant calling out his teammates after the Lakers' loss to the Nuggets in Game 6?"
the only 2 options they have is ....A) SELFISH or B) SCREWED
LOL, wow.

They need their tushies whipped, it's time to move on :man5: . I think us Laker fans have grown use to things like this so it doesn't surprise me anymore. I don't know why Kobe is the only player to have salt and rain thrown on his career, and legacy for so long. Any player with his reseme would be considered top 5 greastest of all time easily.
You guys know Mike WIlbon? He is always reluctant to give Kobe any credit, I remember after Bean won his 5th ring he was asked is he in your yur top 20 top 10 yet and he was like NO. I don't know what else Kobe has to do play with a missing arm and leg? I've seen other analyst already believe certain players are in their top list without many hardware to show for it.
Jazzygirl205

Postby JGC on Fri May 11, 2012 4:33 pm

gcclaker wrote:^^That is just BLATANT. I mean talk about a juvenile poll from a site that is supposed to be a respected sports network.

What's wrong with it?

It asked if what Kobe did was "Selfish" or "Shrewd".

Why is that juvenile?
JGC

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Fri May 11, 2012 4:45 pm

JGC wrote:
gcclaker wrote:^^That is just BLATANT. I mean talk about a juvenile poll from a site that is supposed to be a respected sports network.

What's wrong with it?

Why is that juvenile?

He thought it said screwed, not shrewd.
Shrewd is something that is very cunning. As in Kobe was cunning to make that comment to fire his teammates up.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby DarthRekal on Wed May 16, 2012 2:22 am

Why is it .. The lakers lose.. And thunder get all the press .. Thunder too much..heat lose and its heat lose gamr instead of pacers too much... Hmmmm
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed May 16, 2012 4:34 am

An insider article from ESPN on the Spurs - Floppers series was basically a copy-paste from a Spurs fan analysis posted on Spurstalk.

http://deadspin.com/5910612/
BSPN keeps losing :man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby Chopper on Wed May 16, 2012 7:27 am

Not just BSPN it seems.

NBA.com highlights from the game that the Pacers WON last night showed 10 straight highlights of the Heat to start off their highlight reel. Ridiculous. Made it look like Lebron was outscoring the Pacers by himself! They said his name on pretty much EVERY highlight no matter if he was involved in the main play or not. Geez,
Chopper

Postby gcclaker on Wed May 16, 2012 8:26 am

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
JGC wrote:

What's wrong with it?

Why is that juvenile?

He thought it said screwed, not shrewd.

Shrewd is something that is very cunning. As in Kobe was cunning to make that comment to fire his teammates up.

I didn't see it. I took the poster's word that it did say "screwed" which would have been juvenile wouldn't you think? "Shrewd" works better.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:50 am

kray28 wrote:Who even wastes their time at BSPN's site? I avoid it all costs. Go to a competitor sports portal like cnnsi or yahoo sports if you have to.

Yup I go with yahoo sports too and with RealGM for all the injury updates.
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed May 16, 2012 10:03 am

Not exactly Lakers related, but I cannot believe that there hasn't been ONE SINGLE mention of D-Wade's vicious blindsiding of Collison during last night's game on Sportscenter (that I saw). In case you missed it and had to find out via Twitter (like I did), here's the play:

I used to really like & respect D-Wade's game, but enough is enough. This is almost EXACTLY the same sequence we saw in the All-Star Game: D-Wade gets pissed at a (CORRECT) non-call and vents his frustration by delivering a cheapshot to the nearest opponent. Jason Smith did basically this exact same play against Blake Griffin and was rightfully suspended for multiple games and villainized non-stop on ESPN and other networks, yet there isn't so much as a PEEP from what I have seen and I watched a lot of Sportscenter before bed last night and again this morning while getting ready for work.

Also, the NBA just announced there won't be any additional punishment for Wade for this dirty-as-hell play. Of course not. :nono2:
Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed May 16, 2012 10:13 am

DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:
kray28 wrote:Who even wastes their time at BSPN's site? I avoid it all costs. Go to a competitor sports portal like cnnsi or yahoo sports if you have to.

I usually go to S.I. myself. ESPN has to many "Insider" articles that I care not to delve into or pay for.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Wed May 16, 2012 11:32 am

gcclaker wrote:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:

I usually go to S.I. myself. ESPN has to many "Insider" articles that I care not to delve into or pay for.

Thx for the hint. I'll go and check that out these next games. I'm always happy with some new sites, because german sites tend to really annoy me when they have headlines like "Crunch-time wimps without Bosh" :man10:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed May 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Chopper wrote:Not just BSPN it seems.

NBA.com highlights from the game that the Pacers WON last night showed 10 straight highlights of the Heat to start off their highlight reel. Ridiculous. Made it look like Lebron was outscoring the Pacers by himself! They said his name on pretty much EVERY highlight no matter if he was involved in the main play or not. Geez,

Nba.com gave the the guy an entire day dedicated to his b-day, so not surprised lol.
Jazzygirl205

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Wed May 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:I used to really like & respect D-Wade's game, but enough is enough. This is almost EXACTLY the same sequence we saw in the All-Star Game: D-Wade gets pissed at a (CORRECT) non-call and vents his frustration by delivering a cheapshot to the nearest opponent. Jason Smith did basically this exact same play against Blake Griffin and was rightfully suspended for multiple games and villainized non-stop on ESPN and other networks, yet there isn't so much as a PEEP from what I have seen and I watched a lot of Sportscenter before bed last night and again this morning while getting ready for work.

Also, the NBA just announced there won't be any additional punishment for Wade for this dirty-as-hell play. Of course not. :nono2:

Not just that he was crying over the Pacers "celebrating" after winning.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/05/16/wade-upset-over-pacers-celebration-forgets-heats-ridiculous-celebration-in-2010/?utm_medium=VPH&utm_source=topvph_sports&utm_campaign=305651

Dwyane Wade wrote:“I heard they wanted to be like the Dallas Mavericks, in a sense,” Wade told reporters after the game. “I saw their little celebration at the end of that game. I don’t know if they didn’t expect to win, but every night we go out on the court, we expect to win.

“They say their identity, they say they want to be like Dallas. So they celebrated like Dallas, I guess.”
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby kray28 on Wed May 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Wade is a butthurt little douchebag.
kray28

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed May 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:Not exactly Lakers related, but I cannot believe that there hasn't been ONE SINGLE mention of D-Wade's vicious blindsiding of Collison during last night's game on Sportscenter (that I saw). In case you missed it and had to find out via Twitter (like I did), here's the play:

I used to really like & respect D-Wade's game, but enough is enough. This is almost EXACTLY the same sequence we saw in the All-Star Game: D-Wade gets pissed at a (CORRECT) non-call and vents his frustration by delivering a cheapshot to the nearest opponent. Jason Smith did basically this exact same play against Blake Griffin and was rightfully suspended for multiple games and villainized non-stop on ESPN and other networks, yet there isn't so much as a PEEP from what I have seen and I watched a lot of Sportscenter before bed last night and again this morning while getting ready for work.

Wow if that was Kobe, they would have made a huge deal out of that. If that was Metta, he would have been suspended. But no, its Wade he can't do any wrong despite being a well known petty, douche.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Wed May 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Punk move by a punk player.
kray28

Postby Phil XI on Wed May 16, 2012 11:04 pm

kray28 wrote:Punk move by a punk player on a punk franchise.

Embellished.
One can only hope cHEAT fall again this season so that we don't get non-stop summer long circle jerking from bspn.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Thu May 17, 2012 9:46 am

ESPN saying Lebron is a better closer than Kobe..id avoid ESPN for a bit lakers fans
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 17, 2012 9:50 am

^lol... knew that is what they would do
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion